Riviera Available on WDW Site

Tower Studio IS WEIRD AS ALL GET OUT. Seems more like an architectural misstep than something that was actually planned. As someone whos slept on Disney murphy beds and pull out couches before, no thank you.
The Sofa WallBeds that DVC is switching to are nothing like the murphy beds or sleeper sofas they currently use. These new ones will have a minimum mattress thickness of 8 inches and the mattress is not folded.

I believe the Tower Studio is aimed at couples like DH and me, and I was excited about them - until we saw the bed is a queen, not a king, and there’s no seating in the room when the bed is down. DH sometimes wakes early and gets out of bed to read while I sleep, but with this configuration he wouldn’t be able to do that. Maybe they’ll include a chair somewhere? Not to mention there’s no way to put a clock next to the bed so that you could see the time without sitting up and turning around. Too bad!

It looks like there is a chair to the right of the couch/bed (where there is a little desk).

We didn’t see one in the pictures of the unit, so I guess we’ll have to wait for more information! But DH has already said he thought it would work for 2 nights, not a week!

Tower Studio IS WEIRD AS ALL GET OUT. Seems more like an architectural misstep than something that was actually planned. As someone whos slept on Disney murphy beds and pull out couches before, no thank you.

The new queen Murphy beds at Pop use the same mattresses as the regular beds, and people have been very impressed with how comfortable they are (to the point of trying to buy for their own homes), so I’d expect these to be the same.

The Sofa WallBeds that DVC is switching to are nothing like the murphy beds or sleeper sofas they currently use. These new ones will have a minimum mattress thickness of 8 inches and the mattress is not folded.

Im sure its a step up but will never be as comfortable as an actual bed. Seems like an actual bed would have fit too, but they had to shove a couch in somehow to call it a studio? Still a pss for me.

We didn’t see one in the pictures of the unit, so I guess we’ll have to wait for more information! But DH has already said he thought it would work for 2 nights, not a week!

The new queen Murphy beds at Pop use the same mattresses as the regular beds, and people have been very impressed with how comfortable they are (to the point of trying to buy for their own homes), so I’d expect these to be the same.

Interesting. I'll be anxious to hear first hand reports.

It would seem you would have to slide along the mattress some to get in and out of the murphy bed/sofa set up.

DH is wondering if he sat on the end of the bed, will the whole thing pull away from the wall?

I'm hoping to be able to book for our September trip but thinking the resort won't be finished by that time.
I didn't see where the fridge is located in the two bedroom kitchen and is it correct no balcony in the standard studio?
Although I don't use the balcony much, I think it would force me to book at least the balcony studio for two people just
to feel like a little extra room.

Looking forward to seeing more information. Thank you for posting.

Looks like the latest DVC design slightly tweaked, the kitchen living room area in the 1 and 2 bedrooms looks similar to CCV but larger and some slight changes. Not seeing anything that makes me want to add-on here.

I also thought the kitchen layout was a strange choice... I assumed that they had that layout at CCV because of the hotel conversion constraints and thought they might have a more spacious kitchen layout building from scratch. I guess Kidani's 2-BR kitchen spoils you :-)

I'm hoping to be able to book for our September trip but thinking the resort won't be finished by that time.
I didn't see where the fridge is located in the two bedroom kitchen and is it correct no balcony in the standard studio?
Although I don't use the balcony much, I think it would force me to book at least the balcony studio for two people just

All Studios (Tower & Deluxe) will have either a patio (ground floor) or balcony.

They are doing cash bookings for mid/end December, so doesn't look like it'll be ready for September.

The fridge is located across from the stove in the 2-bedroom/1-bedroom units.

Also I do think they all have balconies or patio for ground floor!

If the tower studios are low points, I'm all about it. Perfect for weekend food and wine stays for the wife and I.

I would miss the refrigerator and microwave in those Tower Studios. Plus there isn't a table and chairs where we usually leave our laptops. I would miss all of those things. I did notice that there is a chair on the left side of the couch/bed for a desk. So one guest would have a chair to sit on. Maybe only 2 or 3 nights maximum this room would work for us or maybe for a night before or after a cruise. But I sure wouldn't pay the cash prices which are showing up for 12/16 - 12/31/19 for that room. Also I noticed on the names attached to the floorpan for this Tower room is is labeled as a Pod. It looks like one IMO.

I am pretty sure these rooms will be on one or more of the corners where the towers are located. These two rooms would face Hollywood Studios. The room on right from the balcony would see both Epcot and DHS while the room one right would only see DHS and both would see the Skyliner.

DSC_9545.jpg

Last edited:
I would miss the refrigerator and microwave in those Tower Studios. Plus there isn't a table and chairs where we usually leave our laptops. I would miss all of those things. I did notice that there is a chair on the left side of the couch/bed for a desk. So one guest would have a chair to sit on. Maybe only 2 or 3 nights maximum this room would work for us. But I sure wouldn't pay the cash prices which are showing up for 12/16 - 12/31/19 for that room. Also I noticed on the names attached to the floorpan for this Tower room is is labeled as a Pod. It looks like one IMO.

I suspect it'll be dependent on how everyone travels. We're locals and for my wife and I, F&W is about leaving the kids behind and getting hammered at Epcot ;)

That's a niche category for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to use this type of room to get us out of the others.

The question is...how many of those tower studios will there be? Is it going to be another case of people buying just enough points to stay in one of those...and when it turns out there are only 20 of them (just a guess) people will get upset about not being able to secure one at 11 months?

I see a picture of Lumiere from Beauty and The Beast - there's some theming for you! ;) Oh - and fruit pictures on the walls.

I'm also surprised by the kitchen design but I guess they are going with a smaller square footage design - more economical to build more rooms.

Interesting, but if there is a kitchenette it is without a sink based on the floorplan. I suppose it could be where the TV is located. Or in the cabinet to the right of the bed/couch. Or it is possible this is just an error on programming for the website. I would hope that a coffeemaker would be included.

I am pretty surprised to see these photos that show a very uninspiring resort. What a missed opportunity. This is a huge fail for Disney decision makers. This will be a hard sell for them.

Part of me agrees with this. At first I thought the design looked a bit blah but then, that is where all the renovations are going. I too wish there was more "Disney" in the design but if we can't have that then at least the design looks nice and classy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter