Resort Parking Fees to be enforced

Give Disney time. They'll eventually have both as well.

Resort fees are my breaking point. There’s no way to work around them and it’s against my principles to pay them. Since I have been staying on site for decades, that will be a very sad day. Guess I will just watch the fireworks from my back deck at that point. . .

When we went to a dinning event at the GF, the "My Disney Girls a Perfectly Princess Tea Party" the valet CM said this exact statement, "Included in the cost of the tea party(this is the silly expensive one not the Alice one) is free all day parking at GF, so you can monorail to the park, as opposed to the normal 4 hour parking window for ADRs".

To make things more confusing, valet parking at the deluxe resorts and visiting the parks is ok.

So if your tea party included valet parking, that would make sense.

i am not sure that is entirely true. i was denied parking at one of the MK resorts recently even though i was staying DVC at the time. we were just there to shop and eat.

I was also denied parking at Contemporary in July. We were staying at Beach Club but the kids wanted to eat at the QS in Contemporary and shop around. The guard at the gate said NO, can't park here for that. Told me I had to park at the TTC. I said, never mind. Went back to Beach Club.

To make things more confusing, valet parking at the deluxe resorts and visiting the parks is ok.

So if your tea party included valet parking, that would make sense.

Nope we self parked :)

The "parking CM" explicitly stated it was included in the Princess Tea price. I was actually just pulling up to the front to let of DW and DD who were going to the party. DS and I were going on a monorail resort tour so we were going to self parking. The CM was very kind to mention that to us even though we weren't even going to MK that day. It was a AK day for us that day. So we didn't even take advantage.

I was also denied parking at Contemporary in July. We were staying at Beach Club but the kids wanted to eat at the QS in Contemporary and shop around. The guard at the gate said NO, can't park here for that. Told me I had to park at the TTC. I said, never mind. Went back to Beach Club.
must have been the same guard that turned us away. i was happy. saved me a bunch of money on overpriced food and souvenirs that we would have bought that day. we ate a chic fil a instead since we were on our way out of WDW.

Obviously. But they aren’t if pay for parking at a hotel. Lol
WRONG!

Paying to park at the hotel is an OVERNIGHT fee. Paying to park at the theme parks is a "day" fee.

Onsite guests and guests with APs are exempt from paying to park at the theme parks (with the exception of the preferred locations within the lots). Onsite guests with a vehicle are expected to pay a fee for each night that their car is parked in the resort parking lot, the exceptions being those with HA plates/hang tags and DVC owners under specific circumstances.

You're just spreading bad information that you got from misinformed CMs.

Again. I had a food reservation so I had a right to be there. Lol. I was told by numerous people front desk and concierge that I was absolutely allowed too. I’m that type of person who asks numerous times cause I do t want to get in trouble. Drives my wife crazy. But hey don’t do it if u have a reservation. But I will
Yes, you can park for an ADR but not all day just to walk to Epcot. Asking numerous times to numerous CM's means you knew it was wrong or you were told no or you just asked about parking for an ADR...imo.

WRONG!

Paying to park at the hotel is an OVERNIGHT fee. Paying to park at the theme parks is a "day" fee.

Onsite guests and guests with APs are exempt from paying to park at the theme parks (with the exception of the preferred locations within the lots). Onsite guests with a vehicle are expected to pay a fee for each night that their car is parked in the resort parking lot, the exceptions being those with HA plates/hang tags and DVC owners under specific circumstances.

Yes, you can park for an ADR but not all day just to walk to Epcot. Asking numerous times to numerous CM's means you knew it was wrong or you were told no or you just asked about parking for an ADR...imo.

Nope again the reason I asked numerous times is because people like you said I can’t on these boards. So when I got to Disney world. I actually ask a person who actually works there and knows.

I tell you what don’t leave your car after reservation. Idc. Lol. But I will as long as it’s allowed when I have a dining reservation

WRONG!

Whatever.

Say it how u want. But if I drive to Disney and pay a resort fee for my car. I get free park parking. Everyone knows that.

It would be so easy to give timestamped tickets. Just charge anyone $25 (that's the theme park parking rate now, right?) if they're there longer than 3 hours (with maybe some exceptions for long spa treatments or particularly time consuming restaurants).
Actually, I think it should be more than the theme park rates. If it costs me $35 to park a vehicle overnight at the BWI/BWV as a guest of the resort, it should cost a visitor without an ADR at least that amount in purchases (confirmed by receipts) to park for free for 3 hours.

Whatever.

Say it how u want. But if I drive to Disney and pay a resort fee for my car. I get free park parking. Everyone knows that.
There are no "resort" fees...yet. And paying to park at one resort does not entitle you to park all day at another resort for no additional charge...period.

Actually, I think it should be more than the theme park rates. If it costs me $35 to park a vehicle overnight at the BWI/BWV as a guest of the resort, it should cost a visitor without an ADR at least that amount in purchases (confirmed by receipts) to park for free for 3 hours.

Great idea. Unless the visitor pays for parking at a different Disney resort.

Luckily I booked bounceback for beach club next year. Can walk where I choose. Lol

There are no "resort" fees...yet. And paying to park at one resort does not entitle you to park all day at another resort for no additional charge...period.

Wrong. Remember I had ADR. But none the less I was told I could so I will. And it was great. Really enjoyed the experience.

Ummm. No, you have incorrect information and it is not helpful for you to spread it as if it were factual. Please don't mislead other guests into thinking that they can park anywhere they darn well please, for as long as they please, just because you happened to get away with it.

I don’t think I said people can park any where they darn please. Read again.

Do you work there? If not relax. Cause I asked actual people who work there.
I wasnt scamming, I paid for parking at my resort and had An ADR and was told I can leave my car there for the day. I followed the rules and enjoyed the day. Again it was great.

I don’t think I said people can park any where they darn please. Read again.

Do you work there? If not relax. Cause I asked actual people who work there.
I wasnt scamming, I paid for parking at my resort and had An ADR and was told I can leave my car there for the day. I followed the rules and enjoyed the day. Again it was great.
I think we are all pretty uptight about these parking fees (well I am anyways). But, it does sound like you were not scamming the system if you paid to park at your resort and had an ADR. Not that it really matters... Disney is hosing us all with their ridiculous pricing schemes. Any way we can find to save a few bucks we should do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter