Resort Parking Fees to be enforced

What an odd autocorrect to switch from breaking to following.

No autocorrect. I followed rules.
But good attempt at humor though.

3 people at CBR and 1 at boardwalk all said since I pay here I can park there even with out an ADR. At boardwalk they scanned my band to see If I was staying at dis resort. Also I asked if I have a ADR at yacht club can I leave car and go to Epcot. Concierge at CBR said absolutely. Again they would know. So salty you guys are it’s great

Disney adds to the mess by allowing people to park at resorts during some seasons and on non weekend days. Being inconsistent is frustrating when a guest is planning to park at resort because they parked there yesterday, last month or last year.
I agree it’s super confusing! We go early December and I’d love to use our rental car to tour some resorts and check out their QS but I’m not sure I should since I know it can be hit or miss with being allowed in without ADR. With price increases for buffets and other meals were kinda priced into mostly QS now.

DVC members pay for construction & maintenance of parking lots in our annual fees — they’re part of the “common areas” of the DVC resorts. That’s why DVC members don’t pay to park when staying at DVC resorts or when staying on points at a non-DVC resort, and Disney can’t change that without violating timeshare law.
Thank goodness! We’re new to DVC and so excited about this. Honestly $25/night quickly adds up.

We offsite in January but after reading this we will just plan to have our meals off property as well. We have never needed reservations in January for meals but I doublt we will go through the trouble of making ADRs just to park. Big River Grill is one of our favorites and they don't even take reservations.

I agree it’s super confusing! We go early December and I’d love to use our rental car to tour some resorts and check out their QS but I’m not sure I should since I know it can be hit or miss with being allowed in without ADR. With price increases for buffets and other meals were kinda priced into mostly QS now.

You will be fine. Just telling them your visiting and they will verify by scanning band. Check out board walk. So awesome

No autocorrect. I followed rules.
But good attempt at humor though.

3 people at CBR and 1 at boardwalk all said since I pay here I can park there even with out an ADR. At boardwalk they scanned my band to see If I was staying at dis resort. Also I asked if I have a ADR at yacht club can I leave car and go to Epcot. Concierge at CBR said absolutely. Again they would know. So salty you guys are it’s great
Just a quick question.....Where are the "rules" stated that yoU keeping posting about? The official word posted on the WDW site states...
Day Guests
"Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels."

Obviously you are going to do whatever yoU want regardless of any rule posted anywhere. Maybe next time yoU won't be so lucky.

I am thinking they are trying to get a more accurate count of registered guests with cars so they can determine how many cars shouldn’t be there overnight. The resorts that were specifically mentioned first are resorts that could have issues with not enough resort parking for registered guests before the paid parking issue. If they know they have 800 spaces, but only 300 people have said they are overnight with a car and the lot is packed, there is something very wrong. Either you have a lot of fee dodgers or a lot of day parkers.

If they are going to have paid parking, I think it should be timed with a daily cap. Give them a couple hours free, then so much an hour until you max out, and have the max out time at a half park day or less. So you show up at Poly for breakfast, eat, and you know if you go to MK you will have to pay x amount per hour up to the daily max. But if you move your car to the MK lot after breakfast for the day, no resort charge. I have been one of those registered guests at MK or Epcot resorts who has had to circle the lot trying to find a space because the lot is full during the day, but empty at night. It was bad enough when the parking was free, but at $24 per day, I would be livid.
We have stayed at the BC in the past and had a hard time finding a decent parking place. I also remember them asking where we were staying when we checked in for our Cape May ADR. I thought that odd at the time.

Just a quick question.....Where are the "rules" stated that yoU keeping posting about? The official word posted on the WDW site states...
Day Guests
"Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels."

Obviously you are going to do whatever yoU want regardless of any rule posted anywhere. Maybe next time yoU won't be so lucky.

Again. I was told by CBR concierge and people at front desk and at deluxe resorts I could. I follow that

Again. I was told by CBR concierge and people at front desk and at deluxe resorts I could. I follow that

Nobody is disputing that you were told it was ok to park. But that doesn't make it a rule, or that others should expect the same experience. Unfortunately incorrect info comes from CMs often, too often; if everything a CM told somebody was a "rule" -- there would be no rules because too much would be contradictory. There are plenty of reports on this thread alone showing that a person can be turned away. The rules haven't changed in years; resort parking is for resort guests or those doing business (dining, shopping, etc.) at the resort. Not for theme parks. It has nothing to do with having paid for parking at your own resort. I'm glad the situation worked in your favor this time. Just be aware that another time it may not.

Enjoy your vacation!

You will be fine. Just telling them your visiting and they will verify by scanning band. Check out board walk. So awesome

You won't necessarily be fine. It's up to the CM at the gate.

We were staying on Disney property in mid August. Crowds were fairly low. It was before Food and Wine and the Halloween parties started. We were turned away from the Boardwalk and the Beach Club on two separate days mid afternoon because we did not have an ADR. We had no intention of going into the parks. We just wanted to check out the stores and quick service. We had no problems visiting other resorts. You just never know.

Surprise, surprise a CM gave incorrect information.

Inconsistency is the only consistency^

Anyone who has been on this forum for 6 years KNOWS that parking at a resort you are not staying at to go to a theme park is "not okay" ... and PLENTY of folks have been told this directly by the security guards (and as posted, it is a published policy). Yes, any given day you will get someone who may just be over guests asking to do this or that, wanting special treatment, and say yes ... I just don't get taking "pixie dust" and arguing that it's some kind of rule (when it is opposite of posted information) with all those posting that in fact one is not to do this. Nothing new, been the same for as long as I can remember. As others posted if we all do what we wanted to do .........

I posted this before .......... Disney could have fixed this long ago, keep paying resort guests happy that there will be parking spots for them (especially now that they have to pay for it) AND pocket some change. Rework the parking lots by adding some gates and moving some guard shacks. Set it up like CSR where guests MB will open the gates that go to the guest rooms parking areas. All others go through guard shack and get a ticket before heading to main parking. You get 3 hours free with an ADR or experience booked, 2 hours free if you just want to look, shop, quick serve or bar. The inside locations can stamp. Once you leave anything over those hours is per hour ... and at a high rate to discourage using for theme park. Say beyond the free hours each additional hour is $8. No arguing, no fine lines, no inconsistent answers, no cheating the system ........... you park, you get free window, then you pay. If you want to monorail tour or hang out all day ... go to a theme park parking lot or valet. If you are staying onsite, go back to your resort or move your car to a theme park lot - which is free to you.

If we are going to be paying to park our cars to stay in already overpriced rooms, I want them to buckle down and stop all this parking by non-resort guests to go to theme parks.

Last edited:
Nobody is disputing that you were told it was ok to park. But that doesn't make it a rule, or that others should expect the same experience. Unfortunately incorrect info comes from CMs often, too often; if everything a CM told somebody was a "rule" -- there would be no rules because too much would be contradictory. There are plenty of reports on this thread alone showing that a person can be turned away. The rules haven't changed in years; resort parking is for resort guests or those doing business (dining, shopping, etc.) at the resort. Not for theme parks. It has nothing to do with having paid for parking at your own resort. I'm glad the situation worked in your favor this time. Just be aware that another time it may not.

Enjoy your vacation!

Yeah it has always worked in my favor.

They should really train the guard, chat , front desk and concierge. Cause they all said same thing.

Next year no worries beach club it is

Inconsistency is the only consistency^

Anyone who has been on this forum for 6 years KNOWS that parking at a resort you are not staying at to go to a theme park is "not okay" ... and PLENTY of folks have been told this directly by the security guards (and as posted, it is a published policy). Yes, any given day you will get someone who may just be over guests asking to do this or that, wanting special treatment, and say yes ... I just don't get taking "pixie dust" and arguing that it's some kind of rule (when it is opposite of posted information) with all those posting that in fact one is not to do this. Nothing new, been the same for as long as I can remember. As others posted if we all do what we wanted to do .........

I posted this before .......... Disney could have fixed this long ago, keep paying resort guests happy that there will be parking spots for them (especially now that they have to pay for it) AND pocked some change. Rework the parking lots by adding some gates and moving some guard shacks. Set it up like CSR where guests MB will open the gates that go to the guest rooms parking areas. All others go through guard shack and get a ticket before heading to main parking. You get 3 hours free with an ADR or experience booked, 2 hours free if you just want to look, shop, quick serve or bar. The inside locations can stamp. Once you leave anything over those hours is per hour ... and at a high rate to discourage using for theme park. Say beyond the free hours each additional hour is $8. No arguing, no fine lines, no inconsistent answers, no cheating the system ........... you park, you get free window, then you pay. If you want to monorail tour or hang out all day ... go to a theme park parking lot. If you are staying onsite, go back to your resort or move your car to a theme park lot - which is free to you.

If we are going to be paying to park our cars to stay in already overpriced rooms, I want them to buckle down and stop all this parking by non-resort guests to go to theme parks.

Correct. For past years was always the case.
But as previously mentioned by numberous cast members since I pay for parking at my resort I can park at other resorts to visit. And they also mentioned while I’m them for ADR I should enjoy the monorail to parks and walking to Epcot.
Again just stating personal experience.

Yeah but the people they worry about aren’t the ones who pay at another resort.
They know most hotel guests are going to resorts for reservations or a quick visit.
That’s why there allowed too plus they already paid. Most Disney resort guests are driving themselves to parks or using Disney transportation. It’s the non hotel guests that are issue.
We fly in and stay at POFQ and use Disney Transportation - Last time we were on the bus to a park and started chatting with another couple. They drove in from a surrounding town, parked at FQ and used already overcrowded Disney bus to go to a park so they don't have to pay to park at the park. They also bragged that they often used the pools at the resorts. I don't know how they do it, but it explains why WDW wants to institute parking fees.

We fly in and stay at POFQ and use Disney Transportation - Last time we were on the bus to a park and started chatting with another couple. They drove in from a surrounding town, parked at FQ and used already overcrowded Disney bus to go to a park so they don't have to pay to park at the park. They also bragged that they often used the pools at the resorts. I don't know how they do it, but it explains why WDW wants to institute parking fees.
yeah this isn't why disney wants to institute parking fees. that is because they want more money and people will pay it. greed - plain and simple...

I'm curious about how this will actually play out because we are resort hoppers to play, trade pins, and eat, so we are always at different resorts. I guess I'll see in 10 days.

In other news, I have been given a 3 hour parking pass at the Beach Club before on a very busy day when I had an ADR. I was told to go to the parking attendant who directed me in to the lot which was blocked off unless that CM opened it up. It had a time I arrived and a time I had to leave and it had to stay in the car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter