Resort Change by Disney

Am I still the only person who had been cancelled outright by WDW (without any communication) between 1st and 12th July 2020? I just want to be prepared, in the event that WDW ever answers my e mails or telephones. Thank you.

I called this morning and the cast member told me that my reservation was slated to be canceled anyway so not to make a payment. My check in day is July 9 and I found that a bit concerning. I know things are constantly changing but he said guests only through July 4 are being transferred. I told him that I was hoping mine will get transferred as well but he did not say anything back. Not sure if the offer will end after for dates after July 4 or not.
Interesting. So sorry to hear this.

I called this morning and the cast member told me that my reservation was slated to be canceled anyway so not to make a payment. My check in day is July 9 and I found that a bit concerning. I know things are constantly changing but he said guests only through July 4 are being transferred. I told him that I was hoping mine will get transferred as well but he did not say anything back. Not sure if the offer will end after for dates after July 4

Sounds like they are still figuring out after July 4 I also think t

Having a DVC booking at BW in mid-July, I have been keeping an eye on this. Wanting something that approximates a "normal" stay, I am glad to see that, unless you have a DVC reservation, that you will have to pay rack rate for any available rooms. I cannot imagine 100% capacity allowing for much use of the amenities of the resort (pools, community hall, gym, etc.). If the parks are a gamble, you need to have things for people to do.
While I do feel for those who have cash reservations, you do have a choice and can get your money back. I have already paid a handsome sum for my membership, albeit 20 years ago, and annual dues. I will lose 70 banked points if I cancel. All told, this amounts to about $2500. I wish I were given such a choice.

You only pay right now for changes to dates. If someone is not changing dates, then Disney is moving them to an open DVC for free.

So, it is possible that people will indeed be moved to DVC in mid July for free as well, as long as no dares change, The free move comes with the restriction that the guest is given no choice of the DVC resort chosen.

With them allowing cancelled guests before July 5 to upgrade at no charge if they keep their dates, I think it's likely if there are still closures after that date, they will extend that offer to those guests. It wouldn't make sense that they wouldn't. That said, they aren't going to book any resort to anywhere near capacity. I wouldn't expect anything aprroximating a normal stay for the first few months.

They can not limit capacity at DVC due to it being a timeshare...

I called this morning and the cast member told me that my reservation was slated to be canceled anyway so not to make a payment. My check in day is July 9 and I found that a bit concerning. I know things are constantly changing but he said guests only through July 4 are being transferred. I told him that I was hoping mine will get transferred as well but he did not say anything back. Not sure if the offer will end after for dates after July 4 or not.
May I ask your dates and resort please?

He knows nothing because Disney hasn't started on the reservations past 7/4 yet. Not that it stops CMs from going off script.

Final payment isn't due until 7 days out so definitely hold onto your money but I'd also hold onto your hope. Disney might still be decided how to handle guests who cross over into the park's official opening.

Wouldn’t that only apply to DVC owners though? Couldn’t they limit the number of cash guests as well as how many they upgrade to a DVC?
AFAIK FL is not limiting capacity at Timeshares so Disney doesn't have to if they don't want to...

Am I still the only person who had been cancelled outright by WDW (without any communication) between 1st and 12th July 2020? I just want to be prepared, in the event that WDW ever answers my e mails or telephones. Thank you.
I think so :(

I'd call again next week now that they have a policy covering your trip start date, give them a couple days to get ducks in line at call centers with how to handle 6/22-7/4 reservations and then call about yours. If they're moving everyone else for free there is no excuse for refusing to move you.

It has been reported that not everyone will be moved and that some will be canceled,

I bet the move prior to July 4th is because they know a lot of DVC opened up...I saw it on the member website.

Once parks open, it may not be a blanket policy.

AFAIK FL is not limiting capacity at Timeshares so Disney doesn't have to if they don't want to...
I was unaware about the restrictions as far as DVC goes, but just curious if Disney could choose to limit the number of non- DVC guests so as not to overwhelm the resorts considering the limited pools and dining.

Wouldn’t that only apply to DVC owners though? Couldn’t they limit the number of cash guests as well as how many they upgrade to a DVC?

Not really...the rooms at 60 days or less are used for breakage, Also, Disney owns their own points to use for bookings that are given to cash guests.

So, nothing stopping them from following the rules and filling up all the rooms.

Now, if you are asking if Disney could decide not to use their points, sure...but legally, they do not have to stop cash guests from being out there,

As an owner, I can’t stop them either. So, I think they have decided to open their resorts slowly, and fill up DVC first

I think that is what concerns me. I understand not opening resorts automatically reduces capacity resort-wide, but running DVC at 100% capacity (or even then adding the deluxe resort side of DVC and running at 100%) runs contrary to reducing capacity. I just can't imagine, for instance, BCV being at 100% starting June 22 and that resort being able to accommodate everyone for breakfast, for instance, with BC Marketplace. That's like running the resort during Christmas season - maybe I'm missing something here, but that doesn't sound like reduced capacity to me. I will be interested in seeing reports regarding resort operations once DVC starts re-opening on June 22.

I don't think DVC will be at capacity prior to parks opening. I think without parks and most dining, those are reservations that guests will cancel or defer to when parks are open. I think July parks openings will change the what is available for dining. It also gives Disney a chance to see any gaps they need to fix in operations or control.

Since DVC provide some kitchen/kitchenette amenities, there is the option for folks to dine in their suites/villas.

About how many guests/rooms should be accepted .... I have a home in a rental community so follow guidelines. I found it interesting that while there were tons of rules about cleaning and rooms sitting empty for 24 hours between guests .... there were zero rules about holding back on occupancy or capacity. They are giving everyone the right to fully open as long as they follow guidelines. Financially is makes more sense .............. and I think places like Disney/ hotels/tourism have the ability to look at it as every single person who comes there is coming of their own free will to an optional vacation. It's not like schools or offices where people have to go. I'm sure the fine print on everything they have now is putting all risk on the guest.

We won't know anything until they are up and running, will be an interesting follow for sure with lots of different endings.

Rumors are only opinions until they become fact and there are a lot of opinions but facts are facts

I noticed that no Jambo House DVC rooms are bookable until Jan 2, 2021.
We are booked at AKL Jambo July 7-14. Since the resort has DVC rooms do you think we will be ok and not be moved?

I just called about Jambo specifically. We are in a Villa at Jambo House from 7/6-7/10. When I called last week, I was assured it would be open because it is considered DVC. No I'm being told Jambo House WILL NOT be open :(

I don't think DVC will be at capacity prior to parks opening. I think without parks and most dining, those are reservations that guests will cancel or defer to when parks are open. I think July parks openings will change the what is available for dining. It also gives Disney a chance to see any gaps they need to fix in operations or control.

I'm with you on this. Even though we might get upgraded to a nice room for no extra charge, not having the parks to go to defeats the purpose of driving the 600 miles. I was game for it if my daughters were, just to try something new and have a distraction but my DDs, 19, 14 couldn't believe I'd even consider driving down there without going to the parks. They said, "What's the point of going to Disney if you're not going to Disney?"

I do think it's nice that they're offering to move at no additional cost if you keep the same dates. (Ours were July 1-5). We're going to hit the modify button but probably can't afford to make the switch at rack rate.

I just called about Jambo specifically. We are in a Villa at Jambo House from 7/6-7/10. When I called last week, I was assured it would be open because it is considered DVC. No I'm being told Jambo House WILL NOT be open :(
ESPN confirmed 3 resorts will be for NBA players only with strict screenings for the virus and they won't be allowed at the resorts. I wonder if AKL is one of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter