Resort Change by Disney

We had a GDT Water View King room for 9/27-10/4, our TA finally got through yesterday after trying since 6/23. They offered the CBR Preferred room, when she said we didn't want that the only other thing they would offer up was a Deluxe Studio at OKW. :( I was really disappointed in that. We ended up accepting the CBR (and hopefully at least our balance will go down from what it was with the GDT reservation), because of the Skyliner (spending 2 days in DHS and 1 in Epcot) and the QS options. It would have cost us more $$ to move the reservation to next April and since we also booked our plane tickets with the package if we cancel totally, we're left with an Airline Credit that likely won't get used. Of course that may happen anyway if things continue the way they are in Florida and our own state.

I was just told by my TA that Disney is not sending luggage tags to people and you have to go claim your baggage and take it on the magical express with you. Or you can tell the Magical Express Welcome Center where to claim your bags and they will claim them and deliver to them to your room. I'm not sure how I feel about describing my bags to someone and depending on them to get them for me. I guess I'll be loading the magical express with my luggage:(

I was just told by my TA that Disney is not sending luggage tags to people and you have to go claim your baggage and take it on the magical express with you. Or you can tell the Magical Express Welcome Center where to claim your bags and they will claim them and deliver to them to your room. I'm not sure how I feel about describing my bags to someone and depending on them to get them for me. I guess I'll be loading the magical express with my luggage:(
I've done the self pickup on a 11:30PM arrival w/ 2 kids. That gate checked stroller was a godsend as an impromptu luggage cart. You got this!

I got luggage tags for the trip I was supposed to go on this weekend. We were not doing checked luggage, but they were part of the packet.

Do you know anything about guests who booked preferred rooms? I had/have a preferred room booked at All-Star Movies. I like being near the main lobby and especially transportation, as it makes the trip more enjoyable over the long run. I would much prefer a preferred room at an All-Star than a far away room at a place like Pop Century.

Do people who booked preferred rooms get to maintain that when they're moved to another value resort? I know Pop is more money than All-Stars, but I hope I get a preferred room there, or a preferred room at Art of Animation (although I think the preferred rooms at AoA are suites). My TA is calling today. I'm anxious to hear what she finds out. I really hope Disney works to keep us in a preferred room like we'd booked!

I had a preferred room booked at ASMo and was moved to a preferred room at Pop!

Not exactly as your TA described. Guests are still receiving DME luggage tags. The most current issue is for guests that have had their reservation move to a new resort. In this case the pre-printed luggage tags are for the wrong resort.

You don't really even need the DME luggage tags & you don't have to describe your luggage at the DME Welcome desk. Just provide your luggage receipts to the representative and they will go to the airline baggage claim area and collect your luggage. Usual disclaimer about hours of operation.

We always strongly that you take a picture of your receipts before you hand them over just in case the bags are delayed and you need to work with the airline to trace any misdirected bags in a worst case situation.

And as you suggested you can claim your own bags and have the piece of mind to know that your luggage on the same bus as you!

Dave

Last edited:

Not exactly as your TA described. Guests are still receiving DME luggage tags. The most current issue is for guests that have had their reservation move to a new resort. In this case the pre-printed luggage tags are for the wrong resort.

You don't really even need the DME luggage tags & you don't have to describe your luggage at the DME Welcome desk. Just provide your luggage receipts to the representative and they will go to the airline baggage claim area and collect your luggage. Usual disclaimer about hours of operation.

We always strongly that you take a picture of your receipts before you hand them over just in case the bags are delayed and you need to work with the airline to trace any misdirected bags in a worst case situation.

And as you suggested you can claim your own bags and have the piece of mind to know that your luggage on the same bus as you!

Dave

In the past, as long as you have a yellow tag, they should be able to get it to you. We once had a last-minute resort switch a couple of years ago and even though our luggage tags said the wrong resort, I was told they would scan it and see that our reservation had moved, and they did. Maybe things are a bit more complicated now because of the higher volume of moves, but I imagine you would still be okay to use the tags with the wrong resort. You could always take a sharpie and write the new resort on it.

Dave
We had a resort move in the past and they said the resort name doesn’t matter, they use the bar code.

I wonder why MS told us that they weren’t sending tags until September.

We had a resort move in the past and they said the resort name doesn’t matter, they use the bar code.

I wonder why MS told us that they weren’t sending tags until September.
I haven't gotten mine yet, but I was told by the phone CM who set up my Magical Express transfers that I would get them (they even gave a specific day they'd be shipping them out to me, but i forgot).

I haven't gotten mine yet, but I was told by the phone CM who set up my Magical Express transfers that I would get them (they even gave a specific day they'd be shipping them out to me, but i forgot).
When is your trip? Mine is July 14.

I arrive on July 12. I got an email that we should get our magic bands on Monday and hopefully we will get our ME information soon as well.

The thing is, even locations that have a real QS open have limited menus for now. We are staying at Contemporary Resort. The QS has 5 entree options, and the only one I can eat is the Caesar salad. I would suggest to bring some snacks or get some groceries delivered or plan to eat at the QS at the parks.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/contempo-cafe/menus/lunch/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/boardwalk-bakery/menus/lunch-and-dinner/
Here’s the thing, and this is totally me and my opinion, so not haters please
I do not and will not cook on my Disney vacation. Call me entitled, call me spoiled. No apologies. For 50 other weeks of the years, for 27 years, I have/do cook 3 plus melas a day ( we do delivery about 1 time a week) we “vacation” other places ( beach, mountains) in Condos, so I cook there. Disney is MY vacation. My family gets all the others as I still clean, cook, pick up after them ( just in a different location 🙄) When we do Disney, it is My chance for a break. So, dining is important ( nothing fancy needed, happy to eat hot dogs....that I didn’t cook!🤣) We are still “plugging along” with kids....have little foster boys with severe special needs, so yeah, I look forward to a week “off”. We are not rich, do not have a fancy house or own anything that cannot tolerate being destroyed in 15 seconds. We have sadly, but partially relieved, decided to cancel due to this. ( other things too, shortened park hours, mandatory masks, water parks closed) we are going to reschedule for next summer hopefully. So, sadly, another 50 weeks of cooking are between me and Disney! 🤣❤️❤️

Here’s the thing, and this is totally me and my opinion, so not haters please
I do not and will not cook on my Disney vacation. Call me entitled, call me spoiled. No apologies. For 50 other weeks of the years, for 27 years, I have/do cook 3 plus melas a day ( we do delivery about 1 time a week) we “vacation” other places ( beach, mountains) in Condos, so I cook there. Disney is MY vacation. My family gets all the others as I still clean, cook, pick up after them ( just in a different location 🙄) When we do Disney, it is My chance for a break. So, dining is important ( nothing fancy needed, happy to eat hot dogs....that I didn’t cook!🤣) We are still “plugging along” with kids....have little foster boys with severe special needs, so yeah, I look forward to a week “off”. We are not rich, do not have a fancy house or own anything that cannot tolerate being destroyed in 15 seconds. We have sadly, but partially relieved, decided to cancel due to this. ( other things too, shortened park hours, mandatory masks, water parks closed) we are going to reschedule for next summer hopefully. So, sadly, another 50 weeks of cooking are between me and Disney! 🤣❤❤
I totally get you. I don't cook on vacation either! My suggestion about groceries was more to ensure you had snacks in the room for yourself and the kids. We usually don't bother to bring much in the way of snacks, but this year, we're going to bring much more than normal because there are fewer restaurants open and menus are limited, so I'll bring lots of nuts, cheese, olives, yogurt, charcuterie, nut bars, Terra chips, etc., for some mornings and evenings. And I just wanted you to know that it wasn't a Kidani problem, but a general Disney problem during this "reopening phase" (however long that is).

It sounds like you have made a good choice for your family, given the situation. Get your countdown going and start looking forward to next year!

I totally get you. I don't cook on vacation either! My suggestion about groceries was more to ensure you had snacks in the room for yourself and the kids. We usually don't bother to bring much in the way of snacks, but this year, we're going to bring much more than normal because there are fewer restaurants open and menus are limited, so I'll bring lots of nuts, cheese, olives, yogurt, charcuterie, nut bars, Terra chips, etc., for some mornings and evenings. And I just wanted you to know that it wasn't a Kidani problem, but a general Disney problem during this "reopening phase" (however long that is).

It sounds like you have made a good choice for your family, given the situation. Get your countdown going and start looking forward to next year!
When will you be there again? Because its sounds like a smorgasbord in your room -- can others stop by? (I kid, I kid)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter