Resort Change by Disney

Wow thank you so much! I got a call from a Guest Services member who told me to call her back, but I only had the main number and had to give up twice! I will give this one a try, I appreciate it! Wish she had given me a better number!
It’s a pretty great number. My call lasted 21 minutes yesterday, and that’s including holding, talking to the CM, holding again for her to make a price adjustment (longer than the initial hold) and the survey at the end.

It’s a pretty great number. My call lasted 21 minutes yesterday, and that’s including holding, talking to the CM, holding again for her to make a price adjustment (longer than the initial hold) and the survey at the end.
Wow fantastic! Fingers crossed it will go that way for me tomorrow! She gave me specific hours she will be there so I will try at the beginning of those hours!

She literally left no phone number on her message...just "I don't have a direct line so ask for me and they will connect you" Spend over two hours today on hold...two different calls, but had to disconnect to do actual work, lol

Everyone has different preferences, but I hear a lot of people worry about getting moved to Fort Wilderness cabins. I just wanted to say that, for our family, the cabins are our favorite! We have stayed at a handful of moderate and deluxe resorts, and the cabins are by far our favorite! So, don't despair if you get transferred to them!

Fort Wilderness has the strongest themeing in all the resorts. When you arrive there, it's like you're in a different world. It's just so immersive! Plus, with the cabins, you have your own separate building (great for social distancing), and there is a closed off bedroom door. Up to four people can stay in the bedroom. Then you have a bath, a FULL kitchen, a dining area, and a living room with an additional pull-out bed. You have your own porch and deck and grill. You can order grocery items to be delivered to your cabin by Disney, including stuff like diapers, fruit, bagels, milk, cereal, formula, Mickey bars, frozen pizza, and other items. We rented a golf cart from Disney, and you listen to banjo music that is piped in throughout the resort. The garbage cans are even bear-proof ones! The details are so fun and fit the theme. You can go to Crockett's, get a drink, and sit out on the oversized deck on a rocking chair. You guys, I'm pretty sure there is a whole disboard discussion somewhere where people share only pictures of their feet as they sit on these chairs. The deck overlooks the playground, so you can watch your kids play, and it also overlooks the beach. That's where you can watch fireworks and the electrical pageant parade (when they're running, of course!). You can also sit down at barrels and play checkers. For dining, there used to be Mickey's Backyard BBQ (closed - hopefully temporarily), the Hoop De Doo dinner show, which is a classic (temporarily closed), and Trail's End, which people often say is the best buffet in the all of WDW. There are also quick-service options, including the Chuck Wagon. They have a free sing along with Chip & Dale, and a whole little outdoor theater for playing the movie under the stars. For a fee, you can do archery, horseback riding, rent canoes, rent bikes, or go fishing. You get to take the ferry to Magic Kingdom. It's just such a fun resort. Disney makes it an idyllic experience through and through. In my experience, the people who like it LOVE IT and don't want to stay anywhere else. It can be very hard to get cabins and campsites there at different times of the year. They just sell out so fast! That's especially true of the holidays. For Halloween, they do a Halloween parade, and of course there is the headless horseman event. For Christmas, everyone goes all out decorating their campsites and carts, too. It's such a fun resort. It might not be for everyone, but if you get transferred there, maybe try to see it as your chance to give it a try! You might be surprised!

p-0720AT-100157796328_55_660x440_201404241300.jpg
DSC_0716_2.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 090.JPG
    Picture 090.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 28
I was originally at a CBR fifth sleeper. I got moved to FW Cabins last week, but called again yesterday and got moved to a Boardwalk Villas studio (no extra cost).

hmmmmm...... how did you manage this? I called like 4 times to try and switch from CB (after being placed there due to POR closure) and couldnt get a CM to budge.

hmmmmm...... how did you manage this? I called like 4 times to try and switch from CB (after being placed there due to POR closure) and couldnt get a CM to budge.
My CM might have been more flexible because there aren’t any other moderate resorts open during my dates (July 18-21). The cabins are technically a moderate but I think my CM understood that the cabins weren’t really comparable to the other moderates so she upgraded us to BW.

It might be tricky to move out of CBR if you were moved there from POR but honestly I feel like with the right CM anything can happen.

Everyone has different preferences, but I hear a lot of people worry about getting moved to Fort Wilderness cabins. I just wanted to say that, for our family, the cabins are our favorite! We have stayed at a handful of moderate and deluxe resorts, and the cabins are by far our favorite! So, don't despair if you get transferred to them!

Fort Wilderness has the strongest themeing in all the resorts. When you arrive there, it's like you're in a different world. It's just so immersive! Plus, with the cabins, you have your own separate building (great for social distancing), and there is a closed off bedroom door. Up to four people can stay in the bedroom. Then you have a bath, a FULL kitchen, a dining area, and a living room with an additional pull-out bed. You have your own porch and deck and grill. You can order grocery items to be delivered to your cabin by Disney, including stuff like diapers, fruit, bagels, milk, cereal, formula, Mickey bars, frozen pizza, and other items. We rented a golf cart from Disney, and you listen to banjo music that is piped in throughout the resort. The garbage cans are even bear-proof ones! The details are so fun and fit the theme. You can go to Crockett's, get a drink, and sit out on the oversized deck on a rocking chair. You guys, I'm pretty sure there is a whole disboard discussion somewhere where people share only pictures of their feet as they sit on these chairs. The deck overlooks the playground, so you can watch your kids play, and it also overlooks the beach. That's where you can watch fireworks and the electrical pageant parade (when they're running, of course!). You can also sit down at barrels and play checkers. For dining, there used to be Mickey's Backyard BBQ (closed - hopefully temporarily), the Hoop De Doo dinner show, which is a classic (temporarily closed), and Trail's End, which people often say is the best buffet in the all of WDW. There are also quick-service options, including the Chuck Wagon. They have a free sing along with Chip & Dale, and a whole little outdoor theater for playing the movie under the stars. For a fee, you can do archery, horseback riding, rent canoes, rent bikes, or go fishing. You get to take the ferry to Magic Kingdom. It's just such a fun resort. Disney makes it an idyllic experience through and through. In my experience, the people who like it LOVE IT and don't want to stay anywhere else. It can be very hard to get cabins and campsites there at different times of the year. They just sell out so fast! That's especially true of the holidays. For Halloween, they do a Halloween parade, and of course there is the headless horseman event. For Christmas, everyone goes all out decorating their campsites and carts, too. It's such a fun resort. It might not be for everyone, but if you get transferred there, maybe try to see it as your chance to give it a try! You might be surprised!

p-0720AT-100157796328_55_660x440_201404241300.jpg
DSC_0716_2.jpg

I was REALLY hoping for FW Cabins for our move (we're in POFQ) but we got CSR instead

Is AKL Kidani the only resort that doesn’t have a counter service open??? The “pool bar” has like 4 things...bbq sandwich, chicken tandoori salad, cheese and chili hot dog, something else.....but, that’s kinda it? Besides Sanaa 3 times a day, mixed in with Sanaa Lounge might get kinda old ( I can’t believe I typed those words, cause I do love Sanaa) just not sure I “love” it for 30 meals 😳😳

Is AKL Kidani the only resort that doesn’t have a counter service open??? The “pool bar” has like 4 things...bbq sandwich, chicken tandoori salad, cheese and chili hot dog, something else.....but, that’s kinda it? Besides Sanaa 3 times a day, mixed in with Sanaa Lounge might get kinda old ( I can’t believe I typed those words, cause I do love Sanaa) just not sure I “love” it for 30 meals 😳😳
Yes. They relied on Mara for QS, but Mara isn’t opening. The issue with Sanaa is that it is at reduced capacity and there is very little availability to get a reservation for lunch and dinner. We are going to have to get groceries to cook in the room or order food delivery to pick up at the front lobby.

This is my exact frustration! You aren't exaggerating when you say the pool bar has 4 things. I've scoured that menu so many times hoping to find something else, but that's it. Other than a turkey sandwich and uncrustables for kids. :oops: I made some Sanaa reservations, but I loved being able to grab late night chicken tenders at POFQ. :sad: I am so grateful for my upgrade to a Kidani studio, but I see a lot of microwave cooking in my future. I'm thinking hotdogs and deli sandwiches/wraps? I've already started making a menu plan.

Also, since Jambo opens for DVC only on July 10, all those poor, stranded souls will be coming over to Sanaa for food. They have it even worse than Kidani. We stayed at POFQ when the food court was being renovated, and they set up a temporary location. I just wish they could do that at Kidani... :sad:

Last edited:
This is my exact frustration! You aren't exaggerating when you say the pool bar has 4 things. I've scoured that menu so many times hoping to find something else, but that's it. Other than a turkey sandwich and uncrustables for kids. :oops: I made some Sanaa reservations, but I loved being able to grab late night chicken tenders at POFQ. :sad: I am so grateful for my upgrade to a Kidani studio, but I see a lot of microwave cooking in my future. I'm thinking hotdogs and deli sandwiches/wraps? I've already started making a menu plan.

Also, since Jambo opens for DVC only on July 10, all those poor, stranded souls will be coming over to Sanaa for food. They have it even worse than Kidani. We stayed at POFQ when the food court was being renovated, and they set up a temporary location. I just wish they could do that at Kidani... :sad:

For quite some time pre-Covid Sanaa offered a QS breakfast menu. Although a small one. Are we not expecting them to continue this?

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/dining/sanaa-qs/menus/breakfast-menu
Yead the Maji pool bar food isn’t the best. No real kitchen there. It’s all cold preboxed stuff.

I am hoping they do something more after July 10 when guests increase.

Pizza rolls work well in microwave for us. Sandwich fixings too.

We plan on pizza and other food delivery, maybe they will do something when they see that.

For quite some time pre-Covid Sanaa offered a QS breakfast menu. Although a small one. Are we not expecting them to continue this?

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/dining/sanaa-qs/menus/breakfast-menu
Yead the Maji pool bar food isn’t the best. No real kitchen there. It’s all cold preboxed stuff.
Sanaa is showing breakfast, but that is easy to do on your own. They likely have Grab and Go food in the Merch area, but likely limited because it is small, the bigger area is at Jambo and is closed.

Our resort change finally happened for the beginning of our trip in 2 weeks. AKL CL to a BWV 1 Bedroom. We have a backup Pop preferred room for those days (found the AKL deal in January and our Pop room was booked before that). So now the debate begins is it worth $1000 for a clown slide and a full kitchen for 3 nights.

Our resort change finally happened for the beginning of our trip in 2 weeks. AKL CL to a BWV 1 Bedroom. We have a backup Pop preferred room for those days (found the AKL deal in January and our Pop room was booked before that). So now the debate begins is it worth $1000 for a clown slide and a full kitchen for 3 nights.
And you can walk to 2 parks! Unless is this before the parks open?

And you can walk to 2 parks! Unless is this before the parks open?
It's the day after Epcot opens, so yeah we can walk to both, but that part we could also Skyliner to both from Pop. There's a possibility we may drive down instead of our existing Southwest flight and if we do we would either adjust down a night or just eat the cost if we can't adjust. It's the resort choice, the drive / fly choice, and where we're ultimately boarding our dogs when we go that's left on the plate.

Are you big pool people? Normally I would book BCV or BWV without hesitaion but with BCV having to share the BWV feature pool is been reported it is incredibly crowded, passing what’s considered safe, by several guests in the past week or two.

Now if you aren’t huge pool people walking into two parks is exactly what’s needed right now!

I'm thinking hotdogs and deli sandwiches/wraps? I've already started making a menu plan.
We also found using the toaster creatively can help fudge some hot meals. We did hash brown patties in the toaster (I did clean it thoroughly after, poor housekeepers already have enough to do), separated frozen egg breakfast sandwiches and toasted the biscuit/bun/bread while microwaving the egg filling bits, made yummy sandwiches on toasted bagels.

Good cold options to bring or pick up (Costco and Publix have great delis):
Pimento cheese for sandwiches and dip
7 layer Mexican bean dip
Pasta salad, we made ours with chicken breast for lunch
Taco bar fixings, microwaved the pre-made filling
Fruit and veggies to eat with dip and a “cheese plate” for light meals

Pre-make and pack in an extra suitcase:
Lasagna or other casseroles you can heat in microwave
Pasta (can microwave boil pasta if necessary) with protein and sauce, salad

The thing is, even locations that have a real QS open have limited menus for now. We are staying at Contemporary Resort. The QS has 5 entree options, and the only one I can eat is the Caesar salad. I would suggest to bring some snacks or get some groceries delivered or plan to eat at the QS at the parks.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/contempo-cafe/menus/lunch/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/boardwalk-bakery/menus/lunch-and-dinner/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter