Resort Change by Disney

When will you be there again? Because its sounds like a smorgasbord in your room -- can others stop by? (I kid, I kid)
:rotfl2: I think I'm there a week before you - July 18 - 26. We could do a socially-distant meet-up at the CR pool.

We're also bringing 8 bottles of wine. And we have a 1-2 TS reservations daily. Plus, we plan to stop at Nomad's, Baseline, Oga's, whatever bar is open at CR, and 2 days at F&W. We may not have characters, fireworks, streetsmosphere, Monster's Inc, Cali Grill, or the France pavilion, but we're still going to have fun! 😜🍷

:rotfl2: I think I'm there a week before you - July 18 - 26. We could do a socially-distant meet-up at the CR pool.

We're also bringing 8 bottles of wine. And we have a 1-2 TS reservations daily. Plus, we plan to stop at Nomad's, Baseline, Oga's, whatever bar is open at CR, and 2 days at F&W. We may not have characters, fireworks, streetsmosphere, Monster's Inc, Cali Grill, or the France pavilion, but we're still going to have fun! 😜🍷
I will miss you, but I like your attitude!!! Hope you have a great trip!

Just a quick update Oga's Cantina is now back on the opening list and listed for ADRs. If you have not already grabbed one!

Dave

Just a quick update Oga's Cantina is now back on the opening list and listed for ADRs. If you have not already grabbed one!

Dave
Thank you! I did get a heads up in another post and grabbed a mid-afternoon slot to hopefully give us a break.

Thank you! I did get a heads up in another post and grabbed a mid-afternoon slot to hopefully give us a break.
As did I! I’m actually wondering if I should move the reservation, mine is for 4:20 right now and I feel like I might want something a little earlier, but I don’t want to feel rushed after lunch.

Last week we switched from a split stay at WL + BWI (both deluxe club level) to Kidani + Boulder Ridge (both 2br villas)

Was told we had Price Protection, and there would be no price increase.

Got a pair of (paper) confirmations in the mail today, both with totals slightly above what we had before.

Has this happened to anyone else? (we tried to call this afternoon to ask about it but can't get thru)

Also... should I be able to see the prices of our rez somewhere on MDE?

Last week we switched from a split stay at WL + BWI (both deluxe club level) to Kidani + Boulder Ridge (both 2br villas)

Was told we had Price Protection, and there would be no price increase.

Got a pair of (paper) confirmations in the mail today, both with totals slightly above what we had before.

Has this happened to anyone else? (we tried to call this afternoon to ask about it but can't get thru)

Also... should I be able to see the prices of our rez somewhere on MDE?

I received my paper confirmation in the mail yesterday with a price quoted above what I paid before the resort switch - however, it also stated that I had a balance of $0.00 due on my check-in day. If you go into the MDE app and open up your resort, there's an icon that says "view charges" - in there it should show your charges as whatever you originally booked at.

I had All Star Movies booked for Wine & Dine weekend (Nov 6) and now MDE says I'm staying at Pop.

I think the runDisney event is very unlikely, but at least I have a place to stay if it happens.

SeptembernAnimal kingdom savannah view room moved to Kidani Village one bedroom price protected. But they "upgraded" us because of a mistake they made earlier when they removed our dining play--they also removed our club level (which they say wont be offered for our stay anyway).

I had All Star Movies booked for Wine & Dine weekend (Nov 6) and now MDE says I'm staying at Pop.

I think the runDisney event is very unlikely, but at least I have a place to stay if it happens.
They moved you without you calling or asking for a move? I thought you had to either call before your stay or they cancelled you?

They moved you without you calling or asking for a move? I thought you had to either call before your stay or they cancelled you?

Yes. I got an email to confirm my DVC stays in August. I have gotten nothing about the November stay.

My November stay was booked as a runDisney package through a TA. That may make a difference.

I'm a bit bummed though. I'm trying to stay at all the resorts, and All Star Movies is one I haven't been to yet, but I have stayed at Pop. Oh well, at least Pop has the renovated rooms and they're quite nice, especially since they added coffee makers!

I received my paper confirmation in the mail yesterday with a price quoted above what I paid before the resort switch - however, it also stated that I had a balance of $0.00 due on my check-in day. If you go into the MDE app and open up your resort, there's an icon that says "view charges" - in there it should show your charges as whatever you originally booked at.

OK, thanks, but could you provide just a few more details of how you found that? I've clicked on everything possible within the app as well as the MDE webpage, and I'm just not finding anything that says "view charges". Thanks

OK, thanks, but could you provide just a few more details of how you found that? I've clicked on everything possible within the app as well as the MDE webpage, and I'm just not finding anything that says "view charges". Thanks
You have to go through the app. Click on "My Resort" and it should open up a page that says your resort name at the time if you scroll down, above where it says room type there's different icons - the order of mine say choose magicbands, unlock door, and then view charges is the the third one. When you click into view charges it will tell you your current balance at the top, and then the charges right under that will show the total cost of your room. Mine initially showed the new cost of the updated room, but changed back to my original cost after a day or two. I did already complete online check-in, so I'm not sure if that makes a different in being able to see everything. I also think it only shows the room cost on room-only rates, not room and ticket packages.

the order of mine say choose magicbands, unlock door, and then view charges is the the third one.

OK, thanks for taking the time to type that. Unfortunately, mine doesn't match that exactly. For me, he third icon is "Get Directions" and the fourth is "Call resort Hotel"

I guess I'll have to call tomorrow.

I also think it only shows the room cost on room-only rates, not room and ticket packages.
I bet that's why I can't see mine. I booked through a TA and wondered if *that* was why - she's been sending updated amounts as things have been dropped off the package, but hasn't sent me one yet since park hoppers were dropped from my tickets. I'll have to ask her for an update.

the order of mine say choose magicbands, unlock door, and then view charges is the the third one.

OK, thanks for taking the time to type that. Unfortunately, mine doesn't match that exactly. For me, he third icon is "Get Directions" and the fourth is "Call resort Hotel"

I guess I'll have to call tomorrow.

Have you done online check-in yet?

I have more than one reservation currently in MDE. For the one that I have done online check in, I can see the view charges icon. For the ones I have not, that icon isn't there.

Newbie question: Will the magic bands we got for our original reservation (from May) still work for the new hotel we got moved to?

Newbie question: Will the magic bands we got for our original reservation (from May) still work for the new hotel we got moved to?
If you look at MDE in your profile, you will see all the linked Magic Bands and you can confirm they are on there using the #. I heard if you have WAYYYYYYYY too many Magic Bands sometimes there are issues, so you can deactivate the ones you don't need. I deactivate any that I can't physically locate (oops) because they can be used for charging on our room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter