• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~ Real Housewives of New Jersey ~ Season 6 ~ 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Joe realizes the younger girls likely know. He made a few comments that seemed to be his way of telling Teresa they know something.
I actually do believe Teresa was clueless about what exactly was going on. I could see her just signing what Joe gave her to sign and not questioning too much. My mom is like that. My dad handles financial things, he tells her the basics of what's going on and where to sign when she has to sign. Of course if he started doing things that seemed off, she'd probably start asking a questions.
I'm not saying Teresa is innocent in any way. I think she chose to be ignorant of the situation thinking as long as she didn't know she wasn't doing anything wrong.

It is interesting how people are shocked that Teresa didn't read anything. To be honest a lot of people don't read contracts, legal documents, insurance documents, warranty documents .......

When we sign stuff we read everything. Every mortgage we did we read through all paperwork and the closing people were mad with us. They stated, "no one ever reads the paperwork. All you have to do is sign." We told them that we needed extra time to read everything. I guess they didn't believe us.

When we bought extend warranties on some electronics or household items, we read the fine print. The cashiers were shocked that we did this because no one ever reads these things.

I believe Teresa didn't know what she was signing. I hope she will learn her lesson and read before she signs any paperwork.

I have never been a Teresa fan, but I genuinely felt for them (especially her) last night. I really think that Teresa was not expected (even by her attorneys) to serve any time. I can imagine how shocking it must be for them. She did at least seem to understand that the judge did a nice thing by letting her have the holidays with her family and having Joe and her serve staggered sentences. I think she feels she can handle prison, but she worries about the girls. Not only does she do so much for them, but she is counting on Joe (who isn't exactly reliable) to take on those responsibilities. I can see why she'd be stressed out. Not to mention how much she'll miss her children. I admit, I got a little choked up.

I know she said she doesn't care about her appearance, but without being able to dye her black hair, I wonder how grey she'll be when she gets out! :scared1:

I see she toned down the makeup and jewels for the interview with Andy Cohen. Hmm, a little late for that.

I feel sorry for the girls. As much as Teresa talks about wanting to be a strong business woman/role model for her girls, she royally failed. She is either the best actress in playing dumb, or she really is. There is no way that she didn't have some inclination as to what was going on. Especially when it got to a point that she was in business for herself and signing contracts. And for Joe to say that he just signed the papers the bank handed him....Really?! For once I would like someone to just stand up and say, "Yes, I did it! Didn't think I'd get caught but I did it!"

Joe is a pig! He knew exactly what was going on and I personally think, that since he knew he was not a citizen, he didn't think he'd have to pay taxes. Also, I keep going back to the first season when he wanted Teresa to perform an "act" right after she got her **** job. He's a pig!

Yep, he'll have someone else taking care of the girls once Teresa is locked up. Now that Nonna is a widow, he'll con her into moving in to help him.

Hope they continue to enjoy their trip up the River Denial! But, reality is going to hit them smack in the face come January.

Hope the girls will learn from all this and finally get the discipline and guidance that they really need. My heart does go out to them as they truly are the innocent victims in this mess.

I think Joe realizes the younger girls likely know. He made a few comments that seemed to be his way of telling Teresa they know something.
I actually do believe Teresa was clueless about what exactly was going on. I could see her just signing what Joe gave her to sign and not questioning too much. My mom is like that. My dad handles financial things, he tells her the basics of what's going on and where to sign when she has to sign. Of course if he started doing things that seemed off, she'd probably start asking a questions.
I'm not saying Teresa is innocent in any way. I think she chose to be ignorant of the situation thinking as long as she didn't know she wasn't doing anything wrong.

I think she was WELL aware of what was going on at least after 2007-one of the things that came up during the sentencing hearing was how Teresa denied in the bankruptcy proceedings that they had any rental properties (I remember her talking repeatedly about owning rentals on the show) BUT every month she personally endorsed multiple rental property checks and rather than putting them into their personal or a rental buisness account-put them into her Fabalini account (no wonder the accountants had a hard time tracking monies/sources).

I understand the dynamic where some wives are not aware of the financial specifics of their lives/husband's businesses, but it should have been a wake up call when joe was judged to have defrauded his business partner/a bank by forging bank documents back in 2007-and the fact that joe asked the bravo producers during the "auditioning" process for rhonj if participation on the housewives shows had ever lead anyone to get indicted (per andy cohen on wwhl during his sunday episode w/caroline-and she remembered it as well) SHOULD HAVE BEEN A HUGE RED FLAG to any wife.

they've operated a house of cards for decades.

I'm of a little different mindset than most of you. I think Teresa was the lead in doing "whatever it takes" to have more and more and more. It my belief he would have been fine with a more simple lifestyle and she's the one that pushed to have bigger and better than everyone else they knew. I don't for one second think she was taken advantage of by Joe, banks, or lawyers.

I'm of a little different mindset than most of you. I think Teresa was the lead in doing "whatever it takes" to have more and more and more. It my belief he would have been fine with a more simple lifestyle and she's the one that pushed to have bigger and better than everyone else they knew. I don't for one second think she was taken advantage of by Joe, banks, or lawyers.

I do think her desire for an extravagant lifestyle was his motivation. He does seem like a simple guy.
I don't think she was taken advantage of, just that she chose to remain ignorant of where their money was really coming from.

I love how Joe avoided the W-2 issue. He said the bank gave them the documents to sign, etc. Um, you provide the W-2's, not the bank. They both didn't know what to say because their lies have caught up with them. She knew. She's not as stupid as she pretends to be. She just plays that game and probably has all her life. Some people really think that everyone plays the system and does what they did. They're just common criminals scamming the "system" and they got caught like a lot do. I don't feel sorry for either of them.

Watching the interview last night all I could think was "what a train wreck". Neither of them could put a sentence together because they didn't know what to say anymore. They have forgotten what it is to be honest about anything. Somewhere along the line Joe learned how to do this from someone.

The whole idea that their lawyer didn't explain everything is just so untrue. I think Teresa thought she could get off because she is a "mom" and could blame Joe for all of it, but the court saw through their crap. She mis-represented herself for those appplications and they didn't supply the info the court asked for. Not reporting assets is stupid.

I love how Joe avoided the W-2 issue. He said the bank gave them the documents to sign, etc. Um, you provide the W-2's, not the bank. They both didn't know what to say because their lies have caught up with them. She knew. She's not as stupid as she pretends to be. She just plays that game and probably has all her life. Some people really think that everyone plays the system and does what they did. They're just common criminals scamming the "system" and they got caught like a lot do. I don't feel sorry for either of them.

Watching the interview last night all I could think was "what a train wreck". Neither of them could put a sentence together because they didn't know what to say anymore. They have forgotten what it is to be honest about anything. Somewhere along the line Joe learned how to do this from someone.

The whole idea that their lawyer didn't explain everything is just so untrue. I think Teresa thought she could get off because she is a "mom" and could blame Joe for all of it, but the court saw through their crap. She mis-represented herself for those appplications and they didn't supply the info the court asked for. Not reporting assets is stupid.

not reporting assets IS stupid-stupider still is having been caught doing it, and while awaiting your sentencing-going out and buying recreational vehicles, home furnishings, cars and construction equipment which you ALSO don't report to the court (but you flaunt on t.v. so the prosecution and judge are aware of it)::yes::::yes::

I loved it when andy cohen asked Teresa about how people reacted to her having a $2000 valentine purse with her when she was looking at "downsized":rotfl2:homes-she tried to deflect it saying she bet he got free or very reduced price gifts from companies as well-and andy said that he did, but he also reported it on his tax return and paid income taxes on it:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:cool1:

Was part 2 on yet? Or is it on next week?

I thought Andy asked some good questions, but they totally evaded the whole, "what exactly did you do?" He just kept saying "the bank gave us papers and we signed them." UMmmmmmmmm no, don't blame the bank.

I do think Joe was the "mastermind" behind it and Tre just signed where and when she was told. I think she may have known things were not on the "up and up" but as long as the money was coming in, I don't think she cared. Who knows, maybe she was completely unaware only she knows.

Was part 2 on yet? Or is it on next week?

I thought Andy asked some good questions, but they totally evaded the whole, "what exactly did you do?" He just kept saying "the bank gave us papers and we signed them." UMmmmmmmmm no, don't blame the bank.

I do think Joe was the "mastermind" behind it and Tre just signed where and when she was told. I think she may have known things were not on the "up and up" but as long as the money was coming in, I don't think she cared. Who knows, maybe she was completely unaware only she knows.

Tomorrow I believe.

not reporting assets IS stupid-stupider still is having been caught doing it, and while awaiting your sentencing-going out and buying recreational vehicles, home furnishings, cars and construction equipment which you ALSO don't report to the court (but you flaunt on t.v. so the prosecution and judge are aware of it)::yes::::yes:: I loved it when andy cohen asked Teresa about how people reacted to her having a $2000 valentine purse with her when she was looking at "downsized":rotfl2:homes-she tried to deflect it saying she bet he got free or very reduced price gifts from companies as well-and andy said that he did, but he also reported it on his tax return and paid income taxes on it:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:cool1:

I thought that was great too! In part two he asks her if she blames joe for all of this. Interested to see what she says or tries to say. I'm sure it will sound something like this "like, I mean, whatever!"

I watched last night and they are both so full of it.

At least Teresa seemed contrite and afraid and worried. Joe sat there smug as ever.

My dvr recorded an hour and I heard Andy mention a part two but my last 30 minutes was Manzo'd with Children. :confused3 Was the part two aired? I tried searching On Demand and then for a replay but didn't see anything.

I wanted to watch last night but I was watching SOA instead and don't have DVR.

I will have to look tonight to see if I can find it on the internet. I think she wanted a life style so that people saw her as more than she really was. I think she didn't ask questions about anything because she didn't want to know.

I also think she still hasn't learned anything because she is still blaming others for the situation they are in.

They are both extremely lucky that the judge allowed them to serve the sentence concurrently with her going first because him being deported is a real possibilty.

I watched last night and they are both so full of it. At least Teresa seemed contrite and afraid and worried. Joe sat there smug as ever. My dvr recorded an hour and I heard Andy mention a part two but my last 30 minutes was Manzo'd with Children. :confused3 Was the part two aired? I tried searching On Demand and then for a replay but didn't see anything.

I thought I heard this Thursday part 2 will air. But I'm not positive

according to my direct tv scheduler both parts will run tomorrow night.

I would love to be a fly on the wall at the irs-i wonder if their recent personal tax returns are now being looked to for the reporting of gifts in totality or at less than fair market value. the tax charges joe was charged for only went from 2004-2008, and rhonj didn't start until 2009 so it's entirely possible Teresa could have received tens to hundreds of thousands in free or reduced cost taxable items over the past 5 years.

the prosecutors have made no secret about how they used rhonj footage along with interviews Teresa did for the tabloids on her fabulous lifestyle-did she just put her foot in her mouth and open a new can of worms that the irs can leisurely investigate while she spends a year or so in jail::yes::

When Teresa said in the interview she was surprised about getting time in jail and that is why you hire lawyers....I was literally thinking she is saying ,"you spend lots of money on lawyers so you can get out of any restitution!:confused3"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter