Quick & Easy Christmas treats - *UPDATED* - compiled recipes - Page 53

zippeedee said:
How about drizzling melted peanut butter chips over the white bark once they have cooled? Or melted chocolate? I think I need to make some popcorn now!

I think this might work better than adding the pb to the bark. The bark doesn't take food coloring at all (it starts to clump up). The melted pb chips sounds yummy! We made a huge batch of popcorn today and divided it up in clear cellophane bags with beautiful ribbon. I tied ornaments onto my bags and they are for the resource teachers. I am sending some in a large tin with my husband tomorrow for his office to share. :sunny:

I just got this recipe in an email from Kraft - sounds yummy

Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread

Recipe Rating:

Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 1 hr min
Makes: 12 servings

3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
3 cans (7.5 oz. each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 Tbsp. milk

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl; set aside. Cut each biscuit into quarters; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place half of the biscuit pieces in greased 12-cup fluted tube pan; drizzle with half of the butter. Top with remaining biscuit pieces, then drizzle with remaining butter. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
BAKE 40 to 45 min. or until golden brown. Cool in pan 5 min.; invert onto serving plate.
BEAT cream cheese and powdered sugar in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add 1 Tbsp. of the milk; beat until well blended. Beat in enough of the remaining milk until glaze is of desired consistency. Drizzle over warm bread. Serve warm.

WARNING: Hard to resist these, so beware!

These literally take less than 5 minutes to whip up and then bake them for 20 mins while you are doing something else.

Spiced Nuts
Ingredients:
1/2 c. sugar
1 T. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt

Mix these 3 ingredients in a small bowl. In a large bowl beat 1 egg white gently with a fork. Add 1 pound of nuts (I use almonds but my sister is going to try it with pecans). Stir until coated. Add the cinnamon/sugar/salt mixture and stir to completely coat. Pour onto a baking sheet in a single layer and bake at 300 for 20 mins. Put on waxed paper in a single layer to cool.

I put these in festive cellaphane bags with a bow and a hand stamped Christmas tag (also great for Valentines day). They are DELICIOUS!!!

Peanut butter balls
1cup PB
1cp icing suger
1 cup crashed corn flakes
1/2 cup crushed walnuts
chocolate wafers melted

combine ingrediants and roll into balls and dip in melted white or milk chocolate place on a sheet of wax paper til chocolate hardens/cools

digskat said:
Peanut butter balls
1cup PB
1cp icing suger
1 cup crashed corn flakes
1/2 cup crushed walnuts
chocolate wafers melted

combine ingrediants and roll into balls and dip in melted white or milk chocolate place on a sheet of wax paper til chocolate hardens/cools

We make these but use rice krispies slightly crushed instead of the cornflakes and don't put nuts in them. They are really good!! I may make them today as a matter of fact. By icing sugar do you mean powdered sugar? Just clarifiying for those of us who aren't sure. :)

Cracker candy

Saltine crackers
1/2 lb butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups chocolate chips
ground nuts (about 1 cup)

preheat oven to 425. Line a cookie sheet with saltine crackers. In a medium sauce pan, melt 1/2 lb. of butter. Add 3/4 cup sugar; bring to a low boil, stirring constantly. Boil for three minutes. Drizzle over crackers. Bake for five minutes. Sprinkle 2 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips over the crackers, allow to melt a little, and spread. Sprinkle with chopped nuts and refrigerate. When hard, crack into pieces.

These are really good and hard to keep around!

briannesmom said:
I just got this recipe in an email from Kraft - sounds yummy

Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread

Recipe Rating:

Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 1 hr min
Makes: 12 servings

3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
3 cans (7.5 oz. each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 Tbsp. milk

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl; set aside. Cut each biscuit into quarters; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place half of the biscuit pieces in greased 12-cup fluted tube pan; drizzle with half of the butter. Top with remaining biscuit pieces, then drizzle with remaining butter. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
BAKE 40 to 45 min. or until golden brown. Cool in pan 5 min.; invert onto serving plate.
BEAT cream cheese and powdered sugar in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add 1 Tbsp. of the milk; beat until well blended. Beat in enough of the remaining milk until glaze is of desired consistency. Drizzle over warm bread. Serve warm.
You can do this even quicker if you are really short on time. Just get the refrig. cin. buns (like pilsbury) and cut them up. No need to add the cinn, sugar. They come with icing. Just use it to drizzle.

We have always called this monkey bread. Don't know why...

bear74 said:
does any opne have a good gingerbread recipe and a sugar cookie recipe also in need of easy way to decorate them.
This isn't really that "quick & easy," but it is my favorite, tried & true, sugar cookie recipe. I got this from my Home Ec teacher YEARS ago & still use it:

Ingredients
Combine & Cream:
1 1/2 cups soft shortening
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla

Combine & add gradually:
5 cups Flour
2 tsp. Baking powder
2 tsp. salt

Mix thoroughly & chill in plastic bag. Roll 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes.

**This recipe is doubled.

**If you like them thick & chewy, roll thicker & bake 7-8 min. (My Fav!)

**If you like them thin & crisp, roll thinner & bake longer.

d4est said:
You can do this even quicker if you are really short on time. Just get the refrig. cin. buns (like pilsbury) and cut them up. No need to add the cinn, sugar. They come with icing. Just use it to drizzle.

We have always called this monkey bread. Don't know why...

Oh, what a great idea to use the cinn rolls! I never thought of that. Thanks for the tip! BTW, we call it Monkey Bread too...LOL :confused3

BrinxFam said:
G'ma started the tradition of punch for every holiday. This is how she taught us to make it.

Mix:
1pkg. black cherry kool-aid
1pkg. cherry kool-aid
2 cups of sugar
1 qt. of water
1 large can of pineapple juice
Pour into an empty ice cream bucket and freeze.

When ready to serve, tip out of the bucket into the punch bowl and pour 7-up over top. The 7-up will cause the "ice" to get slushy. It is very good but will stain..

To any punch - or just about any punch - you can add frozen half -slices of orange, lemon, or other citrus fruits (though those two work really well). They help keep the punch cold and add a gourmet touch. To freeze them, lay them on a tray maybe with wax paper or parchment paper so they don't stick together when they freeze.

mickeyluv'r said:
To any punch - or just about any punch - you can add frozen half -slices of orange, lemon, or other citrus fruits (though those two work really well). They help keep the punch cold and add a gourmet touch. To freeze them, lay them on a tray maybe with wax paper or parchment paper so they don't stick together when they freeze.

Variation on this- I layer lemon, lime or orange slices in a bunt pan. Fill half way with sprite, juice, or water, and freeze. Just before the party, run hot water over the bunt pan to unmold. This makes a pretty ice ring you can float in your punch bowl.

Oh Henry Chocolates
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup corn syrup
Microwave on high for 2 minutes stir

In bowl mix 1 1/2 cups corn flakes
1 1/2 cups rice krispies
1 cup salted peanuts

Mix both together and press into a 9 by 11 pan chill until set.

Melt together 1 pkg milk chocolate chips and 3 TBS margarine. Cut bars into bite sized pieces and dip in chocolate.

Suz D said:
We make these but use rice krispies slightly crushed instead of the cornflakes and don't put nuts in them. They are really good!! I may make them today as a matter of fact. By icing sugar do you mean powdered sugar? Just clarifiying for those of us who aren't sure. :)
That's right powdered sugar sorry!

kpm76 said:
Oh, what a great idea to use the cinn rolls! I never thought of that. Thanks for the tip! BTW, we call it Monkey Bread too...LOL :confused3
Glad I could help!
Monkey Bread, lol :banana: :banana:

Our monkey bread recipe is easier.....cover the bottom of a pan with brown sugar....little bit of white sugar mixture....put pats of butter on top(I like lots) of that mix

Open tube of biscuits....squish into mix....not too hard or they won't pull apart....bake for the amount of time biscuits say...and viola instant monkey bread.

I have done other ones that you let sit over night but who wants to wait that long for monkey bread?

:rolleyes1

I made an easy icing for sugar cookies last year that worked well. I can't recall the exact amounts, but I just mixed powdered sugar, butter, and a tiny amount of water. Be certain to mix butter and sugar first. I just made a small amount, so I was surprised to see how far it went. I think I only used about 1/2 cup of sugar, maybe a tablespoon of butter, added about 1/4 tsp. water and then a few drops at a time until the consistancy was good. Then I divided the icing (keep the stuff you aren't using under plastic, or it will harden) - and added food coloring to each section. I started with white, then yellow, (yellow and blue make green), so leftover yellow became green. I think I only wanted blue, red, and brown after that.

Such a great thread! I just copied it into a spreadsheet for my Mom! :sunny:

What a great thread. This is just what I was looking for! Merry Christmas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter