Quick & Easy Christmas treats - *UPDATED* - compiled recipes - Page 53

ckoncurat said:
Easiest ever fudge....
1 1/2 cups chocolate (or any other variety chips)
1 can carnation sweetened condensed milk.
Toppings if desired. (like nuts or candy pices)

Stir together chips and milk on the stovetop until melted and glossy. Pur into a 8 by 8 or 9 by 9 pan. Top as desired. Chill until firm. Cut into squares.

So far this year I made butterscotch fudge topped with coconut and chocolate mint fudge (chocolate chips with a drop of mint extract) topped with crushed candy canes. In past years I've also made peanut butter fudge and oreo/white cholcolate fudge.

I make fudge similar to this one. We call it microwave fudge. It's so easy and really great tasting.

1 12oz pkg (=2cups) chocolate morsels
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
1 tsp vanilla extract

Combine the morsels and condensed milk in microwave dish (I use a large glass measuring cup). Microwave on high 3 minutes. Stir until mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla and any additions. I like mine with nuts but always make half without nuts for other family members. Spread mixture evenly into a lined or greased 8X8 (9X9) pan and chill until firm. I line my square pan with wrap so I can lift the entire thing out when set up. It makes it easier to cut.

For Rocky Road fudge just add 1 C mini marshmallows and 1/2 C chopped nuts. For Black Forest Fudge add chopped red candied cherries, mini marshmallows, and chopped almonds. You can experiment with different mixtures depending on your family's favorites.

So glad to see all the recipes using chocolate. Walmart had dipping chocolate on clearance for 25 cents a container. I bought 20 containers so I'll be making all kinds of things now.

You need:

1 pkg of graham crackers crushed (1/3 of the box)
1 cup peanut butter ( I like the crunchy for added texture)
1 box powdered sugar
2 sticks mellted butter/ margarine
1 12oz bag chocolate chips melted for the top

Mix in bowl the powdered sugar, graham crackers some big pieces okay, 1 cup peanut butter, and melted butter. Press into pan. Melt chocolate chips and pour over the top. Let chill till chocolate is hardened.

looo33 said:
Here's some super easy appetizer/snacky things.......

Chili and Cheese dip
Spread 1 8oz package of cream cheese in the bottom of a 8x8 cake pan.
Spread 1 can of Hormel chili on the top
Sprinkle shredded chedder chhes over that and bake at 350 until bubbly and cheese is melted...I think about 15 minutes.
Dip tortilla chips into this and enjoy.

I just made this today as we are watching the Bucs Game. VERY GOOD!!!

Thanks for sharing.
:goodvibes

Christmas Cheeseball (festive and delicious)

2 8oz. cream cheeses
1 8.5 oz. crushed pineapple (drained)
3/4 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. chopped green pepper
1 Tbs. minced onion seasoning
1 Tbs. Lawry's seasoning salt
6-8 marachino cherries (chopped)

Blend together cheese, pineapple, nuts (1/2 cup), green peppers, and seasoning. Roll into a ball and chill 2 hours. Roll in remaining nuts before serving.

CarolynNC said:
I make fudge similar to this one. We call it microwave fudge. It's so easy and really great tasting.

1 12oz pkg (=2cups) chocolate morsels
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
1 tsp vanilla extract

Combine the morsels and condensed milk in microwave dish (I use a large glass measuring cup). Microwave on high 3 minutes. Stir until mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla and any additions. I like mine with nuts but always make half without nuts for other family members. Spread mixture evenly into a lined or greased 8X8 (9X9) pan and chill until firm. I line my square pan with wrap so I can lift the entire thing out when set up. It makes it easier to cut.

For Rocky Road fudge just add 1 C mini marshmallows and 1/2 C chopped nuts. For Black Forest Fudge add chopped red candied cherries, mini marshmallows, and chopped almonds. You can experiment with different mixtures depending on your family's favorites.

This is super easy and gets raves! Very velvety texture. I make it double decker by chilling the chocolate fudge then adding a layer made the same way, but with Reeses peanut butter chps. YUM!

mom2alix said:
These are super easy. Similar to rice krispy treat, but made with cornflakes so they look like wreaths. The kids like putting on the red hots.

Cornflake Wreath Cookies

1/2 cup butter
4 cups miniature marshmallows
1 teaspoon green food coloring
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups cornflakes cereal
1 (2.25 ounce) package cinnamon red hot candies

1. Microwave marshmallows and butter on High for 2 minutes. Stir, then microwave on High for 2 minutes more. Stir. (This can be done in a double boiler if one doesn't have a microwave.)
2. Add and mix quickly the coloring, extracts, then cornflakes. Drop by spoonfuls in clumps on greased wax paper and decorate with 3 red hots each.
3. Once cool, transfer to lightly greased serving/storage tray with lightly greased fingers.

We love these except for the red hots! we use red mini m&m's instead!

ckoncurat said:
Easiest ever fudge....
1 1/2 cups chocolate (or any other variety chips)
1 can carnation sweetened condensed milk.
Toppings if desired. (like nuts or candy pices)

Stir together chips and milk on the stovetop until melted and glossy. Pur into a 8 by 8 or 9 by 9 pan. Top as desired. Chill until firm. Cut into squares.

So far this year I made butterscotch fudge topped with coconut and chocolate mint fudge (chocolate chips with a drop of mint extract) topped with crushed candy canes. In past years I've also made peanut butter fudge and oreo/white cholcolate fudge.
can you post the white chocolate fudge/oreo recepie.
Thanks

Here's 2 of my favorites:

Toffee crackers:
2 sticks of butter
1 cup of sugar
1 sleeve of saltines
1 package of chocolate chips - melted
Crushed nuts, coconut, or whatever other topping you might like.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lay out all of the saltines on a cookie sheet. Melt the butter, add the sugar, and bring to a boil. Boil for one minute, and then pour over the saltines. Bake for +/- 12 minutes. Cool off for a few minutes, then spread the melted chocolate over them, and cover with coconut, nuts, etc.

Red and Green cookies:
1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flour

Mix all ingredients well. Roll into 3 logs on wax paper, then roll the logs in colored sugar. Chill in the fridge until solid. Slice onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 3-5 minutes (they cook VERY quickly - when the bottom edge starts to spread, they are done)

Jen

I made the chocolate chip cheese ball for our open house today and everyone loved it!! They all want the recipe. Thanks disynut for posting it :)

Harligirl said:
The Easist and Best Fudge ever!!

I make this every year- I have fun changing the recipe around.

1 container of chocolate frosting
1 12 ox bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
3 snickers bars, chopped

Melt choc chips (stovetop or microwave)- remove from heat. Stir in frosting.

At this point you can either: mix in chopped candy bar or put the mixture into a pan and sprinkle with candy bars. I prefer to mix it in-

Add to a 9" square pan- refrigerate until cooled. Remove from pan and cut into squares. Tips: Line the pan with alum foil for easy removal. Add any kind of candy bar you like...change the chips- last time I used peanut butter chips...yum!

I like this recipe because you do not need to refrigerate (only to cool) it like many fudge recipes. Enjoy!! :sunny:

I made this tonight for our church Christmas party. Left out the snickers because I didn't have any. I am not a big fudge fan but everyone else loved it. They couldn't believe how easy the recipe was.

I made the chocolate frosting fudge this weekend it was delicious! I also made the oreo cream cheese balls and they are soooo good too and, I made chocolate dipped pretzels. Yum Yum Yum

Thanks for the recipes!

I made fudge tonight using the recipe with chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. I used a half bag choc chips and half bag of peanut butter chips. I can't believe how easy it was. It turned out great, very rich.
I can't remember who posted the recipe but, thank you!!

Amy

briannesmom said:
I made fudge tonight using the recipe with chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. I used a half bag choc chips and half bag of peanut butter chips. I can't believe how easy it was. It turned out great, very rich.
I can't remember who posted the recipe but, thank you!!

Amy
Did you mix them together? I've made something like this that has a peanut butter layer and a chocolate layer. I never thought of mixing them together. I'll have to try it.

MayMom said:

2 8oz. cream cheeses
3/4 c. chopped pecans

Blend together cheese, pineapple, nuts (1/2 cup), green peppers, and seasoning. Roll into a ball and chill 2 hours. Roll in remaining nuts before serving.

Am I missing something or what do I do with the cherries? Soaking them in alcohol is always a plan!! :tongue:

MayMom said:

2 8oz. cream cheeses
3/4 c. chopped pecans

Where do the cherries come in?
Are they mixed in with the other ingredients or rolled together with the last pecans?? :confused3

:goodvibes Sorry - they are mixed in with all the other ingredients...an unexpected sweet bite!

Thanks everyone for these recipes!!!! I spent the entire weekend baking w/ my girls and we had a blast!!! Everything turned out GREAT and everyone we gave the treats to have loved them!!!! Good luck to all of you about to undertake this---as much fun as it was--Im glad Im done!!!!

Another pretty easy one is to take your faviorate snickerdoodle recipe and instead of rolling the cookies in cinnamon and sugar, roll them in red sprinkles and sugar and green sprinkles and sugar. I have named them Hollidoodles. (patent is pending :rotfl: )

Jeni

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter