Quick & Easy Christmas treats - *UPDATED* - compiled recipes - Page 53

My Grandmother called this "White Trash"

1 bag white morsels
pretzel sticks (I break them in 1/2)
cocktail peanuts

Melt the white chips. Mix in the pretzels and peanuts. Drop by spoonful onto wax paper and let harden. So yummy!!!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

Shagley said:
I love all these ideas and I can't wait to try them. I also thought of another idea that we made a few years ago.

Spread peanut butter in between two Ritz crackers, and then dipped them in melted chocolate almond bark. My sister loves those!

I think I am going to have to make an assortment of these ideas to give out to neighbors and co-workers.

I made these last night. DH was my taster and he loved them. Yea, now I know what to give my neighbors. I can't believe how easy they are to make. Also made the peanut butter fudge with peanut butter and white icing so easy and delish!!
Thanks everybody for the recipes. :cheer2:

Snoopygirl said:
My Grandmother called this "White Trash"

1 bag white morsels
pretzel sticks (I break them in 1/2)
cocktail peanuts

Melt the white chips. Mix in the pretzels and peanuts. Drop by spoonful onto wax paper and let harden. So yummy!!!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!
I just made a version of this today, but my recipe is as follows:

3 bags white choc. chips
3 TBSP oil
5 cups Cheerios
5 cups Corn Chex
2 cups cocktail peanuts
1 bag M & Ms
1/2 bag mini pretzels
Melt the white choc. chips & oil together (I ususally do this in the microwave). Mix the other ingredients together, then mix the melted choc. in. Once all the ingredients are well coated with white chocolate, spoon the mixture onto waxed paper (on a cookie sheet or lg. baking dish). Refrigerate til it hardens.
This makes a huge amount, and I usually buy some of the pretty Christmas treat bags or the containers to divide it up. I also store this in the 'fridge.

Enjoy!! :flower:

disneyfan551 said:
Such a great thread! I just copied it into a spreadsheet for my Mom! :sunny:

How about spreading the Christmas wealth ! Can I have a spread sheet too?

I have a similar recepie that is 1 bag of semi sweet chips, 1 bag of butterscotch chips. Melt both together in the microwave ,then mix in potato sticks (the skinny litte french fry type potato chips in a can) and peanuts. Drop onto wax paper and let set. Salty Sweet goodness!

rie'smom said:
I made these last night. DH was my taster and he loved them. Yea, now I know what to give my neighbors. I can't believe how easy they are to make. Also made the peanut butter fudge with peanut butter and white icing so easy and delish!!
Thanks everybody for the recipes. :cheer2:
We make sort of the same recipe, but we buy the Ritz bits with the peanut butter already in them. Dip in white chocolate or almond bark and put sprinkles on top.

Ok, dumb question here. LOL! Many of you have mentioned the Ritz crackers thing dipped in chocolate. But how in the world do you dip it? Are you only dipped half of it? Are you holding it with your fingers and just plunge the whole thing in, but wouldn't there be bare spots where your fingers were? Or are you using a fork or toothpick stuck in it somehow?

LOL! Sorry, but I just can't envision dipping an entire cracker sandwich in chocolate without making a huge mess of myself!

this is what we have nicknamed this yummy & easy fudge

Ingredients

1 bag of milk chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk

open bag of chips
place in bowl
pour sweetened con. milk in next

1 minute on high in microwave

stir....and if need be 30 more seconds in microwave.

Continue the microwave and stir until almost all of the chips are melted

1 cap of pure vanilla extract(1 tsp)

stir in vanilla

and pour into a pan that only the bottom has been sprayed.

Put into fridge or fairly cold spot to set and viola

1+1=yummy

we just tried a combo bag of milk chocolate chips and peanut butter chips....my girls dubbed it Reese's fudge!!

threeboysmom said:
Ok, dumb question here. LOL! Many of you have mentioned the Ritz crackers thing dipped in chocolate. But how in the world do you dip it? Are you only dipped half of it? Are you holding it with your fingers and just plunge the whole thing in, but wouldn't there be bare spots where your fingers were? Or are you using a fork or toothpick stuck in it somehow?

LOL! Sorry, but I just can't envision dipping an entire cracker sandwich in chocolate without making a huge mess of myself!
We use the small Ritz Bits and I just melt the almond bark in a large bowl and dump in a bunch of the crackers, gently stir them in, then use a spoon to put them on wax paper to dry.

I just made the Ritz crackers w/PB dipped in chocolate - received rave reviews!! I just put the entire cracker into the melted chocolate and used tongs to make sure it's coated and to take it out with. Very easy. I also made some with the large cheese crackers, but they haven't set yet.

BTW I had never heard of almond bark before this thread. I managed to find it at WalMart and I think it's the greatest stuff ever! You learn something new every day!! Thanks for all of the great ideas and recipes.

ckoncurat said:
Almond toffe squares:
12 whole graham crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
Assorted nuts and/or chocolate chips as desired

Preheat oven to 400
Line a cookie sheet with foil and lay out graham crackers on top
Stir together butter and brown sugar on the stovetop until boiling. Boil 1 minute.
Pour butter mixture over graham crackers. Put in the oven
Bake 3-6 minutes until bubbly.
Remove from oven. Cool slightly. Spinke on toppings as desired (I used crushed pecans, semi-sweet chocolate chips and heath brickle bits.
Cool completely. Breal each cracker into 4 sections.
Makes 48 squares.(rectangles)

This is horribly addictive. I made these saturday night to package for gifts and my family ate a whole pan already. Don't say I didn't warn you!

I just made these and they are amazing!!!!!! After I removed them from the oven I sprinkled with some chocolate chips and chopped almonds. I need to go buy more graham crackers to make another batch. I don't think this batch will make it to the cookie platters I am planning to give away. "horribly addictive" is an understatement! ;)

Amy

I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I thought I'd add my own easy dessert. Every Christmas, I get 2 or 3 bags of the Old Fashioned Creme Drops. They're the chocolate drops with the white center. I pour them in a bowl and melt them in the microwave. I add a huge serving spoon of peanut butter to the mix, and pour it in a pan lined with wax paper. I usually do 2 pkgs. for an 8X8 pan. Let it cool, Voila! Fudge! You could also add nuts if you wanted, but it sets up very quickly, so you may have to keep microwaving it when you add things.

threeboysmom said:

We usually just use a fork and flip the cracker around in the chocolate and take out, set on wax paper when they are done.

Now for my dumb question, I wanted to make the Thin Mints ones, but for the life of me can't find actual Peppermint Oil that isn't the extract. Where would I find this?

Just had to write to all of you and say THANKS!! I had to make gifts for 150 people this weekend and am nearly finished, and the treats turned out sooo well! 2 days of this is nearly killing me but I would have given up long ago if this site hadn't simplified the work a little.

YAHOO! :cheer2:

Y'all are awesome!!

Here's a great treat that is fun to make with kids:
78718reindeer_cookies-med.JPG

Rudolph Cookies

4 (1 ounce) chocolate candy coating squares
96 pretzel sticks
1 (16 ounce) package Nutter Butter cookies
64 M&M's in green, blue, or brown chocolate pieces
32 red M&M's or Red Hots

Microwave chocolate candy coating in a small shallow glass dish at HIGH 3 minutes, stirring once.
Place 2 pretzel sticks in peanut butter filling of each sandwich cookie, forming large antlers. Break remaining pretzel sticks in half, and place 1 half pretzel stick next to each long pretzel stick, forming smaller antlers.
Dip 1 side of green, blue or brown M&M's in melted candy coating, and place on cookies for the eyes. Dip 1 side of of red M&M's in candy coating, and place on cookies for the noses.

**My pretzel sticks were too large to just stick in the peanut butter filling so I gently separated the cookies, dabbed chocolate inside, put the pretzels in the chocolate and put the cookies back together. I also dabbed a little chocolate over the rest of the inside of the cookie to help hold it together.

I also found a microwaveable pouch from Betty Crocker in the baking section at Walmart that I used for the chocolate. It has a tip on the end so it's easy to dab the chocolate right where you need it.

Here's a picture of the pretzel wreaths we made that were posted earlier in this thread:
78718holiday_pretzel_treats-med.JPG

My DS (almost 5) and I had a blast making these!

corie161 said:
Now for my dumb question, I wanted to make the Thin Mints ones, but for the life of me can't find actual Peppermint Oil that isn't the extract. Where would I find this?

I couldn't find it either so I just used peppermint extract (about 1/4 tsp.) and it worked fine. They really do taste like Girl Scout cookies. I used the snowflake shaped Ritz crackers, they turned out really cute.

Amy

Pineapple Cheese Ball

2 8 oz. packages Philidelphia Cream Cheese
1 lg. can crushed pineapple (drained)
2 8 oz. boxes vanilla instant pudding
1 pkg. walnut or pecan pieces crushed

Mix cream cheese and pineapple with vanilla pudding.
Form a ball and roll in nuts.

Serve with graham crackers. Also good with Ritz crackers

Sandy

looo33 said:
Here's some super easy appetizer/snacky things.......

Chili and Cheese dip
Spread 1 8oz package of cream cheese in the bottom of a 8x8 cake pan.
Spread 1 can of Hormel chili on the top
Sprinkle shredded chedder chhes over that and bake at 350 until bubbly and cheese is melted...I think about 15 minutes.
Dip tortilla chips into this and enjoy.

LOVE THIS! This is my favorite appetizer at family events. My boyfriend also makes this for his work events, and it's usually gone in minutes. Definitely make it using these directions, however...and not the way they show it on the philly cream cheese commercials (leaving the cream cheese in a brick then just dumping the chili on top...um, NO!)

QUOTE=LightBurnsBlue]
looo33 said:
Here's some super easy appetizer/snacky things.......

Chili and Cheese dip
Spread 1 8oz package of cream cheese in the bottom of a 8x8 cake pan.
Spread 1 can of Hormel chili on the top
Sprinkle shredded chedder chhes over that and bake at 350 until bubbly and cheese is melted...I think about 15 minutes.
Dip tortilla chips into this and enjoy.

LOVE THIS! This is my favorite appetizer at family events. My boyfriend also makes this for his work events, and it's usually gone in minutes. Definitely make it using these directions, however...and not the way they show it on the philly cream cheese commercials (leaving the cream cheese in a brick then just dumping the chili on top...um, NO!)

Can this be made in the microwave?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter