Quick & Easy Christmas treats - *UPDATED* - compiled recipes - Page 53

I have'nt seen this one yet and it's really easy...... :earsboy:

7 Layer Cookie (actually 6 layer in my house b/c we don't like nuts) :blush:

layer the following in a baking dish (9x14):

-one stick of melted butter (I usually just put the butter in the baking dish in the oven til melted)

-graham cracker crumbs to cover bottom of dish (enough to absorb the melted butter)

-one bag of chocolate chips

-one bag of butterscotch chips

-nuts (optional)

-one small bag of coconut

-one can of condensed milk (drizzle over coconut, try to cover all)

Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until coconut is toasty brown.
Let cool completely before cutting, you can refrigerate to speed up the process.

These are my favorite!

Here is a favorite

Toffee
1 cup pecans, chopped
3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 package of chocolate chips

Butter a square pan (9x9) Spread pecans in bottom of pan. Heat butter and sugar to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, 7 minutes. Immediately spread mixture evenly over nuts in pan.

Sprinkle chocolate chips over hot mixture. Place baking sheet over the pan so contained heat will melt chocolate. Spread melted chocolate over candy. While hot cut into pieces. Chill until firm.

IMALOVNDISNEY said:
These are my families favorites and have become my signiture at parties. ....I just made15 dz. last night for a Christmas Shop at DD's school..
To make it even easier, I bake the PB Cup with the cookie. They taste exactly the same...Also, another hint. If you don't have a cookie press to make the indentation, the cap from a water bottle works great, just the right size. And to avoid the cookie dough sticking to whatever your pressing with dip it in flour after every couple of uses.
Thank you to everyone for all these great ideas. My Girl Scout troop is going to have a field day next week making treats for their families.
I just made three dozen of these and over half stuck to the pan and I got only the top part of the cookie out! What did I do worng? :confused3

zippeedee said:
Did you mix them together? I've made something like this that has a peanut butter layer and a chocolate layer. I never thought of mixing them together. I'll have to try it.

Yes, I just threw all the chips in together.

I'm too lazy to go through 10 pages to see if anything similar to this has been posted!!

I make these for the teachers at my kids' schools and they absolute love them!! Beware: They have rum in them.

Almond Chocolate Truffles

½ lb. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (I use a 10 oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate)
¼ lb ground toasted almonds (just put almonds in toaster oven at 350 for a few minutes until they start to smell real good!)
¼ lb (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
¼ cup coffee or rum
Cocoa powder, powdered sugar or chocolate sprinkles for garnish

Melt chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water (I just fill up a pot with water and then put a smaller one in that one since I don't have a double boiler). Stir in ground almonds. Add butter pieces one at a time, stirring well. When completely mixed, remove from heat and stir in coffee or rum.

Place in refrigerator and chill until firm, about 1 hour.

When chocolate is firm enough to handle, shape into balls and roll in cocoa, powdered sugar or sprinkles. Place in a cookie tin and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.

Makes about 25 truffles.

I can't believe no one has posted this yet and it is soooo easy.

One bag microwave popcorn
1/2 of pkg almond bark

Cook popcorn and make sure you remove all the uncooked kernels. Melt white almond bark in large bowl (I do this in 45 second intervals so as to not scorch)

Dump bag of popcorn into bowl of melted almond bark and stir until the popcorn is covered. Pour over wax paper to harden and then break apart and put into clear gift bags with beautiful ribbon and your teachers will think you've gone gourmet on them!!! :teeth:

Seriously I hate giving this recipe out to people who I have given the popcorn to because I feel like I've cheated or something! It is sooo incredibly yummy and as far as almond bark is concerned it's much cheaper and the taste is wonderful. I keep these items on hand ALL the time so I can whip up a quick batch for church, school, kids, etc. You can sprinkle with colored christmas sprinkles and make it really festive!

mslil65 said:
1-14 oz. box Big Cheez-It Crackers (have to use the BIG ones)

Creamy peanut butter (any brand…I ended up using a no sugar added Peter Pan and it worked just fine)

1-24 oz. package chocolate bark (I think Wilton’s chocolate discs might work too)

Spread a cracker with creamy peanut butter and place another cracker on top to make a sandwich. Melt the chocolate bark in the microwave for 90 seconds. Stir. If the bark hasn't all melted, return to the microwave for 20 seconds. Dip "sandwiches" into the melted bark and coat thoroughly. Allow to set/harden on waxed paper. Voila...they taste like Butterfingers! This makes about 5 dozen.

Instead of spreading the peanut butter on the crackers, I had some Cheese & Peanut Butter Crackers already made. They come six to a package. They worked great and cut out a lot of work. I also had some peanut butter and round crackers and dipped those as well. One 24 oz almond bark did 12 packages (6 dozen). This saved A LOT of time, and by boys loved putting the crackers in the chocolate for me to dip. :banana: :banana: :banana:

My quick and easy treats? I stop in at the bakery and get a tray. Last year I stopped over at C.Ann's and picked up cookies. Now THAT'S easy.

MayMom said:
World's Easiest Peanut Butter Fudge....(and tastes great too!)

1 regular size container white cake frosting
1 regular size jar of peanut butter

Spoon contents of each container into a microwave safe large bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until the mixture can be thoroughly mixed (it takes 2 - 30 second increments in my microwave) After mixing completely pour into a Pam sprayed glass 9X9-inch pan. Will harden completely in the refrigerator.

This is VERY good, and I was skeptical.....

I made this last night and it turned out fantastic! I can't wait to start experimenting with mixing peanut butter with chocolate icing, adding walnuts and other goodies to the mix. You little hint has just helped me shave tons of time off of my holiday goodie makin' efforts. Thanks! :hug:

Is almond bark something you can get in a grocery store? If so, where is it located? With the chocolate chips?

does any opne have a good gingerbread recipe and a sugar cookie recipe also in need of easy way to decorate them.

bear74 said:
does any opne have a good gingerbread recipe and a sugar cookie recipe also in need of easy way to decorate them.

I love these cookies. They are soft and yummy and stay fresh for days. I'll be making some next week. I also have easy shortbread cookie recipe if anyone is interested... I'd like a delicious homemade sugar cookie (for cutting shapes) if anyone has one!

Soft Ginger Cookies

Ingredients:

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp ground ginger
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup butter, softened (or margarine)
1 cup white granulated sugar
1 egg
1 Tbsp water
1/4 cup molasses
2 Tbsp white granulated sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg then stir in the water and molasses. Gradually, stir in the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture. Refrigerate for 1/2 an hour.

Use cookie scoop or hands to shape dough into walnut-size balls, and roll themin a bowl of white grandulated sugar (the 2 Tbsps). Place the cookies 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly.

Bake for 8 - 10 minutes one batch at a time. Sprinkle more sugar on top. Let cool. Store in airtight container.

Shagley said:
I love all these ideas and I can't wait to try them. I also thought of another idea that we made a few years ago.

Spread peanut butter in between two Ritz crackers, and then dipped them in melted chocolate almond bark. My sister loves those!

I think I am going to have to make an assortment of these ideas to give out to neighbors and co-workers.

We do this too. They are yummy!

disynut said:
Just had this last night(and for breakfast this morning :earboy2: ) it is super yummy!

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

1 (8oz) cream cheese
1/2 c real butter
1/4 t vanilla
3/4 c powdered sugar
2 T brown sugar
3/4 c mini choc chips
3/4 c finely chopped pecans

Mix first 6 ingredients and form ball. Roll in pecans. Chill--serve with chocolate graham crackers--the "stick" kind work good.

this is a big hit every time I fix it! I've served it with mini choc chip cookies, brownies, and oreos as well as graham crackers :)

txgirl said:
I can't believe no one has posted this yet and it is soooo easy.

One bag microwave popcorn
1/2 of pkg almond bark

Cook popcorn and make sure you remove all the uncooked kernels. Melt white almond bark in large bowl (I do this in 45 second intervals so as to not scorch)

Dump bag of popcorn into bowl of melted almond bark and stir until the popcorn is covered. Pour over wax paper to harden and then break apart and put into clear gift bags with beautiful ribbon and your teachers will think you've gone gourmet on them!!! :teeth:

Seriously I hate giving this recipe out to people who I have given the popcorn to because I feel like I've cheated or something! It is sooo incredibly yummy and as far as almond bark is concerned it's much cheaper and the taste is wonderful. I keep these items on hand ALL the time so I can whip up a quick batch for church, school, kids, etc. You can sprinkle with colored christmas sprinkles and make it really festive!

I wonder what would happen if you add creamy peanut butter to the bark? Maybe use the plain white chocolate bark & PB mixed together? hmm....

Someone requested a sugar cookie recipe.

Here's my favorite sugar cookie recipe from Wilton (and it doesn't require refrigeration before rolling) :

Roll-Out Cookies

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsps baking powder
3 cups flour

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla. Mix baking powder and flour, add one cup at a time mixing after each addition. The dough will be very stiff, blend last flour in by hand (if dough becomes too stiff, add water, a teaspoon at a time). Do not chill dough. Divide dough into 2 balls. On a floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approx 12 inches in diameter and 1/8 in thick. Dip cutters in flour before each use. Bake cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet on top rack of over for 6 to 7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Hint: I roll cookies between 2 sheets of wax paper, no need to add a lot of additional flour when rolling. Makes 20-24 average size cookies.

thanks for the recpies. does anyone have an easy icing for the sugar recipies. I read somewhere about an egg yolk paint, any body now anything about it.

madge said:
I wonder what would happen if you add creamy peanut butter to the bark? Maybe use the plain white chocolate bark & PB mixed together? hmm....

How about drizzling melted peanut butter chips over the white bark once they have cooled? Or melted chocolate? I think I need to make some popcorn now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter