Private Messages re: Podcast Awards

There had to be two different PMs. Where was the begging for votes? Why didn't my PM have it??? I saw the one I got as way to tell people that there is a podcast and it's good one and they might want to give it a listen. It also told you how to listen to it if you didn't know how. No where did it say 'vote for us!'. They are (rightly) proud of having been nominated and mentioned it. That's it.

Then of course there is the fact that this is Pete's web site and his podcast and if you don't like getting a PM from the owner of the site about a fairly new feature of it then maybe you should opt out of getting PMs.

I think there was just one PM sent. How people are interpreting it is the difference.

I would agree with this.

It is nice to see that someone agree with me that you are all mean.
(See how easy it is to pull something out of contex)

Email you do not want is SPAM SPAM SPAM

and asking the thousands of people on this board to "check out our podcast" is not wrong but they had already done that. this was "trolling for votes"

Now you can go back to "sunshine and lollypops and rainbows" the mean, mean man who disagreed with you has to go to work.

sunshine and lollypops and rainbows, sunshine and lollypops and rainbows sunshine and lollypops and rainbows

Beach Bears please dont use my post to prove a point as I wasnt agreeing with you at all. The ops post was uncalled for her. People dont agree with her and are voicing that. IF dont like it thats to bad. People should think about what they write before they hit post.

Beach Bears please dont use my post to prove a point as I wasnt agreeing with you at all. The ops post was uncalled for her. People dont agree with her and are voicing that. IF dont like it thats to bad. People should think about what they write before they hit post.

Beach Bears has a vested interest here. Take a look at where he's from. Same place as the OP and he has very few posts.

This girl with the "stick up her butt" is done. I still think what was done was wrong, and you can agree or disagree if you like. But personal attacks on me are MEAN, RUDE and COMPLETELY UNCALLED FOR.

I am a podcaster, but I did not go trolling for people to nominate our podcast. We did not spam our listeners to get them to nominate us. We mentioned it on our pocast and on the site. And no its not "sour grapes" that we did not get nominated, we have only been doing it since October.

I am sorry that people here feel that I need to "get a life". I have one, and it involves WAY more than hanging out here. I responded to an email that I received that I felt was in poor taste. Some may agree, others not.

I did not receive the email at work, but someone else had posted that they had (I don't even have email at work). But you all just jumped all over me. Hope you all feel better. I expressed an opinion. Like it or not, thats what message boards are about.

How about this, will this make it clear- The people on this part of The Dis Board are MEAN.
Period end of the story.

I'm not trying to be mean, but if your wife seriously has an issue with this..why bring it to this forum? You know how protective we are of the podcast. Why not just go straight to the top? When you post something that others are going to take issue with in this forum, you'd better make sure you can take the backlash..that's all I'm saying...

Just as you take issue with the fact that a PM was sent, I think this thread is in bad taste. In my opionion, it's not an issue for the podcast listeners to be concerned with, (although now you've certainly made it our issue too, because we do care about the podcast) it's an issue you have with the people running this site.

I don't consider this mean..just saying how it is..whether you agree or not..

What I do not understand is why come here to the forum and blast away about the pm knowing darned well the Pod Squad would come back and disagree with you? Why not pm the administrator and voice your anger there?

Where is the troll spray:sad2:

Email you do not want is SPAM SPAM SPAM

To be fair when you register for the boards you edit whether you want to receive the emails, you control it not the boards. So its not spam.

Secondly, have you and your wife also posted on the other podcast boards who have been soliciting votes for the awards? I am registered for a few other nominated boards/podcasts and have received an email from almost all of them.

Lastly, the fact that in the OP she seems to be complaining more about the Dis "not deserving it" than anything else, which hurts the credibility of your argument.

To be fair when you register for the boards you edit whether you want to receive the emails, you control it not the boards. So its not spam./QUOTE]

Agreed. Spam is unsolicited email. If you signed up for email on the boards, then it is not unsolicited.

I am not a listener of your show, and I do not appreciate getting a private message encouraging me to vote for you. I feel you have crossed a line, and I seriously hope that you do not win the award. There are other more deserving shows out there.

That right there hurts your whole argument. You don't listen to it, then claim there are "other more deserving shows" based on zero knowledge.

I see you've changed your signature as well...the podcast link is gone. It really seems that your intent was to drive traffic to your own podcast and forums, but I'm betting its had the opposite effect.

As for the personal attacks, those are not allowed here and they will be dealt with by the moderators.

I have to say that I am greatly disappointed by these message boards. The fact that PM's were sent to EVERYONE (including some to their work) is distasteful. If you are trolling for votes, then that is wrong.

I am not a listener of your show, and I do not appreciate getting a private message encouraging me to vote for you. I feel you have crossed a line, and I seriously hope that you do not win the award. There are other more deserving shows out there.
I'm not into personal attacks so I won't go there...but I wanted to ask a question. You mention here that you aren't a listener but then say there are more deserving shows. Have you listened yet? I listen to many Disney podcasts that are great in their own rights but admit that the Dis is the one I look forward to the most. If you haven't checked it out yet, give them a try. I think you'll be back here in no time just like the rest of us defending Pete and his Orlando Team. :thumbsup2

I respectfully ask the moderators to remove this thread.

Thank you.

To be fair when you register for the boards you edit whether you want to receive the emails, you control it not the boards. So its not spam./QUOTE]

Agreed. Spam is unsolicited email. If you signed up for email on the boards, then it is not unsolicited.

Exactly!! Its not spam. You signed up for the boards. You have the option to receive an email when you have a PM. If you don't like it change it. If you don't like getting PM's change that too.

Got anymore arguements we can shoot full of holes??

Geez, I'd hate to jump on the bandwagon, but what in the world are you talking about VernRDH????:confused3

It was an informational email sent to those who have taken the time to register on the DIS. An easy assumption with those that register here is that they would like to learn more about all things Disney, which the Podcast offers. I would venture to guess that Webmaster Pete is taking the time to ensure that registered users are aware of what the Dis/wdwinfo offers...that is kinda part of his job, isn't it? I did not read into the PM as trolling for votes.....not one vote was asked for in the PM! I really don't see how it could be read into as being vote trolling or "crossing a line" by any stretch of the imagination. Simple solution....delete it and ignore it if you don't want it.

I think the horse is officially beaten....but your post just doesn't make sense:confused:

Geez, I'd hate to jump on the bandwagon, but what in the world are you talking about VernRDH????:confused3

It was an informational email sent to those who have taken the time to register on the DIS. An easy assumption with those that register here is that they would like to learn more about all things Disney, which the Podcast offers. I would venture to guess that Webmaster Pete is taking the time to ensure that registered users are aware of what the Dis/wdwinfo offers...that is kinda part of his job, isn't it? I did not read into the PM as trolling for votes.....not one vote was asked for in the PM! I really don't see how it could be read into as being vote trolling or "crossing a line" by any stretch of the imagination. Simple solution....delete it and ignore it if you don't want it.

I think the horse is officially beaten....but your post just doesn't make sense:confused:

Well, since you said it....

Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

I will say that I got the PM too and was not offended, but a little annoyed. I just don't get very many PM's so seeing one from the DIS team made me immediately think - OMG what did I say and am I getting points? Then I read the message and felt better.

I already listen to the podcast so I just glanced at it. I didn't care personally for the PM, but why get offended and angry about it. Like anything else on this board - if you don't like it - don't read it. Just delete and continue on with your life! These boards to belong to Pete so he has the right to send us PM about anything anytime he wants.

BTW - great podcast guys! The cheeter comments had me rolling on my drive into work today - especially the resort mugs comments.

Wow...I guess I'm a mean one too...

I never interpreted the PM as trolling for votes. i read it as a hey...just to let you know...this podcast is available and to check it out! I was already a listener so I read it and was done with it.

And just an FYI...if i'm not mistaken, it was not the podcast team who nominated themselves for these awards...the Pod Squad did it! If you'd listen to the podcasts, you would know that. :)

So keep drinking the kool aid, when I told my wife that I felt like “Trolling” for votes was in poor taste and she checked her email and got the PM, she than felt like posting a message that she felt it was in bad taste. I knew that was a bad idea.

You both asked for and invited this discussion. If you really had a problem, you could have PM'd or privately emailed the moderators or webmaster(s) quietly voicing your complaints and concerns. Instead you chose to publicly voice your opinion. This is what happens when YOU open the door. You already know how to close it yourself. Walk away, stop reading the thread and let it go. You are already exercising your choice not to listen to the podcast, why would you be interested in talking to those who enjoy it? Would you go to a baseball game or a football game only to tell the fans there what is wrong with the game, their favourite team or the players if you had never seen it before? Not likely.

I just clicked on this because the topic was on the main page of the forums.. and I will admit I thought the PM was pretty tacky. I like that these forums don't send spam and that's exactly what this PM was in my opinion. DIS shouldn't allow anybody but the main admins to send emails to EVERYONE... it IS spammy.... I was put off by it too.

I chose to NOT receive promotional emails. But I got this in my PM box. Unsolicited. I signed up for dis to learn more about disney.. to plan a vacation.. and to share tips on the budget board.. not to learn more about a podcast.

I just clicked on this because the topic was on the main page of the forums.. and I will admit I thought the PM was pretty tacky. I like that these forums don't send spam and that's exactly what this PM was in my opinion. DIS shouldn't allow anybody but the main admins to send emails to EVERYONE... it IS spammy.... I was put off by it too.

I chose to NOT receive promotional emails. But I got this in my PM box. Unsolicited. I signed up for dis to learn more about disney.. to plan a vacation.. and to share tips on the budget board.. not to learn more about a podcast.

Unless I am mistaken, the podcast is about Disney stuff. I enjoyed the most recent one and plan on listening to more. If the owners of this site want to send PMs announcing their nomination for an award, that's their right IMO. I don't consider that spam.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter