Private Messages re: Podcast Awards

I have no problem with a PM. I read it or don't.

I have no problem with advertising within this community by PM.
They were advertising the podcast to members of the community.

As far as asking for votes, I have no problem with that. What do you think the awards are about? It is all about advertising... making people aware of the podcasts and being able to get more money from their advertisers. These podcasts cost money to produce and distribute.

Do you think these podcasts are free gifts from the heavens?

I found this podcast through these boards and it was the first podcast I ever listened too. I have since listened to others, but really I don't think any compare. They are too slick and overproduced. I love this podcast... it is like sitting one table over from these guys in a restaurant. They so love each other and have a genuine good time together.

So check it out, vote if you want, or delete it and stop fussing.

I just have to put in a little back up for Lou Mongello and WDW Radio. Lou never even mentioned the podcast awards during the nomination process. He even mentioned on his board that he didn't want to be showy and beg to be nominated, but his fans nominated him anyway because he has an excellent show. Now that he is nominated, you can't really blame him for asking for votes. He was sort of darned if he did and darned if he didn't. I don't think Lou Mongello has a blatant or haughty bone in his body. He is very appreciative to be nominated and notes that he finds himself among a very impressive group of shows. He is a genuinely wonderful person.

Oh Lou... :rotfl:

I like both podcasts and it's really a privilege for me to be able to listen to them both.

Edited to Add: I find it amusing how Pete was just talking about how he has very few problems with the Teen Board and the kids there, but it's the adults that act more like children and can't get along.

I posted the email mail about Lou asking for votes. I love Lou (oh Lou) :laughing: and didn't mind at all getting an email from him. I thought it was kinda cool actually.:goodvibes If the DIS wasn't nominated, he'd totally get my vote! I didn't think he was haughty or showy or rude. and I'd fully expect to get emails, pm's etc asking for votes! I definitely don't blame him for asking for votes. I actually thought it was a great idea, when I got the email from Lou, I immediately thought "I better go post on the podcast forum and tell the roundtable to do the same" :idea:

All those guys ( DIS, WDWToday, WDWRadio) do a fantastic job and I too feel lucky to have them. I was just posting an example for the OP.

Disneybridein2k3 said:
You know what I love about this thread??? It reminds me every day to vote for this Dis!
Me too!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

I did not appeaciate getting a PM to vote for the podcast. Mention it on your podcast and ask for votes there, don't send bulk PMs to everyone on Disboards.

They didn't send a PM to everyone of Disboards. I didn't one. Not that it would have bothered me if I did.

Here is a copy of the PM for those that didn't receive it -- nowhere does it actually ask for a vote...it merely says they were nominated and gives information on when to listen and what the content is. I don't find it offensive in any way.

Check out The DIS Unplugged!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We’re pleased to announce that our sites official podcast - The DIS Unplugged - was recently nominated in the Best Travel Podcast category for the 2007 Podcast Awards (www.podcastawards.com).

If you're not familiar with our show, the DIS Unplugged is a weekly audio show that features the DIS Orlando team discussing a variety of topics related to vacation planning at Walt Disney World, Disneyland and the Disney Cruise Line. ( The Orlando DIS team includes Pete Werner, Bob Varley, Corey Martin, Julie Martin, Kevin Klose and John Magi from Dreams Unlimited Travel). We discuss a wide variety of topics related to planning a Disney vacation - from reviews and commentary to the latest Disney news, brought to you by the team that brings you wdwinfo.com, DISBoards.com and DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

You can hear our show each Tuesday by visiting http://podcast.wdwinfo.com You can also download our show to your IPod (via ITunes) or any other MP3 player. Also, be sure to check out our DIS Unplugged discussion forum http://(http://www.disboards.com/for...lay.php?f=158)

Sorry cocowum -- just went back and saw that you already posted this on page 1. I guess this will be for our friends that read from the back to the front!

I just wanted to say i got the PM..and voted immediately!! I was excited when i saw i had a PM..lol Good Luck!!!

How about this, will this make it clear- The people on this part of The Dis Board are MEAN.
Period end of the story.

It is nice to see that someone agree with me that you are all mean.
(See how easy it is to pull something out of contex)

Email you do not want is SPAM SPAM SPAM

and asking the thousands of people on this board to "check out our podcast" is not wrong but they had already done that. this was "trolling for votes"

Now you can go back to "sunshine and lollypops and rainbows" the mean, mean man who disagreed with you has to go to work.

sunshine and lollypops and rainbows, sunshine and lollypops and rainbows sunshine and lollypops and rainbows

:scared1: This is almost like a thread about re-using your refillable mug!

:lmao:

Love the podcast, hoped the PM went to all my friends who do not yet listen, do not consider myself mean, and think it is quite silly to get so worked up over this issue. And what is so bad about sunshine, lollypops, and rainbows?

Why didn't I get the PM? I'm serious, how do I get on the DisUnplugged PM list? :confused3 I'm feeling left out.

I don't really understand the problem here. I pick up my PMs when I sign on to the website. I didn't know there was another way of doing it.

Why didn't I get the PM? I'm serious, how do I get on the DisUnplugged PM list? :confused3 I'm feeling left out.

I don't really understand the problem here. I pick up my PMs when I sign on to the website. I didn't know there was another way of doing it.
Go to post #28 and do the exact opposite...

I'm looking forward to what Pete has to say about all of this. He's probably thinking what does he have to do! First the immigrant "hate speech" and now this. It just further proves the saying, "You can't please everybody".

I guarantee that the purpose of the PM was to inform the thousands and thousands of disboards members of the podcast in case they have somehow not stumbled upon it yet. Heck, I was a member of the boards for many months before I even discovered the podcast, so this would have helped me back then.

The fact that they say they were nominated for best travel podcast is just to let you know that, 'hey, people who listen to this podcast think we are pretty darn good, so maybe you should check it out".

If they gain just one listener because of the PM, then they have succeeded.

Here's what I did: I opened it, I read it, I deleted it, I forgot about it. It's basically a commercial people!

I didn't know how much it would affect at least one person. It amazes me how sensitive some people can be. Wow.

This girl with the "stick up her butt" is done. I still think what was done was wrong, and you can agree or disagree if you like. But personal attacks on me are MEAN, RUDE and COMPLETELY UNCALLED FOR.

I am a podcaster, but I did not go trolling for people to nominate our podcast. We did not spam our listeners to get them to nominate us. We mentioned it on our pocast and on the site. And no its not "sour grapes" that we did not get nominated, we have only been doing it since October.

I am sorry that people here feel that I need to "get a life". I have one, and it involves WAY more than hanging out here. I responded to an email that I received that I felt was in poor taste. Some may agree, others not.

I did not receive the email at work, but someone else had posted that they had (I don't even have email at work). But you all just jumped all over me. Hope you all feel better. I expressed an opinion. Like it or not, thats what message boards are about.

I just want to make one thing clear... I was the one that posted that I recieved an e-mail at work. I posted that because I was confused!!! I COMPLETELY forgot that I had registered a second Username 2 years ago. COMPLETELY FORGOT!! So I thought somehow The Dis got my work e-mail because maybe our security settings are not correct. I've been getting TONS of spam... so obviously that wasn't the case. I don't care that I got an e-mail about podcast awards. That wasn't what was driving me totally crazy. I just thought that somehow my work computer was being hacked!!:rolleyes1 Obviously that wasn't the case because I'm a dope who forgot I had to usernames. Webmaster Kathy actually had to research this and tell me that I had 2 usernames!
(Thanks Kathy!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter