Private Messages re: Podcast Awards

VernRDH

Sharing the same birthday with my baby girl and Mi
I have to say that I am greatly disappointed by these message boards. The fact that PM's were sent to EVERYONE (including some to their work) is distasteful. If you are trolling for votes, then that is wrong.

I am not a listener of your show, and I do not appreciate getting a private message encouraging me to vote for you. I feel you have crossed a line, and I seriously hope that you do not win the award. There are other more deserving shows out there.

If we can't support each other than were just missing the magic :wizard: !! Great job on getting nominated, I only wish I could figure out how to listen :surfweb:

I have to say that I am greatly disappointed by these message boards. The fact that PM's were sent to EVERYONE (including some to their work) is distasteful. If you are trolling for votes, then that is wrong.

I am not a listener of your show, and I do not appreciate getting a private message encouraging me to vote for you. I feel you have crossed a line, and I seriously hope that you do not win the award. There are other more deserving shows out there.

Sorry, did you get a different pm than everyone else? Here's mine and no where do they ask for votes!!!
Check out The DIS Unplugged!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We’re pleased to announce that our sites official podcast - The DIS Unplugged - was recently nominated in the Best Travel Podcast category for the 2007 Podcast Awards (www.podcastawards.com).

If you're not familiar with our show, the DIS Unplugged is a weekly audio show that features the DIS Orlando team discussing a variety of topics related to vacation planning at Walt Disney World, Disneyland and the Disney Cruise Line. ( The Orlando DIS team includes Pete Werner, Bob Varley, Corey Martin, Julie Martin, Kevin Klose and John Magi from Dreams Unlimited Travel). We discuss a wide variety of topics related to planning a Disney vacation - from reviews and commentary to the latest Disney news, brought to you by the team that brings you wdwinfo.com, DISBoards.com and DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

You can hear our show each Tuesday by visiting http://podcast.wdwinfo.com You can also download our show to your IPod (via ITunes) or any other MP3 player. Also, be sure to check out our DIS Unplugged discussion forum http://(http://www.disboards.com/for...lay.php?f=158)

you are way to uptight!!!

BTW if you want to know what it looks like to get a PM asking for votes here's one I got at work from Lou Mongello.
Hi cocowum,

This is just a friendly reminder that there are just a few days left, and voting for the 2007 Podcast Awards will conclude this Sunday, August 11 at 11:59 p.m.

As you may know, my show, the WDW Radio Show (http://www.wdwradio.com) has been nominated for the Best Travel Podcast at http://www.PodcastAwards.com.

I sincerely appreciate all of your support, and if you like the show, you can vote once every 24 hours until the voting period is over.

All you need to do is head on over to http://www.PodcastAwards.com, look for the Travel category (bottom right) and vote for WDW Radio.

Important: You will receive an email that needs to be verified, so please be sure to validate your votes. Remember you can vote every day, but only once per day.

You can also support other friends of the show while you’re there, including Inside the Magic in the Best Produced, Your Neighborhood Stage in the Arts/Culture category and the comedy4cast in comedy.

Thank you again for any help you can provide! As always, I sincerely appreciate all of your support!

Lou Mongello (AKQJ10)
I love Lou's podcast, but the Dis Unplugged gets my daily vote.

Even though I didn't vote for Lou I didn't get my panties in a bunch about it! Come on!!!:sad2:

I'm sorry that you feel this was distasteful....but the question begs to be asked......if you dont listen, how do you know other shows are more deserving?

Hey isyt.....at the top of this page, there is an orange button that says Listen Now....turn your computer speakers on and click that orange button, you will be able to hear this weeks show.

Kevin

Sorry, did you get a different pm than everyone else? Here's mine and no where do they ask for votes!!!

Take the stick out of your BUTT you are way to uptight!!!

BTW if you want to know what it looks like to get a PM asking for votes here's one I got at work from Lou Mongello.
I love Lou's podcast, but the Dis Unplugged gets my daily vote.

Even though I didn't vote for Lou I didn't get my panties in a bunch about it! Come on!!!:sad2:

Were you reading my mind when you wrote this???????? Perfectly said. All I can add is.....ditto!

The fact that PM's were sent to EVERYONE (including some to their work) is distasteful.

So I assume you gave your work email address when you signed up for the DIS account? Or maybe you have the DIS on while at work? I never give out my work email unless it is for business. Maybe that would help you in the future.

I have to add this thought as well. With all the bizarre, inappropriate spam that comes to my email at work, I think a PM about the DIS would be the least of my concerns.

I really don't think this was a vote for us kind of message, more of an informative message notifying everyone of the podcast. In fact on several episodes the crew has said they are not soliciting votes, just letting everyone know to vote if they enjoy the show.

Personally I can not wait for each weeks episode, its great to listen to on the ride to work. I am pleased to vote each day, not out of obligation but recognition for a great show.

Now I understand...:scratchin :scratchin :scratchin

I went to her blog and she's got her own podcast...can anyone say sour grapes.:sad2:

I gotta tell ya ;) it really burns me up when people come over here trying to stir up trouble! I love the podcasts and I think the Team does an awesome job. :thumbsup2

Oh and by the way it's Pete's site, if he wants to send you a pm he's well within his rights to do so!

I didn't get PM! I feel left out!

Seriously, WAYYY overblown. If you chose to give your work e-mail address, and chose to receive notifications of PMs at that address, well, that's your problem. The person sending the PM isn't responsible.

However, it seems kind of foolish to broadcast thousands of PMs instead of posting a simple message on the boards that everyone can read. It certainly takes more resources, and the disboards can be slow as it is...

I DID get the message from Lou. I sent him some information ONCE regarding something on his podcast (providing some extra info that wasn't given). I never received a response, it was never mentioned in the podcast - but he sent me that message weeks later.

I didn't get all huffed about it.

3 words, GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?? You have no problem with all of the advertisements on the boards from trusted business partners but have a problem with a PM? The way I see it, we're on the DIS's "space" and are, therefore, likely to get "solicitations" for things like this. It's certainly their perogative.

I certainly don't care! I was uber-disappointed that the PM was about the voting (which I'm doing everyday anyway) and not a notification that they were going to read my e-mail on the next show! I've gotta think of a better question!

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

I got a PM. I wouldn't have cared if they sent an email. You can set up if you want to receive those without too much issue..

What is the big deal?

They were just giving out info on the podcast.

Oh and by the way it's Pete's site, if he wants to send you a pm he's well within his rights to do so!

I think that says it all. If you don't like getting PMs from the OWNERS of this site, then LEAVE!! Otherwise, puckerup: and get over it....

Who wants to take bets that this person won't be back....hey where is Dirty Bunny with the troll spray when we need it....

No offense but aren't you using to the DIS to promote your commercially sponsored website in your signature?

It is Pete's sight he can send me 100 PM's (Please Pete I would feel very cool if you did! LOL) :wizard: :goodvibes

Gee, just like someone to complain about a free website? Pete is very tasteful in his advertising.

John and Corey should set it up so everytime she logs on they give her 100 pop up adds....vote for the Dis!! :confused3 :rotfl2: give her something to complain about.

Or maybe they are from Oklahomarrrrr :rotfl: :rotfl: just mad.

Go Dis I hope you win!! popcorn::

OP, do you realize your signature is in violation of DIS rules?

I got the PM and am OK with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!