Pregnancy Board!!

Hi all. New mom to be here, 1st pregnancy, 15 weeks. Due Feb 19, 2015. We have our next tripped planned for Nov 1-8 (planned before pregnancy). I'll be 24 weeks then. My DH & I have been several times just the two of us. This is an extended family trip. I'm just going to be honest: I'm kind of mad & sad about the number of rides I won't be able to ride! Is this just me being selfish? Or "normal." I'm very grateful for a healthy pregnancy thus far & don't want to come across negative. I guessing just mourning the loss of "the way things have always been" a little. We'll celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary at WDW. "Just the two of us" is all I've ever known. Obviously this change will be great & awesome & totally worth it. Just wondering if anyone else is sad about not being able to ride certain/what seems like the best rides! This is an all adult trip, so I'll be the only one with restrictions

Hi all. New mom to be here, 1st pregnancy, 15 weeks. Due Feb 19, 2015. We have our next tripped planned for Nov 1-8 (planned before pregnancy). I'll be 24 weeks then. My DH & I have been several times just the two of us. This is an extended family trip. I'm just going to be honest: I'm kind of mad & sad about the number of rides I won't be able to ride! Is this just me being selfish? Or "normal." I'm very grateful for a healthy pregnancy thus far & don't want to come across negative. I guessing just mourning the loss of "the way things have always been" a little. We'll celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary at WDW. "Just the two of us" is all I've ever known. Obviously this change will be great & awesome & totally worth it. Just wondering if anyone else is sad about not being able to ride certain/what seems like the best rides! This is an all adult trip, so I'll be the only one with restrictions dde14 Thanks for understanding/trying to make me feel better!
you are not being selfish at all in my opinion!!! I am 24 weeks tomorrow, and we just for back from a weekend at the lake. I was sooo bummed to not be able to tube and such, but it was also nice being on the boat to take pictures, and just having a relaxing weekend. I think you will still find you have a great time, but it will be a totally different trio than ever before. Dh and I did a "relax" trip this year, and both said it was one of our favorites!!!! We took time to look for hidden mickeys, we watched a TON of the streetmosphere a at DHS, wandered EPCOT with no plan except for a fp for soarin and cp package at coral reef. We slept in each day, and stayed as long as we want. We never set and alarm the entire week!! This was one of the greatest highlights:) I wasn't pregnant at this time, but we had been trying for some time and knew/hoped it would be the last trip with just the two of us, so we wanted to enjoy every minute with each other.

you are not being selfish at all in my opinion!!! I am 24 weeks tomorrow, and we just for back from a weekend at the lake. I was sooo bummed to not be able to tube and such, but it was also nice being on the boat to take pictures, and just having a relaxing weekend. I think you will still find you have a great time, but it will be a totally different trio than ever before. Dh and I did a "relax" trip this year, and both said it was one of our favorites!!!! We took time to look for hidden mickeys, we watched a TON of the streetmosphere a at DHS, wandered EPCOT with no plan except for a fp for soarin and cp package at coral reef. We slept in each day, and stayed as long as we want. We never set and alarm the entire week!! This was one of the greatest highlights:) I wasn't pregnant at this time, but we had been trying for some time and knew/hoped it would be the last trip with just the two of us, so we wanted to enjoy every minute with each other.

Thanks for the quick response. Definitely a different pace, but I know I can make it enjoyable as well. Thanks for understanding.

Hi all. New mom to be here, 1st pregnancy, 15 weeks. Due Feb 19, 2015. We have our next tripped planned for Nov 1-8 (planned before pregnancy). I'll be 24 weeks then. My DH & I have been several times just the two of us. This is an extended family trip. I'm just going to be honest: I'm kind of mad & sad about the number of rides I won't be able to ride! Is this just me being selfish? Or "normal." I'm very grateful for a healthy pregnancy thus far & don't want to come across negative. I guessing just mourning the loss of "the way things have always been" a little. We'll celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary at WDW. "Just the two of us" is all I've ever known. Obviously this change will be great & awesome & totally worth it. Just wondering if anyone else is sad about not being able to ride certain/what seems like the best rides! This is an all adult trip, so I'll be the only one with restrictions ��
Thanks for understanding/trying to make me feel better!

I don't think you're being selfish at all. We are a family of four (kids 10 and 7) and go to Disney annually. Our August trip was planned well before we found out that we were unexpectedly expecting! We contemplated canceling, knowing that I would not be able to ride a lot of stuff but decided that it was important to go as this would be our last trip as a family of four.

I determined that it would be ok, because we always go and I could always ride the next trip....well, we just returned last week from our 11 day trip. I was 19 weeks along. I have to say, it was very hard for me on so many levels. My family and I are so used to the way we usually tour that it was difficult for me to wait while they were on the rides having fun. I actually cried while they were on TOT (my favorite), lol!

Plus, being August, and apparently the hottest week in FL in quite some time, I was DYING....and swelled up like a puffer fish some days. I couldn't even enjoy the delicious food because it just too hot to eat! I actually lost 3 lbs while I was there!!

Also, I have never come home sick from Disney even though I know it's a germ party. Well, thanks to my compromised immune system, I have the worst cold right now and am quite miserable upon returning.....yuck, yuck, yuck....

We had fun overall, but I would NEVER go pregnant again (and won't, because I will be getting my tubes tied after this little surprise, lol). I don't mean to be a negative nancy but it just wasn't the same...and I'm one of those that LOVES Disney...I mean just LOVES being there but not being able to ride the super fun rides really bummed me out. Again, that's my experience. Others have said that had just as much fun.

Being pregnant in Disney is not my thing I guess. I am looking forward to our next trip in April, when our already very much loved little guy is in the world with us, and where daddy can watch him while I ride TOT to my hearts content. :lmao:

Just my two cents....

Hello! Took some time off from the boards but now I am back and 35 weeks with our second, due October 8th. We are having a little boy this time, we have an almost 3 year old daughter. Their first trip is planned for December 2015, they will be 15 months and 4 years old and our in laws are coming along to help out. It will be 5 years since we went to WDW by then, our last trip was in October 2010 when we got married, so we will be suffering from some serious withdrawal! :goodvibes

Hello! Took some time off from the boards but now I am back and 35 weeks with our second, due October 8th. We are having a little boy this time, we have an almost 3 year old daughter. Their first trip is planned for December 2015, they will be 15 months and 4 years old and our in laws are coming along to help out. It will be 5 years since we went to WDW by then, our last trip was in October 2010 when we got married, so we will be suffering from some serious withdrawal! :goodvibes

Congratulations on your coming prince!!! We are trying to decide between December and October of next year to take our little princess:) She would be 10 months or 1 year.

Hi everyone!

Our little one is due next February on Valentine's Day. We find out the gender next Wednesday, the 10th.

Due to the holidays in November and December, my girlfriends are holding off till the beginning of January for the shower.

We plan on creating a WDW theme for the nursery and I can't wait to get started on it!!

We will be heading down to the World December 2015 with the baby at 10 months and their older siblings (my step-kids). Can't wait!!!!

Hi all. New mom to be here, 1st pregnancy, 15 weeks. Due Feb 19, 2015. We have our next tripped planned for Nov 1-8 (planned before pregnancy). I'll be 24 weeks then. My DH & I have been several times just the two of us. This is an extended family trip. I'm just going to be honest: I'm kind of mad & sad about the number of rides I won't be able to ride! Is this just me being selfish? Or "normal." I'm very grateful for a healthy pregnancy thus far & don't want to come across negative. I guessing just mourning the loss of "the way things have always been" a little. We'll celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary at WDW. "Just the two of us" is all I've ever known. Obviously this change will be great & awesome & totally worth it. Just wondering if anyone else is sad about not being able to ride certain/what seems like the best rides! This is an all adult trip, so I'll be the only one with restrictions

Just went to the OB today. No sonogram so we are going to have to go to the pay place to get the genders before our trip. Not a big, deal but a bit disappointing to have to wait a whole other week! :sad: (appointments on the 15th)

Anyway 15 weeks today and measure at 19 weeks. Ah the joys of twins. I had my OB write me a "permission slip" so I can get on the plane and DCL without them thinking I am trying to sneak on past their cutoff dates.

How is everyone coming along? I have my gestational diabetics test this morning and get a TDAP

How is everyone coming along? I have my gestational diabetics test this morning and get a TDAP��

Chugging along! :goodvibes

Will be 25 weeks tomorrow. Hips/Pelvis are killing me, but other than that, doing well.

Started Christmas shopping already because we have that along with getting ready for the baby (who's likely to be scheduled for 1/9 scheduled c-section), so keeping busy!

Chugging along! :goodvibes

Will be 25 weeks tomorrow. Hips/Pelvis are killing me, but other than that, doing well.

Started Christmas shopping already because we have that along with getting ready for the baby (who's likely to be scheduled for 1/9 scheduled c-section), so keeping busy!

ETA: Just got my c-section date! 1/12/15 - our little prince will be here!!! :cool1:

How is everyone coming along? I have my gestational diabetics test this morning and get a TDAPdde33

32 weeks tomorrow. Heartburn, leg cramps and general pregnancy issues, but doing great. Baby shower is Sunday and my Mom will be in town for that :)

20 weeks on sat. Still feel on and off pukey and heartburn. We did Disney two weeks ago and had a wonderful week. All the walking was tough but I managed

20 weeks on sat. Still feel on and off pukey and heartburn. We did Disney two weeks ago and had a wonderful week. All the walking was tough but I managed

We did disney around 15 weeks and it was great. glad you had a good time. the gross feeling will go away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter