Pregnancy Board!!

Hey everyone! I was just curious whether,when the time comes, I should tell my husband I am going to take a test and we can find out together, or if I should do it myself and surprise him after if I get a positive result.

How did everyone tell your partner that you were pregnant, or did you take the test and get the results together?

Both times, we'd been trying for a few months, so both times I had him check the tests to be sure I wasn't seeing things.

This time, I planned to test while DH was at work (on his birthday), but I didn't want him to come home to me having another "not this month" bottle of wine. Tested the day before instead, so we found out a day before his birthday, and the due date is a day before Father's Day. I don't think I can top this birthday/Father's Day gift.

Adding in my story.. Decided after 2 years we wanted 1 more kid.. Tried for a few months, got discouraged. Final got the positive test and surprised DH with a onesie I had made with his badge on it (he's a police officer)... Yeah surprise is on us bc we needed two! We're having identical twins, due in June. My first thought after lots of profanity was "can we still go on our disney trip in feb". My doc is amazing and said to go bc we will never go with one kid again. So we're off feb 14 for a day at mk then 4 days on the dream

We're having identical twins, due in June. My first thought after lots of profanity was "can we still go on our disney trip in feb". My doc is amazing and said to go bc we will never go with one kid again. So we're off feb 14 for a day at mk then 4 days on the dream

You'll be fine. My twins will be arriving in 5 weeks and 2 days (of they don't opt to come sooner on their own). We spent 3 days in WDW, followed by 4 days on Dream and then 3 more WDW days in September. It had been planned prior to getting pregnant, but we considered it our babymoon. We had an awesome time. I got special shirts off etsy for pirate night and just a general twin mickey one.

IMG_3942_zps3f07ca45.jpg

Wow! That pregnancy flew by! (maybe not for yourself..;):lmao: ) I bet you guys are getting excited!! Enjoy these last few days as a family of four! :goodvibes

Hahahaha! Nope, didn't fly by for me, but it's almost time!!

Today is my last day of work until early April! And then I go back for 2 weeks and then leave for Disney, LOL!

We are ready! :banana:

Hahahaha! Nope, didn't fly by for me, but it's almost time!!

Today is my last day of work until early April! And then I go back for 2 weeks and then leave for Disney, LOL!

We are ready! :banana:

Best of luck tomorrow!!! :goodvibes I know you guys are stoked to meet the new little man! :love:

My tiny critter finally kicked hard enough to say I felt him/her move. :woohoo: At this phase with DS, I was feeling him at LEAST twice a day. Methinks LO2 will be a little less active than DS (who only stops moving when he's dead asleep - he's sleepily watching Planes right now and is twiddling his thumbs/wiggling his feet.) Hopefully, he/she will even sleep better! (DS didn't sleep more than 2 hours at a time until he was 9 months. It's... not a high bar for LO2.)

I just found out we will be 3 and 1/2 for our upcoming Disney trip at the end of April. I will be 20 weeks by then. Any tips?

I was looking at the ride restrictions, DS is only 38 inches so we were not planning to do most of the ones that I now cannot do anyway.
But The Safari? why? I've ridden it before and was planning to do it again.
I don't see why it is a problem, anyone has done the Safari while pregnant?

I just found out we will be 3 and 1/2 for our upcoming Disney trip at the end of April. I will be 20 weeks by then. Any tips?

I was looking at the ride restrictions, DS is only 38 inches so we were not planning to do most of the ones that I now cannot do anyway.

I did. At 20 weeks. I talked to my doc and got the ok beforehand. I only rode it once though as the bumps did get to me.

I did not. In fact we skipped AK entirely because there wasn't going to be much for me to do and the "zoo" aspect and all that walking without consistent breaks was not appealing. I have been told the restriction is two fold. The first is that it can get very bumpy and you may need to brace yourself and that can be dangerous when pregnant. The second is that the animals are wild and unpredictable and they *can* be dangerous. Most pregnant women do seem to go on it despite the restriction. Use your judgement. To me, the bouncing/jouncing would have been uncomfortable, so I would have skipped it. I rode the Aquaduck multiple times while pregnant with my twins despite the no pregnant woman warning with no issue though.

Remember, that sometimes the restriction is not for normal operation, but for what -could- happen. Bumps and jolts that are not part of normal occurrence, but might in an extreme event are still warned against.

Has anyone done Disney world for a week at 33 weeks pregnant?

We have a trip booked and when we are due to go I'll be 33 weeks pregnant by that time. It's a huge family trip that for some of us will be a once in a life time thing to go together. I'm very healthy and have never had any pregnancy issues with my first child. The walking won't bug me either personally. I'll obviously just know I need some breaks. Anyway just curious from some insight of other mamas who have experienced this. I also don't mind sitting out certain rides. It's all about the kiddos experience not mine I just want to be there to see them enjoy Disney :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter