Pregnancy Board!!

Imagineer5

DIS Veteran
Hi all! :goodvibes Thought it'd be a nice place to meet other pregnant disney fans!

Just a few questions to get us started!

How far along are you? Do you have an idea for when you want to take the LO to Disney for the first time? When's your baby shower?

I'm 19w2d and pregnant with our first - a girl! We are so excited. It took us a while to conceive and finally did after having an HSG (clearing tubes) and on clomid for the 1st month.

Our plan is to take her to Disney next October, when she's about 8 months old - it also coincides with my 30th birthday. :woohoo:

And...baby shower is November 12th! Just gave my friend & mom (who are putting it on) the invite list. Should be fun, though they wouldn't do it the way I wanted (Jack & Jill/ guys & girls). I don't have that many girlfriends really (most women invited are DH's family), but adding in the guys brought the # attending from 30 to 60 and we've had a christmas party with 65 ppl before but never had 60 people all crammed into 1 room - so I think it'd be really tight. But I'm kinda bummed about it nonetheless. I'm due Feb 6th, so it's not like there's a chance of an outside baby shower. Oh well! Looking forward to it anyway.

-Lauren

I'm almost 11wks due 4/6. It's our third baby, and we're hoping for a healthy baby - don't care about boy or girl. The plan is go to Disney in January 2013 when baby is 9 months old. I did not want to bring a baby younger than 6 months, so this is perfect. DDs will be just turned 5 and 3.5, which are IMO totally magical ages for Disney.

Love this! I'm 25 weeks, due December 27th. This is our first, a boy. Planning to take him to WDW next summer or fall, he will be 6-10months. Still deciding on what the best age will be! My baby shower is Oct. 9, it's Winnie the Pooh inspired. I made the invitations I will have to share. Little guy's room will also be Winnie the Pooh. DH and I went to WDW this year just a week after we found out I was pregnant, what a fun way to celebrate! We had the trip already booked about 6 months prior. We had a great time but if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't plan a trip during the first trimester, definitely had some morning sickness issues :eek: Without being too graphic, the best story involved me running off of the bus when it parked at Animal Kingdom one day, straight for a bush right outside the main gate. Luckily not too many people were around, but not exactly the kind of magical memories we usually have from our trips haha.

Anyway, We wanted to buy the baby a present when we were in WDW but had a hard time finding anything that wasn't gender specific, and obviously we didn't know yet if we were having a boy or a girl. So we settled on a giant stuffed Pooh bear and a Pooh storybook collection. So that inspired our nursery!

Thanks for starting this thread and congrats to everyone!! :goodvibes

Hi! What a great idea! I'm just about 8wks pregnant with our second LO. My son will be 2 1/2 when the new baby arrives. We had planned on making our first trip to WDW with our son in February, but now we're going to wait until next Feb. Carter will be 3 1/2 and our baby will be about 10 months. Perfect ages! For those of you who are planning first trips around 8-10 months- that is the perfect time! I wish we had been able to go with our son at that time. They are so easy at that point and not wanting to get out of the stroller like they are a few months later. Good luck to you all!!
Stacey

Hey girls! Congrats on your pregnancies!!

Oooh baby themes!! Love winnie the pooh! Ours is an Under the Sea theme, which is also the baby shower theme. We have a number of finding nemo things - and if anyone is interested - we found the cutest green finding nemo onesie & bib at Disney last October! Totally gender neutral and it has the seagulls on it and says "Mine mine mine". So cute! It was the only gender neutral thing we found while there. Of course, we weren't preggo at the time, but we had planned to start trying during (TMI) that trip, hoping for a Disney baby LOL. Didn't work, but oh well...

Sorry to hear about the morning sickness!! I was really lucky - 1st trimester was just basically filled with food aversions. I didn't really want to eat anything, but nothing made me sick. I travelled to SC for a wedding and was worried about getting sick on the plane but was fine (at around 6 weeks).

How are you two doing in your first trimesters?

I am 13 weeks and am due around 03/18. I was hoping to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon this year, but I am pretty sure that won't be happening as I will be eight months pregnant. :) We are not planning our next Disney trip until sometime in 2013 most likely when the baby is a year or a year and a half, because of all the vacation and sick time my husband and I will have to use for maternity/paternity leave. We are also hoping to move closer to our families which will delay our trip. We are hoping to go before our child turns 2.

Hello all
I am 17w5d with our third. We find out the gender tomorrow!

We are planning a trip in novmber 2012 so the baby will be 9 months

Hey, can I join the party too?

Imagineer5 - It looks like we're due about the same month or pretty close!

Due Date is 2/11/2012 with our 4th (and pretty sure our last) so somewhere between 18 and 19 weeks.

We're thinking of taking our LO to Disney World or Disneyland sometime towards the end of May so around 3 months. With our situation, my DH's work pays for us to fly to the continental U.S. every three years and that will be this summer. We want to do something special for the older kids since their lives will have been thrown into chaos with the new baby. Who knows if it'll work, but it sure is fun to plan and dream!!

Hi all! I am 16 weeks pregnant with our 2nd. I am due 2/27/11 and we are not finding out the gender this time. This is our Disneyland souvineer baby, as we "picked it up" when we took our then almost 9 month old in early June. We were celebrating our purchase of DVC. So, they will be about 17.5 months apart. :scared1:

We are going to Disneyland again in about a month, so I will be 20ish weeks pregnant and my son will be 13 months. We plan to go again next December, when they are 25 and 10 months. We are west coasters, so we do Disneyland a lot more often.

Congrats to everyone else :) This board will be fun! I am pregnant with our 3rd girl (boy that's going to be fun later!) I always lose track of # of weeks ROFL... about 25 weeks I think. We are taking my older 2 DDs (4 and 2) to Disneyland in a couple of weeks so that oughtta be interesting, to say the least... Then we had to cancel our Christmas/New Year's trip to WDW and first trip on DVC points to our home resort (bummer!) since she's due Dec 29th.

Her first Disney trip will be a big one... We have B2B cruises (so 14 nights total) booked next May so she'll be about 4.5mo old :scared1:. Maybe we'll tack on a couple of Disneyland days before that. After that we may do the Food and Wine at WDW but definately will do our Christmas/New Year's trip so she'll be almost a year for that :)

I'm 29 weeks pregnant with our first baby - a girl! Due date is 12/1. We have a Tinker Bell themed nursery - thanks to Walmart for the very affordable and cute Tink stuff. Baby shower is actually on Saturday! We are planning to take the baby to WDW next December - right around her 1st birthday!

Congrats ladies! I am not pregnant but thought this was such a cool idea! I would have loved this when I was pregnant! Enjoy the journey!

Congrats everyone! I am 20 weeks pregnant with my 4th baby...this one is a girl! We are hoping to make it to disneyworld at the end of May (so the baby will be 4 months old). We began talking about a 2012 trip to the world back in 2010...hope we make it!

Love this thread- currently expecting #2 Feb 8th.

Heading to Disney World Sept 30th with our 1 year old son :yay:

We also will have them 17 months apart not sure if we are finding out yet

I'm pretty newly pregnant - around 5-6 weeks, but I don't know for sure because I'm still breastfeeding DS and haven't had a period since October 2009. :lmao: Need to go for a dating ultrasound next week. :goodvibes

I am 13 weeks and am due around 03/18. I was hoping to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon this year, but I am pretty sure that won't be happening as I will be eight months pregnant. :) We are not planning our next Disney trip until sometime in 2013 most likely when the baby is a year or a year and a half, because of all the vacation and sick time my husband and I will have to use for maternity/paternity leave. We are also hoping to move closer to our families which will delay our trip. We are hoping to go before our child turns 2.

Don't do it! :lmao: I ran a half marathon at 35 weeks pregnant and it was MUCH worse than labor and delivery. 3:48 minutes (my previous longest HM was 2:24) of pelvic pressure, swollen feet, numb hands, heartburn, lower back pain, not being able to take a full breath, and having to PEE! UGH!!

I am 32 weeks and 3 days. We are having another boy and hope to go back again in May/June like we have for the past 3 years. This is our 6th child, so no baby shower for us.

Hi aurora23! Congrats on the pregnancy and getting into the 2nd trimester!! That was a huge deal for me, as I had a previous miscarriage in March.
Figment – good luck at the doc’s today!! That’s so awesome. We’ll be travelling around the same time, I keep looking for Disney trip reports with infants in them but they are few and far between. After all the searching, I’m pretty sure I’ve read every single one of them now! LOL
Steves1bear – yay! We can be due date buddies! LOL. That’s nice of your DH’s employer to pay for a flight every 3 years. Flights to the mainland have to be pretty expensive, esp when flying from Hawaii to Florida!
AZMermaid – congrats! February is a great month LOL. I’m jealous of your ability to visit DL so often. I grew up in CA and then Seattle and went to DL quite often until I finally saved enough money to go to WDW by myself when I was 18. I love it over there, and have gotten back to DL about once every 3 years (not enough!). Now I’m waiting for Cars land to open to return!
Rillsung – congrats!! Assuming you also live on the west coast? That’s so awesome about your back to back cruises!! F&W would be fun, esp with your DVC at BWV!
Smi727 – have a great time at your baby shower!! Give us details! LOL is it a girls only? How many ppl? I’m interested to know how well they stick to the registry. We registered at Babies R Us and Amazon and are really hoping NOT to get a ton of adorable outfits and instead the stuff we need. Lots of girls!
Jessicajdesigns- thanks!! Hopefully this will stick around as Disney preggo ladies should be around for a while LOL
PrincessSteph! Yay for 20 weeks! Can’t wait to make the halfway mark next Monday! Hehe. Another girl! Yay!
isugal72 – woohoo another Feb baby! That was my original due date, and actually prob should be my actual due date, but we had a couple US’s measuring at Feb 6th, and it’s a special day bc it is my late-Granddad’s birthday so we are keeping it at that haha. You’ll be there a week before us! We are heading there Oct 4th (my 30th birthday will be Oct 5th).
Sarah Rose – congrats on the new little one!! I can’t believe you ran the marathon at 35 weeks pregnant. That’s ridiculous!! I can’t even imagine.
StuckInKS – congrats! You’re almost there! Sorry I didn’t think about the ppl who weren’t having baby showers LOL.

AFM – we had our anatomy ultrasound and they need us back to look at the spine bc they couldn’t get a clear picture (she wasn’t being very cooperative).
For those of you with DVC – what would you say is your fave resort for an infant? We have considered buying in but I can’t decide on the resort, and also with Disney’s stupid rule about being unable to use the points to transfer to other resorts around the world if you buy resale, we might never buy in. But we do rent points. Last time it was for BCV and we loved it, and next trip DH wants to go to VWL. I’d love to try out BLT. Currently our fave park is EPCOT but I think that might change to MK with a little one!

I am due with baby #4 on December 12th although I will have a c-section around 12/5. Baby is a girl, our third daughter :goodvibes My poor son will be totally outnumbered:laughing:

We have a trip planned to WDW for April when baby is 4 months old :thumbsup2

I'm due with baby #3 in February! It's a boy! We're planning on going to WDW next October. The kids will be 8 months, 5.5 and 3. Just perfect I think! We'll go again in another 2 to 3 years.

Hi All!

I'm about 5 weeks pregnant, due in May 2012. We also have a 2.5 year old (34months). We are going to WDW in 10 days! We cannot wait! Being newly pregnant, I hope I don't have any food aversions. I was at WDW 3 years ago and was 8 weeks pregnant, it was not very pleasant considering how sick I felt. BUT so far so good this time around. It will be interesting to discover what SMELLS are in WDW... =)

Congratulations to everyone expecting!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter