Pregnancy Board!!

Hi everyone!

We are expecting our LO on November 14th. I am currently 16 weeks (almost 17 weeks). We are expecting a little boy and we are so excited. We just returned from our Disney babymoon (I compiled a list of Do's and don'ts for pregger moms in Disney if anyone wants to see).

I think we will probably take him to Disney 2x's next year or maybe to Hilton head or DCL when he is 7 months and then 1 year. If we can not swing both I would definitely like to go for his 1 year. I know a few people who have taken LO to WDW at 3-4 months but I think I want to wait a little even though it is going to be hard!

Ok all my pregnant or recently pregnant friends...

I am debating where to eat at Disney. I had made reservations at The Yachtsman and California grill before we found out about Munchkin and now I am seriously considering changing at least the California Grill.

However, unlike most kiddos Munchkin doesn't do sweets AT ALL. I get very very very sick from juices, ice cream, cookies, yogurt, gummy bear, candy, strawberry Special K, waffles, etc. I am past the morning sickness so this is just the way it is. I may have a rough time without my Mickey Premium Bar and Dole Whip.

Given that the food has to be completely cooked, munchkin doesn't do dessert, and pasteurized if milk based, where would you eat?

Hi everyone :)

We are 7 weeks along with our second, just had our first ultrasound today :) We are hoping for a little boy we can call Ezra Kristoff

We will be taking our 3 year old DD in October so.... this one will be 25ish weeks along. His first real trip will be sometime in 2016 so he will be 1-2 years old, just like his sister was.

Pregnant with #3. We won't be finding out gender this time around. I am due Dec 20th and we have a trip planned for this upcoming October. We are also hoping for a March/April long weekend as a family of 5 so that I have a break from work to look forward to since I will probably be going back at the beginning of Feb!

Hello Everyone!

11 weeks today! Total surprise baby, and it is baby # 3. Our other kids are 10 and 7, both girls. We have had 3 ultrasounds, last one being a couple of days ago, and everything is measuring spot on. :goodvibes

Now that the initial shock has worn off, I am trying to psych myself up for our annual trip, which this year is in August. I will be spanning the 18-20 week mark during that trip - hoping to find out the sex before we leave so I can shop accordingly! :rotfl:

I know alot of the rides are off limits, which I am ok with, but some of them I just don't understand....like safari, and Splash Mountain. Neither are super jarring, IMHO...

Please share your Disney while pregnant tips! :)

Hi everyone :) We are 7 weeks along with our second, just had our first ultrasound today :) We are hoping for a little boy we can call Ezra Kristoff We will be taking our 3 year old DD in October so.... this one will be 25ish weeks along. His first real trip will be sometime in 2016 so he will be 1-2 years old, just like his sister was.
welcome and congrats!!!

Pregnant with #3. We won't be finding out gender this time around. I am due Dec 20th and we have a trip planned for this upcoming October. We are also hoping for a March/April long weekend as a family of 5 so that I have a break from work to look forward to since I will probably be going back at the beginning of Feb!
welcome and congrats!!! I'm sure decemeber 23rd with baby #1:)

Hello Everyone! 11 weeks today! Total surprise baby, and it is baby # 3. Our other kids are 10 and 7, both girls. We have had 3 ultrasounds, last one being a couple of days ago, and everything is measuring spot on. :goodvibes Now that the initial shock has worn off, I am trying to psych myself up for our annual trip, which this year is in August. I will be spanning the 18-20 week mark during that trip - hoping to find out the sex before we leave so I can shop accordingly! :rotfl: I know alot of the rides are off limits, which I am ok with, but some of them I just don't understand....like safari, and Splash Mountain. Neither are super jarring, IMHO... Please share your Disney while pregnant tips! :)
congrats!!! I'm sure the stop is what cuts out splash and the rough road is safari, but I've seen baby-babies on the safari, so I'm not sure:/

Congrats everyone!

I also wanted to mention that we went in april and I was around 18 wks pregnant and my friend was 17 wks. We both went on the safari ride several times. Maybe talk to your Dr about it but it seems like quite a few have gone on it. But we also have very low risk pregnanies too.

5 weeks here. Got our first pic of s/he last week (not much to see, except we know there is someone living in there :lmao:). We don't have our first real pic until we get back from our beach vacation next month.

I will be 17 weeks along with our first on our next WDW/ DCL Dream trip. I hope we can get a gender scan before the trip so when Dh is doing the mommy off-limit rides, I can be shopping. It will be the most expensive WDW vacation in history! ;)

On that note, anyone have an opinion of mine train while pregnant? It has a really low high requirement, so I am thinking the real safety issue is the seatbelt bar hitting the belly and not the ride itself, but I dont "need" to ride it if it is rough. I have read reports on here about women riding ToT while pregnant (I think that is nuts!), so I know some women are more adventurous than others, but I am kinda looking for a basic idea.

5 weeks here. Got our first pic of s/he last week (not much to see, except we know there is someone living in there :lmao:). We don't have our first real pic until we get back from our beach vacation next month.

I will be 17 weeks along with our first on our next WDW/ DCL Dream trip. I hope we can get a gender scan before the trip so when Dh is doing the mommy off-limit rides, I can be shopping. It will be the most expensive WDW vacation in history! ;)

On that note, anyone have an opinion of mine train while pregnant? It has a really low high requirement, so I am thinking the real safety issue is the seatbelt bar hitting the belly and not the ride itself, but I dont "need" to ride it if it is rough. I have read reports on here about women riding ToT while pregnant (I think that is nuts!), so I know some women are more adventurous than others, but I am kinda looking for a basic idea.

Good question!!! I have heard nothing but that the ride (SDMT) is soooooo smooth! I plan on bringing my iPad to my next OB appt and just showing my MD YouTube videos of some of the rides and getting opinions. Given that we have 4 FP's for it, I just want to ride once!

I mean, Safari.....I live in New England and in the wintertime driving over frost heaves in the road throws me around more than safari! :rotfl:

Having lost a baby at 9 weeks, I personally don't do any rides that have a warning. Not remotely worth the risk. I'll be back after the baby is born and can ride them at that time.

That said, safari, if you have to do it, request the front seat, way less bumpy. I say in the last row while pregnant with #1, not realizing there was a pregnancy warning anyway, and I bounced so much I was truly concerned about the baby. I was 18 weeks then. Didn't ride it with the other kids.

Mine train, we were just there last week, so I am obviously not pregnant anymore, but rode it and it is smooth, but I still wouldn't do it pregnant. Lots of twists, turns, drops.

Hi everyone!

Long time lurker here but found this thread and I just had to share my story!

I am almost 27 weeks with my sweet little girl. She is the first for my husband and I and we are just over the moon! Her name is Anna Sophia and her due date is October 3rd! :lovestruc

We are planning her first trip for April/May 2015 so she will be 6 or 7 months at that time. I am hoping I will be able to breastfed her, which would make it so much easier on the trip!

I really wanted to take a trip up there before she was born but the airfare is way to much and I won't be able to travel past a certain point (and it is WAY to hot there for me now)

Can't wait to meet Anna and share the magic and love of Disney with her!

Hi everyone!

Long time lurker here but found this thread and I just had to share my story!

Welcome! You are 5 weeks ahead of me. We would also like to take our LO around 7 months. Might do a split WDW/DCL but we will see. I hope you do a trip report :)

Hey Ladies!! I just had my 18 week check-up EEKKK:eek:!!! I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy is FLYING by!!! We find out in 3 weeks if baby A is a boy or a girl, but I'm wondering some predictions. I have had a rather mixed review so far, and I keep going back and forth. The heart rate has been 148, 150 and today was 170. My face is breaking out like I'm back in 8th grade, and I barely have any bump. The little that I have is very low. I have been so sick, with all day nausea, craving salads, fresh fruit, and sweets (although sweets make me sick). I did the ring test and it said girl, and I've had a couple of dreams about having a girl, but at first I thought it was a boy. I don't know!! I did the Chinese gender calendar and that said boy, but I feel like all of the other wives tales say girl. Any suggestions, thoughts, or opinions?

Hey Ladies!! I just had my 18 week check-up EEKKK:eek:!!! I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy is FLYING by!!! We find out in 3 weeks if baby A is a boy or a girl, but I'm wondering some predictions. I have had a rather mixed review so far, and I keep going back and forth. The heart rate has been 148, 150 and today was 170. My face is breaking out like I'm back in 8th grade, and I barely have any bump. The little that I have is very low. I have been so sick, with all day nausea, craving salads, fresh fruit, and sweets (although sweets make me sick). I did the ring test and it said girl, and I've had a couple of dreams about having a girl, but at first I thought it was a boy. I don't know!! I did the Chinese gender calendar and that said boy, but I feel like all of the other wives tales say girl. Any suggestions, thoughts, or opinions?

The ramzi test is apparently 97% effective and it is an actual scientific test published in a medical journal. Granted it was published a few years ago and quite a few people have taken to debunking it, but it seems a better predictor than old wives tales at least. ;)

The Chinese gender chart has always been spot on for me. There is also something called the "nub theory" that I have just happened upon which appears to be pretty good.

I am going to be 15 weeks on Friday but we found out the sex 99.99% accuracy last week...we are having a boy!!!!

Because I am 36, I was given the option of taking the Panorama test (a simple blood draw) which is a fetal chromosome test for Down's and other Trisomy's...but it also does gender!!! We got the results last week and it's a healthy baby boy!!! :cool1:

Today is my 8 week ultrasound. So excited, but terrified as well. If all is well, we are going to tell the families this weekend. My sister is 5 weeks ahead of me (I already told her) and just got her blood test back yesterday. She is having a baby girl! She has a nearly 4 year old son, so they were really hoping for a girl this time around. Now I REALLY want a girl, so mine and hers can be "twins." But on the other hand, if we have a boy, we get all her blue stuff since she is going to go all pink with the new one. And my nephew had some really cute clothes! ;)
I am due for the blood test in early August, so just 3 or 4 more weeks till we find out our gender. :cool1:

The ramzi test is apparently 97% effective and it is an actual scientific test published in a medical journal. Granted it was published a few years ago and quite a few people have taken to debunking it, but it seems a better predictor than old wives tales at least. ;)

I might have to look into that:scratchin

The Chinese gender chart has always been spot on for me. There is also something called the "nub theory" that I have just happened upon which appears to be pretty good.

I am going to be 15 weeks on Friday but we found out the sex 99.99% accuracy last week...we are having a boy!!!!

Because I am 36, I was given the option of taking the Panorama test (a simple blood draw) which is a fetal chromosome test for Down's and other Trisomy's...but it also does gender!!! We got the results last week and it's a healthy baby boy!!! :cool1:

We opted not to do any genetic testing, so we couldn't find out any earlier:(

Today is my 8 week ultrasound. So excited, but terrified as well. If all is well, we are going to tell the families this weekend. My sister is 5 weeks ahead of me (I already told her) and just got her blood test back yesterday. She is having a baby girl! She has a nearly 4 year old son, so they were really hoping for a girl this time around. Now I REALLY want a girl, so mine and hers can be "twins." But on the other hand, if we have a boy, we get all her blue stuff since she is going to go all pink with the new one. And my nephew had some really cute clothes! ;)
I am due for the blood test in early August, so just 3 or 4 more weeks till we find out our gender. :cool1:

Congratulations!!!! Either way will be so so so much fun!!

Welcome welcome!! We are planning for December 2015 as well for a 1st bday trip!!!

Congrats on your pregnancy as well! Thanks for the well wishes :-) We actually lost the baby last month at 8w. We're sad and it hits me from time to time, the week right after was touch and go, but we got the OK to start trying again. I hope we can still manage a Dec. 2015 trip, anyway, I could use some Disney right now!

Congrats on your pregnancy as well! Thanks for the well wishes :-) We actually lost the baby last month at 8w. We're sad and it hits me from time to time, the week right after was touch and go, but we got the OK to start trying again. I hope we can still manage a Dec. 2015 trip, anyway, I could use some Disney right now!

I'm so sorry to hear that. I can't imagine the amount of pain you must feel. :hug: Glad to hear you got the OK. Honestly, Disney is the best medicine there is:)

I went through a loss just over a year ago, and here I am less than two weeks away from the arrival of what all signs point to being a very active baby boy. It's still painful to think back to the loss, but I try to keep it in perspective. Pregnancy right after a loss can be mentally tough at times too...when it happens, don't feel guilty if you have a tough time, especially in those first 3 months!!

Disney always gets us through tough times...we decided to plan a trip for this October back when we were trying for this guy...and now instead of a "consolation trip", it's turning out to be his first big meeting with the mouse!!

Good luck :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter