Poll: When Will Disney Set Sail Again

When will Disney resume sailing at least one of their ships with already scheduled cruises.

• January 2021

Votes: 14 4.6%
  • February 2021

Votes: 23 7.6%
  • March 2021

Votes: 48 15.8%
  • April 2021

Votes: 45 14.9%
  • May 2021

Votes: 36 11.9%
  • June 2021

Votes: 26 8.6%
  • Later in 2021

Votes: 87 28.7%

Votes: 24 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since "its like the flu," I seem to recall lots of people not wearing masks or getting flu shots in previous years. Lots of cold people. I guess 2020 was the year that mankind cured himself of coldness and selfishness, for the most part. And here we were thinking 2020 was a bad year.
Sorry, I didn't mean Covid was like the flu, it is not, I meant the way we should handle it is like how we handle the flu. Again, even though I have my flu shot I do what I can to to protect others. Cough into elbow, sneeze in tissue, wash hands. I do that because even though I'm protected I don't know if the person beside me is.
So, to your point, even if I have had a Covid vaccine I want to protect the person beside me because I don't know if they have. You asked 'why would anyone care whether or not someone else was vaccinated if they were vaccinated?'. My answer is why wouldn't they care, anyone who doesn't care is a cold person IMO. We need to look out for each other and not just ourselves.

Masks will be prevalent and/or required in most public places for the entire 2021, whether ppl get vaccinated or not.
Even if 80% of ppl get vaccd in 2021, there's still a 20% that have a risk of transmitting or acquiring the virus..plus the vaccine will not be 100% effective... so, masks will be required to mitigate.
For an entire country population to be immunized vs a certain virus, you need years, not months.
2022 is the earliest you can expect life coming back to normal, pre-covid conditions, if all works well with vaccines.
So yeah, all of 2021 ppl will be required to wear masks in lots (if not most) of public places, all around the world, including DCL...Cheers.

Sigh. I guess we'll cancel. BTW, neither my wife, nor I, ever wear masks, despite there having been a mask mandate in our state since June 26. Masks are required for people willing to wear them, so there is no mask requirement for us. We dine out frequently and shop almost daily. We only support businesses that don't enforce the mask mandate. I suppose most of the virtuous would consider us selfish. Oh well.

That sounds like a lot of effort for not much of anything.

Well, they very well can't state that it provides immunity longer than that, since the study hasn't been going on long enough for them to test that. They were able to test the antibody levels three months after the second dose, and the numbers were still high. That's all they can claim.

I poked around and found the press release announcing phase 3 trials for Moderna specifically, and it was announced that it had begun in July, which means we've JUST passed 3 months-post-second-dose. It also said those in the study would be tested for two years, so there WILL be more information, and it's likely the antibodies stay elevated longer, but until they've tested that, they cannot make claim to it.

Usually medicines and vaccines go through YEARS of trials before being released. This is being rushed, so by necessity, we won't have all the information that we normally would, like how long the protection may last.

Sorry, I didn't mean Covid was like the flu, it is not, I meant the way we should handle it is like how we handle the flu. Again, even though I have my flu shot I do what I can to to protect others. Cough into elbow, sneeze in tissue, wash hands. I do that because even though I'm protected I don't know if the person beside me is.
So, to your point, even if I have had a Covid vaccine I want to protect the person beside me because I don't know if they have. You asked 'why would anyone care whether or not someone else was vaccinated if they were vaccinated?'. My answer is why wouldn't they care, anyone who doesn't care is a cold person IMO. We need to look out for each other and not just ourselves.

If the vaccine keeps you from being contagious, I agree. But Pfizer says they don't know.

I know those vaccinated would be "safe." But, why would anyone care whether or not someone else was vaccinated if they were vaccinated?

I find a lot of people care... it is still necessary for a certain % of the population to have a vaccine before there is enough herd immunity to go back to "normal life". Early suggestions are around 70%. As fewer people decide to forgo the measles vaccine we're seeing increased cases around the US, whooping cough as well. Even people who are vaccinated and "safe" can still contract it. The flu vaccine is famous for not offering 100% protection... so many people refuse it since they can still get sick (even if not as bad as they would without the vaccine). Our best bet is to innoculate AND try to keep from passing it around to each other by staying home when sick, taking care of ourselves so we get better faster, etc. Vaccines aren't miracles - they require community support to be effective.

I find a lot of people care... it is still necessary for a certain % of the population to have a vaccine before there is enough herd immunity to go back to "normal life". Early suggestions are around 70%. As fewer people decide to forgo the measles vaccine we're seeing increased cases around the US, whooping cough as well. Even people who are vaccinated and "safe" can still contract it. The flu vaccine is famous for not offering 100% protection... so many people refuse it since they can still get sick (even if not as bad as they would without the vaccine). Our best bet is to innoculate AND try to keep from passing it around to each other by staying home when sick, taking care of ourselves so we get better faster, etc. Vaccines aren't miracles - they require community support to be effective.

I'll be somewhat likely to get the vaccine, being 59, no longer concerned with my personal fertility issues, and in at least a moderate risk category. Many younger people I know are still struggling with the risk/benefit decision, particularly given the uncertainty around fertility.

I'll be somewhat likely to get the vaccine, being 59, no longer concerned with my personal fertility issues, and in at least a moderate risk category. Many younger people I know are still struggling with the risk/benefit decision, particularly given the uncertainty around fertility.

Well and the virus itself has presented there too, causing worry:
https://physician-news.umiamihealth...th-potential-implications-for-male-fertility/
Once again time proves itself the most valuable commodity when we don't have enough of it. >_<

This is so wierd, your comment is like the 10th I have read on all my social media about people believing a Covid vaccine will affect fertility??? I have read no legit medical publication stating this concern? is this some internet anti-vacc rumor going around. Can you please send me your sources as I googled today and found zero.. I dont mean this snarky but my niece also said the other day she is not getting the vaccine as she plans to have children... It baffles me wher she got this information????.

Last edited:
If the vaccine keeps you from being contagious, I agree. But Pfizer says they don't know.
If you re-read what I wrote you will see I am going on the assumption that the vaccine will not keep someone from being contagious. If it does then great however I don't want to be the person who passes what could be a deadly virus on to someone. I still want to do what I can to keep others safe hence the desire to help stop this from being passed on. Next bit is not directed at you or anyone so please don't feel it is.

As for the article, I don't trust a lot of what Fox News has to say. Some yes but most no. That's ME. I have looked and can not find anything anywhere else that says the Moderna coronavirus vaccine offers immunity for at least 3 months.
I think what they may be trying to say is that so far the results show the vaccine has worked but that the trials have only been 3 months in length so they can't truly say beyond that point. That is a fair statement but it doesn't mean it won't work beyond those 3 months.
That is all just my thought and not trying to change anyone's mind. Maybe I missed something and someone can lead me to what I need to know.

This is so wierd, your comment is like the 10th I have read on all my social media about people believing a Covid vaccine will affect fertility??? I have read no legit medical publication stating this concern? is this some internet anti-vacc rumor going around. Can you please send me your sources as I googled today and found zero.. I dont mean this snarky but my niece also said the other day she is not getting the vaccine as she plans to have children... It baffles me wher she got this information????.

Maybe they saw the video fact-checked in this Reuters article: https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-covid-vaccine-causing-infer-idUSKBN25H20G

Masks hurt the logical side of my brain. Almost no one has the correct mask or are wearing them correctly. Medical professionals have N95 masks and receive training on their use. This explains why doctors and health organizations said masks are not needed when the covid first hit. Then politics, the media, celebrity doctors, and fake science suggested masks. Even with a vaccine people still demand masks? Bunch of Karens.

Sigh. I guess we'll cancel. BTW, neither my wife, nor I, ever wear masks, despite there having been a mask mandate in our state since June 26. Masks are required for people willing to wear them, so there is no mask requirement for us. We dine out frequently and shop almost daily. We only support businesses that don't enforce the mask mandate. I suppose most of the virtuous would consider us selfish. Oh well.
Not selfish, just putting others at risk.

Masks hurt the logical side of my brain. Almost no one has the correct mask or are wearing them correctly. Medical professionals have N95 masks and receive training on their use. This explains why doctors and health organizations said masks are not needed when the covid first hit. Then politics, the media, celebrity doctors, and fake science suggested masks. Even with a vaccine people still demand masks? Bunch of Karens.
I don't think you understand a 'Karen'. There the ones who demand NO masks, not the one who want the masks.
Just clarifying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter