Poll: When Will Disney Set Sail Again

When will Disney resume sailing at least one of their ships with already scheduled cruises.

• January 2021

Votes: 14 4.6%
  • February 2021

Votes: 23 7.6%
  • March 2021

Votes: 48 15.8%
  • April 2021

Votes: 45 14.9%
  • May 2021

Votes: 36 11.9%
  • June 2021

Votes: 26 8.6%
  • Later in 2021

Votes: 87 28.7%

Votes: 24 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not unreasonable. Just unrealistic imo, the way things are.
I'm also wishful thinking in that I HOPE DCL starts next year. We have 3 cruises booked in 2021 & will sail with any and all restrictions they mandate. I missing cruising with the mouse that much.
But in reality I just don't see how they can pull it off in 2021. Cruising, I mean.
Summertime means at least 1/3 of the population is vaccinated by March to attain some sort of herd immunity to warrant a safe(r) cruising experience. By then they call all CM's to restaff ships, barely making it for the summer.
Or, for summer sailings to happen, DCL might mandate vaccines on all cruisers. And I don't think massive amounts of ppl will be vaccinated in the summer, with 2 doses needed to apparently achieve protection vs the virus.
I mean, it's possible, but not realistic. I put it at 10%.

I think it's very possible to have cruises going by May or June. The two vaccines that will be approved in January will most likely only require one dose. In February the US will be receiving shipments from 4 different companies. Right now they are saying 100 million will be vaccinated by the end of March. But maybe that's not enough for DCL to feel comfortable

Also The Magic is in Europe and most likely will stay there until the summer season. The first European sailing is 22 May from Barcelona. Therefore there is a possibility that DCL can restart sailing in May but in Europe, not America.

Also The Magic is in Europe and most likely will stay there until the summer season. The first European sailing is 22 May from Barcelona. Therefore there is a possibility that DCL can restart sailing in May but in Europe, not America.

For the European summer season to start in May, the Magic needs to be re-staffed in February (takes 3 months to re-staff ships, re-train CMs, rehearse shows, learn new guidelines, etc). Meaning that if there's no chatter in January about ppl being called in, things won't look good for the summer.
January is around the corner and Europe Covid cases aren't letting up. Things aren't looking good.
All we can do is hope for the best.

Keep in mind most of these votes came in early, before January and February (and now March apparently) were cancelled.

Yep, I said March when the poll opened back at the beginning of November. It didn't feel right to change my answer even though I know its not happening. At the time the idea they might wait for a vaccine was a long shot but now? More likely... they could also still just be working out logistics but timelines are firming up on rollout so we'll see.

Not unreasonable. Just unrealistic imo, the way things are.
I'm also wishful thinking in that I HOPE DCL starts next year. We have 3 cruises booked in 2021 & will sail with any and all restrictions they mandate. I missing cruising with the mouse that much.
But in reality I just don't see how they can pull it off in 2021. Cruising, I mean.
Summertime means at least 1/3 of the population is vaccinated by March to attain some sort of herd immunity to warrant a safe(r) cruising experience. By then they call all CM's to restaff ships, barely making it for the summer.
Or, for summer sailings to happen, DCL might mandate vaccines on all cruisers. And I don't think massive amounts of ppl will be vaccinated in the summer, with 2 doses needed to apparently achieve protection vs the virus.
I mean, it's possible, but not realistic. I put it at 10%.
Fingers crossed that your projection of 10% is way off! I'm still hoping for our summer itinerary! I'll hold out hope until the bitter end! LOL :cheer2:

Yep, I said March when the poll opened back at the beginning of November. It didn't feel right to change my answer even though I know its not happening. At the time the idea they might wait for a vaccine was a long shot but now? More likely... they could also still just be working out logistics but timelines are firming up on rollout so we'll see.

Your timeline seems so logical hat it gives me more hope! :scratchin:thumbsup2

I think the chances we see April cruises are around 0%.

It was wishful thinking and Disney is just trying to book people to push them for later on. I would too if I were them. Originally they had hoped for normal distribution of the vaccine in the spring. Now it looks like late summer/fall is much more likely. Most people who can afford a Disney cruise are working from home right now and not elderly so they will be late in the schedule. I would be shocked if anything sales in May, I think summer at earliest . Maybe some test cruises would make sense. They had the first Caribbean cruise sail this summer and the Rona spread on it real fast

Also people with chronical allergies seem to be advised not to take Pfizer, after two health care professionals in the UK got severe side reactions (but recovered quickly).
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...iontech-covid-allergic-reactions-b229762.html

According to the article in NL I've read it is not clear yet which allergies, mild cases of hayfever maybe not, but the people who carry an epipen with them probably yes.

The very first line of the article states it specifically. Not just people with hay fever or chronic allergies, but those with a history of life-threatening drug or food allergies.
"People with a history of life-threatening allergic reactions to a vaccine or food should not get the Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine, the head of the UK’s medicine regulator has warned, ..."

Both people who had the anaphylactic reaction in the UK also carried epipens for other severe allergies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter