Pete thinks Fall Discounts will be released in the not so distant future....

My saga is finally over. I got what I think I wanted. 5 nights Coronado Gan Destino Tower Club Level with 2 - 2 day park hoppers for $2250. Saved me $315 over rack rate that I was going to pay. I'm happy. Unless of course I decide to go experiment with other resorts but for that price, I can't beat Club Level

Does anyone know if the fall/holiday offer can be applied to just part of the stay? We have the first week of December booked, and availability has gotten a lot more scarce. The first half of the stay is showing up when I search the offer, so wondering if we can call and save the 15% for those days at least, and stay in the same room the entire time.

If that's not possible, can they rebook me for those first few days with the offer and just shorten the second half of the stay? I can survive switching rooms mid-trip, but we'd like to stay at the same resort.

Been watching this thread as a window into what I will experience in September when January deals are released. We have a rack rate studio booked at Poly for second week of January for a ridiculous price 🤢 that I'm hoping I don't end up paying.
My strategy is going to be to check it every morning early and book a second trip as soon as I see a discount then cancel the original booking once everything settles on MDE so I don't lose any reservations. Seems like its smart to avoid the phone at all cost!
For some sick reason I really enjoy the hunt for ADRS, discounts, and FP+. Its like a crazy strategy game with the coolest ending 🥳

So, now after trying all day to modify my reservation, it’s now saying that the discount is no longer available. If this is truly the case, then that is very disappointing if I’ve been trying all day to make this change and I can’t now...

So, now after trying all day to modify my reservation, it’s now saying that the discount is no longer available. If this is truly the case, then that is very disappointing if I’ve been trying all day to make this change and I can’t now...

Yes, the website is nuts all day. After modifying my reservation, it is now showing on the first page my original room category I booked but when I click "show details" it shows the correct room and price. I don't know. This whole fiasco has been driving me crazy all day. Literally over 12 hours

welp here i go..... i'm starting my "30+ minute" hold to hopefully get the Disney Visa discount I called about yesterday. Fingers crossed they still have availability for what I priced out yesterday!

welp here i go..... i'm starting my "30+ minute" hold to hopefully get the Disney Visa discount I called about yesterday. Fingers crossed they still have availability for what I priced out yesterday!
Good Luck. At least you saw a Visa discount.

Last edited:
Okay how the call went...

Background info - I called to update a rack rate Standard View Caribbean Beach ($783) to a Pool View Animal Kingdom Lodge. I called yesterday and it was priced at $941.13. Travel Dates: Aug 30th - Sept 2nd; 2 adults w/ APs (no tix needed).
- first said they didn't hear about the Disney Visa discount
- found the discount, but then said i needed to book a 2 day ticket also
- i pushed back and said "no, i was priced yesterday for this offer as a room-only & i know other people that have booked it as a room-only" and then she said "ah yes you're right"
- she then quotes me that the room would be the exact same price as my current reservation "$783" exact, which is significantly lower than what i was quoted yesterday. I asked her to double check and make sure that's right. (I believe there was a glitch and the amount did not update when she changed the resort information)
- she said she was now "confused" and "saw different numbers on different screens"
- now she is re-entering the information and starting over
- and she's starting over again
- she asked for ALLL of my information (address, phone number, travel party, everything) and THEN was able to pull up the room info
- she has to book it as a secondary reservation and then cancel my original reservation
- i asked if i would lose all of my fastpass+ reservations because of this and she said "yes" (i don't 100% believe it; will check after call. update after call - i did not lose my FP+)
- I asked if i needed my cvv code to put down the deposit and she said no - only the 16 credit card digits and expiration date (i cut up my card previously)
- she gave me my new confirmation/reservation number prior to asking for cc information
- i asked if i needed to give my cc information and she said "yes, let me back out to the other screen to do that... you're deposit amount is $313.71... oh and now it wont let me do that of course"
- moments pass, finally give cc information
- moments pass, have to give cc information again
- moments pass, and the card is approved
- moments pass, she said it's all done and now she is going to cancel the original resservation
- i ask her to wait on the phone under i can see it on MDE
- it takes about 3-5 minutes and i have to manually enter the confirmation code and it links up

all-in-all, the call was 1:21 long - 35 min of that was hold time. the rest was me on the phone with her.

Last edited:

Background info - I called to update a rack rate Standard View Caribbean Beach ($783) to a Pool View Animal Kingdom Lodge. I called yesterday and it was priced at $941.13. Travel Dates: Aug 30th - Sept 2nd; 2 adults w/ APs (no tix needed).
- i pushed back and said "no, i was priced yesterday for this offer as a room-only & i know other people that have booked it as a room-only" and then she said "ah yes you're right"
- she then quotes me that the room would be the exact same price as my current reservation "$783" exact, which is significantly lower than what i was quoted yesterday. I asked her to double check and make sure that's right. (I believe there was a glitch and the amount did not update when she changed the resort information)
- she said she was now "confused" and "saw different numbers on different screens"
- she asked for ALLL of my information (address, phone number, travel party, everything) and THEN was able to pull up the room info
- she has to book it as a secondary reservation and then cancel my original reservation
- i asked if i would lose all of my fastpass+ reservations because of this and she said "yes" (i don't 100% believe it; will check after call. update after call - i did not lose my FP+)
- I asked if i needed my cvv code to put down the deposit and she said no - only the 16 credit card digits and expiration date (i cut up my card previously)
- she gave me my new confirmation/reservation number prior to asking for cc information
- i asked if i needed to give my cc information and she said "yes, let me back out to the other screen to do that... you're deposit amount is $313.71... oh and now it wont let me do that of course"
- moments pass, she said it's all done and now she is going to cancel the original resservation
- it takes about 3-5 minutes and i have to manually enter the confirmation code and it links up
Phew! :faint:
You must be exhausted! o_O
Did you remember to make a room request? :duck:

LOL of course i didn't do a room request *smash face into keyboard*. I'm hoping to upgrade to Savannah view when we get there using some disney magic pixie dust. but honestly i'm so happy to be at AKL. Just changed our welcome dinner from Sebastian's Bistro to Boma - YUM!
Awesome! :thumbsup2

Sorry for the long post, don't know if anyone else has run into this today. I called in this morning and at 8:45am the message said that there was a 90 minute hold, I was taken off hold at 10:30am. I already had a reservation for Wilderness Lodge that I made a few months ago and was hoping to apply this morning's released 20% room only discount to it, we'll be there at the very end of Sept into the first week of Oct (no free dining for us). The cast member was so nice and I really felt bad for him, he was very frustrated on the call. He kept trying different things in the system, but no matter what he did the discount wouldn't work. He finally told me, which he probably shouldn't have done, that they get very upset because when Disney makes these announcements because it's for such a small number of rooms at each resort that it's really hard to even stand a chance sometimes at getting the discount. He then kindly offered to check to see what was available at other resorts, but honestly I'm happy where I am. I love going to Disney World, but having worked in customer service myself it's easy to put out these mass announcements when you're not the one on the other end of the phone having to deal with customers. Now, obviously I booked when there was no discount so the 20% off offer would have just been a cherry on top for me, but come on Disney, this is basically false advertising. If you have several resorts that aren't close to being filled, only offer the discount at those places. Don't set your employees up for having to deal with upset customers because you made it look like you have a product that you don't have. The whole thing reminds me of when I was a kid and Toys R Us would come out with their black Friday adds- there was only one of an item, but 100 people in line, and the employees had to deal with the potential fallout.

Agreed... we're in an almost identical situation:
We'll be at WL 9/26 - 10/1, that we also just made the reservation for in May.

I emailed my travel agent (small world) this morning (around 8:30am EDT) asking if she could apply one of the discounts (I think was actually 10% for WL)
- My travel agent said she had already been up early to check and there was nothing available for WL for our dates. Also said available discounts at any of the other deluxe resorts (I asked her to check YC - which I believe was 20%) were more than my current reservation, even with the promotion .

Not a big deal, I made the original reservation knowing there might not be a fall discount available this year. But still, as you point out, it's frustrating that they announce a promotion but it has little to no availability.

I was up at 7:00 am on the phone - about a two minute wait. Unfortunately, none of the discounts apply to our dates, 10/26 - 11/2 at a value resort. :( The CM was awfully nice though, he really tried hard to find us something. It's okay though, I'm fine with what we're paying, $112/night for a All-Star Movies.

So, good news/so-so news.

The good news is that I was able to finally get my AP discount applied for my November stay at CSR with a Gran Destino Tower room.

The so-so news is that they ran out of the standard view rooms so I had to upgrade to a water view room, which I actually didn’t necessarily want. Unless I’d otherwise be looking at the dumpsters, a water view is not important enough for me to pay extra, especially when there aren’t any balconies.

At the end, though, I’m still saving over $30 a night over my original standard room rack rate with a supposedly better view, so it’s a net win.

all-in-all, the call was 1:21 long - 35 min of that was hold time. the rest was me on the phone with her.
Did the cancellation automatically come off your my Disney experience? Congratulations on getting your new reservation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter