Pete thinks Fall Discounts will be released in the not so distant future....

Interesting Caribbean BR has just appeared and CSR has gone down to £984 from previous price this am. Maybe this means they are looking at where gaps are?

OMG! Now the phone lines are completely down! :crazy2:
Can't even get it to ring! Goes immediately to "All circuits are busy, please try again later"!!

I'd say keep trying. I called, it was busy, hung up, immediately called back. It took 72 times to get back through. HOWEVER, now the line is all crackly so I'm sure they wont be able to hear me when they finally answer. This time the recording said 90+ minutes so Im expecting 2+hr wait. Its been 45min so far

All I keep getting online is the home page and Donald saying they had to duck out, smh.... this is all getting ridiculous, first we have to wait forever for the discounts, now you can't even get through. As big of a company Disney is, they have the money to have good systems for phone and computer, just saying...just venting, I'm just frustrated right now... of course I will keep trying and I love Disney, just wish they'd get it together....:crazy2:

Well got thru on phone line as soon as they opened. The CM was very nice & tried all the discounts, even AP, and none of them were less expensive then we have now. We booked last December for this December. She said the free dining, although available , would cost us $80 more than we are already paying. Guess just goes to show how much prices have gone up from last year to this year. Crazy

CM is telling me that to add free dining will be $1200 more than what the same dates/same room/same tickets/same dining is currently showing me online. That makes no sense to me. We have the same options in my cart and his screen and its $1200 more on his end?

Sorry for the long post, don't know if anyone else has run into this today. I called in this morning and at 8:45am the message said that there was a 90 minute hold, I was taken off hold at 10:30am. I already had a reservation for Wilderness Lodge that I made a few months ago and was hoping to apply this morning's released 20% room only discount to it, we'll be there at the very end of Sept into the first week of Oct (no free dining for us). The cast member was so nice and I really felt bad for him, he was very frustrated on the call. He kept trying different things in the system, but no matter what he did the discount wouldn't work. He finally told me, which he probably shouldn't have done, that they get very upset because when Disney makes these announcements because it's for such a small number of rooms at each resort that it's really hard to even stand a chance sometimes at getting the discount. He then kindly offered to check to see what was available at other resorts, but honestly I'm happy where I am. I love going to Disney World, but having worked in customer service myself it's easy to put out these mass announcements when you're not the one on the other end of the phone having to deal with customers. Now, obviously I booked when there was no discount so the 20% off offer would have just been a cherry on top for me, but come on Disney, this is basically false advertising. If you have several resorts that aren't close to being filled, only offer the discount at those places. Don't set your employees up for having to deal with upset customers because you made it look like you have a product that you don't have. The whole thing reminds me of when I was a kid and Toys R Us would come out with their black Friday adds- there was only one of an item, but 100 people in line, and the employees had to deal with the potential fallout.

OK, book it online if your price is cheaper.

Dave
I already have an existing reservation. The website wont let me revise my reservation online; I have to call in. We cannot figure out why it would theoretically let me book a brand new reservation and be $1200 cheaper than having the CM edit my current reservation to the new package details.

Sorry for the long post, don't know if anyone else has run into this today. I called in this morning and at 8:45am the message said that there was a 90 minute hold, I was taken off hold at 10:30am. I already had a reservation for Wilderness Lodge that I made a few months ago and was hoping to apply this morning's released 20% room only discount to it, we'll be there at the very end of Sept into the first week of Oct (no free dining for us). The cast member was so nice and I really felt bad for him, he was very frustrated on the call. He kept trying different things in the system, but no matter what he did the discount wouldn't work. He finally told me, which he probably shouldn't have done, that they get very upset because when Disney makes these announcements because it's for such a small number of rooms at each resort that it's really hard to even stand a chance sometimes at getting the discount. He then kindly offered to check to see what was available at other resorts, but honestly I'm happy where I am. I love going to Disney World, but having worked in customer service myself it's easy to put out these mass announcements when you're not the one on the other end of the phone having to deal with customers. Now, obviously I booked when there was no discount so the 20% off offer would have just been a cherry on top for me, but come on Disney, this is basically false advertising. If you have several resorts that aren't close to being filled, only offer the discount at those places. Don't set your employees up for having to deal with upset customers because you made it look like you have a product that you don't have. The whole thing reminds me of when I was a kid and Toys R Us would come out with their black Friday adds- there was only one of an item, but 100 people in line, and the employees had to deal with the potential fallout.
Similiar with my talk with a CM today. She said that not only was the offer that I had from earlier this year (Fun and Sun 15%) was better than the 10% currently offered, but that my resort didn't qualify for FD any more (despite it being offered in January), and that there was super limited availablity. She looked into the discounts for me and said because of the increase in ticket prices it would cost me more to use any of these discounts. It's got to be frustrating for them to have people wait on the phone for an hour plus and then be told "sorry you wasted your time". Obviously she kept appologizing, and I told her, it was no big deal, I already have the room I want and a discount, was just looking for a potentially better deal, but it must have been a rough morning for these poor CMs.

Anyone have luck with applying AP rates?
I have AP voucher not activated yet, so it won't let me search any AP rates online. So wondering if anyone called for it and what kind of rate?

On now with a CM, I have a split stay and he managed to get my 20% discount at YC for the first night. He says mine was the first he could get to go through the system ALL DAY LONG. He's looking at an error screen constantly as well. I'm on hold as he tries to get the second portion of my stay the discount. Fingers crossed!

Anyone have luck with applying AP rates?
I have AP voucher not activated yet, so it won't let me search any AP rates online. So wondering if anyone called for it and what kind of rate?

I did better with the AP rates as they apply the weekends as well.

Opinion please? I tried modifying existing rack rate to the AP Fall rate. It says online to Modify my reservation I need to call. I am getting repeated busy signal. Would you book a brand new room with the discount and cancel the "old" res? Or would you keep trying to call and modify? I would consider making the new one, but only if the funds go back fairly quickly to my account. Just hate the possibility of my room not being available later with the AP discount just because of a busy signal on the phone.

Similiar with my talk with a CM today. She said that not only was the offer that I had from earlier this year (Fun and Sun 15%) was better than the 10% currently offered, but that my resort didn't qualify for FD any more (despite it being offered in January), and that there was super limited availablity. She looked into the discounts for me and said because of the increase in ticket prices it would cost me more to use any of these discounts. It's got to be frustrating for them to have people wait on the phone for an hour plus and then be told "sorry you wasted your time". Obviously she kept appologizing, and I told her, it was no big deal, I already have the room I want and a discount, was just looking for a potentially better deal, but it must have been a rough morning for these poor CMs.

This is why I'm going to just be happy with the FD we have already booked. I thought that maybe we could save money, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I was able to get CSR to pop on the room discount online, standard room, 8 nights-savings of a few hundred over our 9 night FD stay at YC.

Those poor CM's they are having a hard day to be sure!

I already have an existing reservation. The website wont let me revise my reservation online; I have to call in. We cannot figure out why it would theoretically let me book a brand new reservation and be $1200 cheaper than having the CM edit my current reservation to the new package details.
Just remember there are usually a limited # of rooms with any offer.
I would not hesitate to book a new reservation online and then cancel the old one if I wanted to get the new discount.
When I cancel online I print out a couple of the screens that pop up. I like to have the old reservation# and the exact amount of the refund going back on my card. My refund has appeared in about 10 days.

I called and could not get room discount in late October for BWI. I went online and did brand new reservation and just altered my dates by one day and I was able to book the Fall room offer. I would try online and alter the dates if you can

I called in and was on hold for an hour to see if my res qualified for free dining, but when the CM was checking the call booted me to the survey 😔
Guess I gotta try again...

Opinion please? I tried modifying existing rack rate to the AP Fall rate. It says online to Modify my reservation I need to call. I am getting repeated busy signal. Would you book a brand new room with the discount and cancel the "old" res? Or would you keep trying to call and modify? I would consider making the new one, but only if the funds go back fairly quickly to my account. Just hate the possibility of my room not being available later with the AP discount just because of a busy signal on the phone.
I would book a new one and cancel the old one. The deposit will be put back on the credit card you used. Thats what I would do.

Also, try to log out and log back in. use a different browser. Search for a new room. Sometimes, this resets that message of having to call in and the Change reservation shows back up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter