Pete thinks Fall Discounts will be released in the not so distant future....

Kimberle

WL Vet
For those that don't know, Pete is the owner of these boards and owner (with John) of Dreams Unlimited Travel.

He says fall bookings are NOT what Disney expected with the release of SW:GE. He thinks they will need to release discount(s) to make their numbers.

He has a lot of Disney "contacts" and his travel agency is one of the larger Disney ones, so, he's a good one to "listen" to....

Crossing Fingers!!

(He posted on his FB page.)

so is he saying that disney doesn't have many people booking for this fall?

hoping they release the discounts soon. were paying way to much imo at pop this sept

Yeah despite what Disney CM's might tell you on the reservation line, there is pretty much wall to wall open availability at nearly every resort from September through November.

A lot of people pushed off their trips in the fall season because they figured SW:GE wasn't going to be open until December-ish, couple that with the other group of people who are waiting for the land to be completely open, WDW is showing very weak resort occupancy by Disney standards from Sept onwards.

yup our week, last week of October is showing a lot of availability. I'm hoping to get a discount, but booked what I could live with if I don't.

Eyes wide open; Persistently checking for Fall Discount. Thank U for sharing!

I know no guarantee, but any idea day of week they usually release?

I'm hoping for a November discount, but I am not expecting it for Thanksgiving week. If they do have one we might upgrade back to deluxe. Happy at POP if not, though!

We are going Labor Day weekend and had the trip planned before SWGE was announced. We were looking to add another night to the front of our trip so I had been looking at rates on and off for awhile before finally booking an agency exclusive through a TA for that one night. Just out of curiosity, I looked at our dates again and there is so much more availability than there was before I stopped looking a couple of weeks ago. I can’t help but think there will be discounts.

I booked my end of September trip 1 day before they dropped the news of SWGE opening and before they pulled their already in place discounts. I ended up with an excellent rate for Coronado, I've since added a night at Pop but it's the same rate that I'm paying at Coronado. I'd like to upgrade from both of these properties so I'm watching patiently for any discounts.

As an indicator where area bookings might currently be Hotwire shows some great Hotwire Deals for the end of September.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek $82
Hilton Bonnet Creek $116
Waldorf Astoria $260

They even have the Dolphin listed at a regular published rate at $182

I am also watching. I am booked for the new Grand Destino Tower for five nights in September followed by 5 nights at regular standard room at CRS. I got the offer through the WDW UK website and the prices for the tower are way lower from what I would have payed through other websites. Nevertheless I would like to change my 5 nights at the standard CRS room to AK or WL. Keeping my fingers crossed!

As someone with an 8 night trip already booked in late September, YAY let the crowds stay small!!

Yup mid September for us. We booked for low crowds and free dining before SWGE announcement. Though for some reason I don’t see tons of room availability. I hope I didn’t pick an outlier week.

Yup mid September for us. We booked for low crowds and free dining before SWGE announcement. Though for some reason I don’t see tons of room availability. I hope I didn’t pick an outlier week.

Just curious, what week are visiting? We’re considering adding a short trip in Sept.

Interesting. We'll be there the first week in November, and there doesn't seem to be much availability then. If they do release discounts, I hope that week isn't excluded!

is there a certain time of the day discounts get released?

midnight?
7AM?
Other?

and it is my understanding that the only way to apply a newly released discount to your existing rack rate room is to call and have them do it over the phone. (Can't be done in MDE?)

That being said, does it make more sense, if my room type is available, to make a brand new room reservation on-line at the discounted rate (where i don't have to wait on hold for an hour only to find out my room type sold out) and then just cancel the original rack rate room? I would think this won't mess with all my ADRs since those are tied to people and not rooms.

is there a certain time of the day discounts get released?

midnight?
7AM?
Other?

and it is my understanding that the only way to apply a newly released discount to your existing rack rate room is to call and have them do it over the phone. (Can't be done in MDE?)

That being said, does it make more sense, if my room type is available, to make a brand new room reservation on-line at the discounted rate (where i don't have to wait on hold for an hour only to find out my room type sold out) and then just cancel the original rack rate room? I would think this won't mess with all my ADRs since those are tied to people and not rooms.
I can’t help you on the time, but you may be able to modify your existing reservation online if you see the “Change Reservation” option under your reservation information on the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter