Pete thinks Fall Discounts will be released in the not so distant future....

What I'm not understanding is I am currently booked at POP! 10/22-10/30 with 5 days of tix my current rate is $3,054.58... When I click on the fall discount it make my trip MORE expensive $3,342.54
How does that make any sense?

I tried calling to see if its a glitch and of course all circuits are busy :confused:

That’s what Disney calls ‘Magic Math’. Thinks we won’t notice . LOL. Couldn’t get a room only to work on my favor for our travel dates

So I actually got through to a CM rather quickly just now and they said that even on the phone they cannot make changes right now due to “magical enhancements” and to try back this afternoon.

Hopefully the “I.T. Fairies” will sort this out soon.

Blah. So much incompetence. If we survive the trip I have planned, I’m never planning Disney again. If we go, I’ll schedule at 61 days and not a day sooner.

Why? There are some reporting cheaper prices having booked prior to the room rate increase at the start of the year.

I had a split stay in November, POP and CBR, it was difficult to try and change on my phone. So I have refunds coming and was able to rebook at CSR.

So finally got through. However, my current Sun and Fun is still much better than anything that popped up today.
So for those that already have the Sun and Fun.... just keep it. :flower1:
FYI.... I had booked in January.... long before rate increases or SWGE announcements! ;)

After kicking myself for not checking this morning before I went to work, I tried going on-line and over the phone a little before 9:30. Couldn't get through on the phone despite 188 attempts (try again button on iPhone was very helpful).

I would frequently get room availability on-line but as soon as I would try to book it would say it couldn't. This went on for at least an hour. I tried different browsers and it was always the same. Sometimes I got to the "select" option and sometimes it would stop before then and just stay with the check availability option with an error message saying it couldn't book right now.

Finally persistence paid off and I was able to get Boardwalk standard at 20% off from 11/14-11/21. Still more expensive than I would normally pay but will probably keep it.

Even that was a struggle. At first it took my info and then added to my cart but would not let me check out. After about 15-20 minutes the checkout button became selectable. I have confirmation email but the plans aren't showing up yet in MDE. I have another trip booked in September that I will cancel, but both should show, correct? I'll give that time as long as I have the confirmation email.

There was some club level rooms available at some of the Epcot resorts for only a few days at a time but nothing else for the AP discount so I just went with the 20% off. I don't think there were any weekend availability for the couple of weekends I tried for the AP discount.

I would book a new one and cancel the old one. The deposit will be put back on the credit card you used. Thats what I would do.

Also, try to log out and log back in. use a different browser. Search for a new room. Sometimes, this resets that message of having to call in and the Change reservation shows back up.

You are a lifesaver! Changing the browser worked perfectly! Thank you!!

Finally got through, not much of a savings, but every little bit helps... now if I could just get the magic band order to work right, lol:rolleyes:

Got through to a CM. She said I would have to get 4 day park hoppers to get the free dining. Is this true? I only need 2 day hoppers.

Got through to a CM. She said I would have to get 4 day park hoppers to get the free dining. Is this true? I only need 2 day hoppers.
Yes it is true. To take advantage of this free dining offer, guests must book a 5-night stay that includes theme park tickets with Park Hopper for each guest.

This is a minimum of 4 days of Park hopper tickets.

Dave

Yes it is true. To take advantage of this free dining offer, guests must book a 5-night stay that includes theme park tickets with Park Hopper for each guest.

This is a minimum of 4 days of Park hopper tickets.

Dave

The wording on the website suggests 5 nights. But you can even book a 4 night stay for the fd.

Online showed no availability for discounts when I went to modify my reservations. I was considering changing everything to avoid my rack rates. I decided to call and see if a cast member could help. It took me twenty minutes of calling to finally get to join the cue. It kept telling me to call back. :crazy2: Toughing it out on the phone paid off! The super nice cast member was able to apply the discount to my reservations without changing a thing! So excited!! I was able to knock $935 off!

Yesterday I was so bummed about having to pay rack rate! This has really perked me up!! :love:

I only needed one night as I'd booked the rest of the trip via Priceline back in December when they had all those deep discounts. Today was my FP+ day so I was already online (which were wide open, I think I'm not gonna worry about crowds). I didn't even go on other sites first, so I just happened to notice the discount. No problem at all modifying my existing reservation and saved $22 on Port Orleans French Quarter. I could have saved a little more going to one of the other moderates but that's fine. Any discount helps!

Actually relieved.... finally discounts are out.... even if it didn't save me any.
NOW.... we can actually focus on the trip itself.... Got a couple ADRs, including Rose and Crown for the last Illuminations..... ::yes::
Given up on the Premium Magic Bands.... will do the free solid colors.
next up..... Fast Passes. haha:crazy:
Disney really has not made this easy anymore!

Pete was Right. Just call him Pete the Prophet. We were able to save a little over $500. Was not able to take advantage of the Free Dining as our check-in date was one day too early for one of the windows but we couldn't change our travel dates. Since we would had to upgrade to Park Hoppers anyway our unrealized savings wasn't too large.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter