Packing List For Campers

for someone who is renting an rv in orlando and who's trip begins in texas is it a bad idea to ship some things before the trip? anyone ever done that?

I have had freinds ride there bikes from the east coast to the west coast and they shipped stuff out to the west coast picked it up and and shipped stuff back to the east cost. To save room on there bikes.

We have a couple of rubbermaid containers that hold our camping stuff....our bug spray, plates, spatula, TP, laterns, radio, trash bags....etc. They're always packed and ready to go! The only things that aren't in there are our roasting sticks (too long to keep in there), the tent and sleeping bags. Before we go camping we will double check to make sure we have enough of everything in there but for the most part we just grab and go. And anytime we find something new we need we just add it!

A couple of things not on the list; tin foil, a small dustpan and broom (the little ones for sweeping up the pile of dirt off the floor) to get the dirt out of the tent, and games (we have a Jenga knock-off).

Dont forget your golf cart!!!!!!!!!!

HPIM1419.jpg

I didn't see the white drinking water hose listed. Maybe it should be added. :thumbsup2

Ipod with earphones.... keeps the DH from having to listen to my "weird stuff" as he calls it.... why would ANYONE consider the DISUnplugged "weird"?? Sheesh....

I've also found a neat site that has lots of individual packets available.Here is the site:

http://www.minimus.biz/

Great site. Thanks.

One thing I do when camping (not necessarily at FW) is mix salt, onion powder, pepper, garlic powder and anything else you like into one small shaker, then you have all the necessary spices together. It works well when you're carrying stuff on your back.

Ear plugs

We were at a large, popular private campground this weekend, and even with the AC in our popup I could still hear music, dogs, people, hammering on friday morning at 7AM, etc. I am a sound sleeper but it's hard for me to fall asleep with certain noises like music or tv. After 2 days of not sleeping well I remembered the ear plugs packed away in our "medical stuff" drawer.

Also, don't forget your pots & pans like we did. I took them out of the popup when we went on a school trip with meals provided and forgot to put them back in for our next trip. The only thing we could cook was hot dogs!

Crock Pot

Electric Skillet or Griddle

Crazy as this sounds.... a small microwave (if you have room).

Small Portable Gas Grill (for those of us too impatient to use charcoal)

We've also packed a small fridge. It comes in handy to keep the beer & margaritas (er...uh...soda) in!!

Coming in a tent? Bring a FAN!!! (it gets hot in Florida)

PAPER PLATES!

..MOLE SKIN...Always have it on hand ! 2'nd best invention ,,1'st best ,Toilet Paper .

Get a very detailed list, way ahead of time. Have everyone in your party check it and add their 2 cents. As you plan your trip, especially your meals, think about every detail for each task and add to the list. When packing the camper, actually check off the list. In the past, i have always forgot a few things. When I can only have about 7 days at the fort, every minute is just priceless, so i hate to have to go to town for anything. On one trip, I took my tent but forgot that my tent stakes were in a seperate bag. I went to walmart and the trafic was unbelievable. Walmart was so crowded. It took me 2 hours to get a few things. Thats 2 precious hours lost! I am determined to not forget anything this time. :teacher:

Laundry hamper - on that folds up really small. There are 5 of us so when clothes are dirty they go right into this hamper and once it is full I just carry it to the laundry room. It keeps our camp site tidy and I have an easy way to carry dirty clothes to be clean. Plus when not using it is the size of a frizbee.

Toys for the kids - outside and inside. Nothing worse then bored children

Table cloth and clips

shoe bucket - my kids take sneakers, flip flops, crocs, so I have a container for the shoes right outside the door so they can take them off before they enter or right when they are leaving.

cooler just for drinks and one just for food.- the kids actually have their own cooler with drinks and snacks. They are always hungry so instead of them going into the camper to get snacks they can just get them out of their cooler.

My list is changing as we are going from Tent Camping to camping in our brand new pop up camper.

I'm curious to know how some other campers do some things like condiments and what not. It seems that whenever we camp our mayo, mustard and other stuff no matter how small a container I buy is left over. I am a bachelor and don't cook too much at home so between trips these things may not stay fresh.

This is going to sound chincy but I have been getting some small packets like mayo, catsup and mustard from restaurants and keeping it in a bag I can put in the house. Things like those small containers of Smucker's jelly and honey seem to make sense for those of us who have a small camping family. I just hate to see a whole bottle of these things go to waste and have to buy more. I keep the Splenda, Equal and sugar in a bag as well that I put in the house.

Coffee stirrers in the plastic wrapper are good from Mickey D's and I always get a few moist wipettes from Sonny's which are a great thing to have anywhere if you don't have a place to wash up before eating.

I got blasted on my thread about parking in the overflow lot the night before we checked in so I hope nobody filet's me on this. I don't like take handfuls from 1 place. I usually get 1 or 2 at a time so it's not taking too much. I just don't ever see these things in Costco or whatever to buy like this. I think we're all familiar with how things like this don't keep well in a closed up camper that sits in the sun. Any other ideas???????

There is a website called "minimus.biz" that sells individual packets of all kinds of stuff like that. You can order as few or as many of each little item that you like.

Carol/Wunderwoman

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter