Packing List For Campers

Thanks for bumping this thread. Reminded me I need to get a couple flashlights for our stay in the cabins and make sure I pack the bug repellent. Just wondering how bad the bugs are in April. Should I maybe think about packing some bug repelling candles to use on the deck?

There are no open flames allowed. I believe there are other types of bug deterrents. I've never been bother by bugs there. But never say never.

2goofycampers said:
There are no open flames allowed. I believe there are other types of bug deterrents. I've never been bother by bugs there. But never say never.

Would those candles in the tins (citronella) be considered an open flame?

So glad for this thread. I keep refining my list. Thanks everybody. I have two air conditioners for our two tents. Friends were laughing about that. I told them they obviously have never been to Disney in the Summer.

What do you carry your stuff to the bath houses in?

I bought canvas (plastic inside liner) shower bags from Bed, Bath and Beyond a few years ago. I like the soft sided ones for storing vs. hard plastic. The top is open so I can grab my soap, shampoo etc. while showering...no zipper which helps to air out the bag after each shower. If it gets "yucky" after time I just throw it in the wash with the bath towels and it's like new.

I also bought these mesh bags again a few yrs. back from Target $1 spot or you can get a grocery recycle bag for $.99 and I place my clothes and towel in this bag to go to the showers. It's so much easy to take all you need to the showers vs. a duffle bag of clothes that do not fit very well in a small space in the comfort station.

We've been doing this for yrs.:thumbsup2

Thanks for all the camping supplies suggestions. We are thinking of camping for the first time (aside from our backyard) at the Fort next year. I've heard that you need sand stakes for the tent. What are those? I've gone to the various sporting good stores and just get a blank look when I ask them.

Thanks for all the camping supplies suggestions. We are thinking of camping for the first time (aside from our backyard) at the Fort next year. I've heard that you need sand stakes for the tent. What are those? I've gone to the various sporting good stores and just get a blank look when I ask them.
also called snow stakes.....they are wider for a better grip

also called snow stakes.....they are wider for a better grip

Thanks. Are they the bigger plastic yellow stakes? All I find at the stores in my area are either the plastic yellow or a longer aluminum that's similar to the plastic yellow.

I'd love to have a more compact full packing list. If anyone has spare time and would like to get started/help, the camping board and I would be grateful.

I'd love to have a more compact full packing list. If anyone has spare time and would like to get started/help, the camping board and I would be grateful.
Is about time to make my packing list, anyway. I'll read through the whole thread this weekend if nobody else gets to it first.

I'm curious to know how some other campers do some things like condiments and what not. It seems that whenever we camp our mayo, mustard and other stuff no matter how small a container I buy is left over. I am a bachelor and don't cook too much at home so between trips these things may not stay fresh.

This is going to sound chincy but I have been getting some small packets like mayo, catsup and mustard from restaurants and keeping it in a bag I can put in the house. Things like those small containers of Smucker's jelly and honey seem to make sense for those of us who have a small camping family. I just hate to see a whole bottle of these things go to waste and have to buy more. I keep the Splenda, Equal and sugar in a bag as well that I put in the house.

Coffee stirrers in the plastic wrapper are good from Mickey D's and I always get a few moist wipettes from Sonny's which are a great thing to have anywhere if you don't have a place to wash up before eating.

I got blasted on my thread about parking in the overflow lot the night before we checked in so I hope nobody filet's me on this. I don't like take handfuls from 1 place. I usually get 1 or 2 at a time so it's not taking too much. I just don't ever see these things in Costco or whatever to buy like this. I think we're all familiar with how things like this don't keep well in a closed up camper that sits in the sun. Any other ideas???????

I do the same thing! Add in coffee creamers from gas stations to that list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter