Packing List For Campers

Hey, thanks everybody. I got some good ideas for a couple things I hadn't thought of. I do have a big camping list but I know there are always little things that I forget or didn't think of. Heck...I forgot the beer and girly drinks!!! :rotfl2: lol Some one also posted something that made me think of glowsticks for my kids. :cool1: Thankfully I am not missing too much! Thanks again. :thumbsup2

Cathy

We just got back from a week in FW, so I thought I would add some items. It REALLY helps to have a list. For the first time in I don't know how many years, we weren't going to the Settlement or Meadow Trading Post for supplies, or worse, Super WalMart on 595.

Condiment packets for cookouts (it beats going to the trading post each trip)
Lysol
Pizza cutter (I just didn't know how useful that was going to be until I brought it!)

I am definitely going to print this list out and modify mine. Thanks so much!

...forgive me, but what were the uses of the pizza cutter (other than cuttin pizza)....TIA!!!:)

Don't forget extra alternator, power steering, etc. belts, antifreeze, volt meter, jumper cables, stop leak, and of course the all important tool chest.
We had our alternator stop working on the way to The Fort and had to use the jumper cables to jump from the coach batteries to the running battery.
On the way home, we had a belt break and punch a hole in the radiator. Luckily we were still on Disney property and had extra antifreeze and a belt on board. We were able to limp the unit back to The Fort.
I guess the main thing to bring is a husband that knows how to fix it when it breaks.
Seriously, we all have lists and each time we make the journey, we always add to it.

Debbie and Mike:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar

A laptop and internet card so you can give us realtime updates, about the great time you are having and best item you added to your list:rotfl:

Water filter.

Wine bottle opener! Have had to knock on a few doors before. :rotfl:

Extension cord.

Broom or small dustbuster vacuum, even if tent camping. The sand is aggravating.

Table cloth.

Clothesline and clips.

DIS member sign.

We are booked for Dec. 19-26. I have a Ford Fiesta hatchback & will be purchasing a roof bag carrier. My husband, daughter and I will be tent camping. I've been trying to scour these forums. I would include these items:

Lights for your bikes I plan on getting the cheap head lights from the camping section and using these attached to bikes for double duty.

I bought a heated mattress pad for my daughters single air mat on clearance yesterday for $13.00.

I also plan to bring an elec. blanket. That way I'm covered for possible cold front without packing loads of cover or bulky sleeping bags.

I haven't seen rock salt on any list. Rock salt added to an ice chest should keep ice longer.

If anyone has any advice on rooftop bags I would sure appreciate any input. I've always used a truck until now --- BIG difference!

thank you all for the ideas and entertainment. We will be tent camping with the cub scouts in November and I was going to start my own packing list. Now I have a great starting point to work from. No electric stuff for us as I understand the cub scouts camp at the primitive site.

My first post! :cool1:

It isn't even Christmas and I am already planning our June 2-10 camping trip. Oh yes. Fort Wilderness tent camping with my wife 3 daughters (14, 10, 5) and one son age 3. For this reason alone, I believe beer will be number 1 on my list. ::yes::

I think I will keep refining this list for awhile. I think I might love planning for my trips more than my trips!!

My first post! :cool1:

It isn't even Christmas and I am already planning our June 2-10 camping trip. Oh yes. Fort Wilderness tent camping with my wife 3 daughters (14, 10, 5) and one son age 3. For this reason alone, I believe beer will be number 1 on my list. ::yes::

I think I will keep refining this list for awhile. I think I might love planning for my trips more than my trips!!

For June you'll want an air conditioner and rain gear!

I also would suggest Tide Pods or the like, They are a little lighter (every bit counts) and you don't have to worry about spills!

I use one of these.....
Tote-Caddy-Healthcare.aspx

It's sturdy, holds a LOT, you can separate wet/dry stuff, and you can sit it on the floor if need be and it won't let water inside. Affordable too, I got it at one of the big box stores, I believe.

Thanks for bumping this thread. Reminded me I need to get a couple flashlights for our stay in the cabins and make sure I pack the bug repellent. Just wondering how bad the bugs are in April. Should I maybe think about packing some bug repelling candles to use on the deck?

"What do you carry your stuff to the bath houses in? "

I use an empty kitty litter container...the square kind with a lid and handle. I keep everything I might need in there" Shower shoes, shower cap, razors & shaving cream, tooth brush & paste, floss, hair brush and clips, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, net scrubbie, powder, deodorant, and some first aid stuff such as bandaids, antibacterial ointment, etc. for boo boos. This is kept on the camping shelves at home and just tossed in with the tent, etc. when time to go camping. I can even sit on it if I have to wait in line for a shower or to shave my legs. In the tent it goes under my cot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter