Packing List For Campers

Fantastic thread!!! I have wrote everyones suggestions down and will use this when our time comes.....I know I will be so excited that I will forget everything. Now I have it all written down and shouldn't forget them.....but who knows...lol. Thank you everyone for your contribution , it is greatly appreciated by this disney family.

When we go to parks we always take big freezer bags. Space bags would work better. The big ones are large enough for us to put cameras and shoes in before a water ride. Wet shoes cause blisters and blisters ruin the whole day. I wonder how to carry around a pair of flip flops around disney for quick changes on the rides? I dont see how people wear them as their primary shoe on an all day march like DW.

Wayne
Aquayne

Logan, WV

Uh, hello, how is it that neon palm trees haven't made the list yet!? Seems to be a pretty basic necessity to me! :goodvibes:

Coming late to the party here and hope this is the right place for this (new to the boards) but wanted to add a few things for those traveling with your dogs...

Vet records - especially proof of recent rabies vaccine

Extra leashes/collars - good idea to add an extra tag with your FW info/cell number

Enough food for your stay - particularly if you feed premium food that you can't get at a grocery store/walmart

Treats - extra yummy ones can help with a dog that's not so good at adapting to new places/routines

Favorite toys - you might want to leave the REALLY loud squeaky ones at home for the sake of your neighbors :rotfl:

Crate/bed or whatever your dog is used to sleeping in/on

KONGS or other safe, stuffable chew toys - perfect for dogs not used to longer days in the kennel or your camper.

*TIP - freeze your dog's meals in kongs the night before. Turns mealtime into a much longer, more entertaining event to help your dog pass the time. If you feed just dry food, mix it up with a wee bit of plain yogurt to help it "stick".

Plenty of clean up bags (please, please, please ALWAYS clean up after your dog!)

Some other miscellaneous stuff:
- find out where the nearest emergency animal hospital is and keep that number/directions handy
- good idea to put a "Animals inside" sticker on your camper door with your cell number on it, just in case anything happens while you're out at the parks

i am not a camper but just ran accross an item that i would not do without if i were.

for times when it may be a little chilly at night. the greatest little propane gas heater that can be used outside or inside. it uses 1 lb propane gas cylinders that just screw into place or can be connected to a 20 lb cylinder with a hose. it is made by "mr. heater" and is sold by hardware, or tractor stores or any store that sells hunting supplys. it is extremely light weight and has a handle to carry it by.

i actually bought one of these to put in my office to take the chill off on cold winter days, and another to have at my home for the same purpose or if the power goes out. it is a 5,000 to 8,000 btu heater and is 7"d x 15"w x 15"h and it only weighs 7lbs. this is easy enough for anyone to handle. i just love mine. ;)

happy camping:woohoo:

We have just recent switched from tent camping to our new to us pop up;) but what I have found to be helpful since I tend to get very busy just before any length of camping trip and we almost always seemed to forget something that ended up in us having to find a Walmart or something- I made up a checklist on my computer and I print one out the week before we leave and post it on my fridge. Having 4 active boys, 2 hyper dogs and a DH who works nights- almost all of the packing falls to me- I get it so all DH has to do is load the stuff in the back of the truck and we're off- hopefully on time.

I try to pre-cook all of our meals too so all I have to do is heat them up- sloppy joes, taco meat, even pot roast! I'll mix and form burgers (my kids dont like the box ones) and wrap them up to freeze then they get burried in the cooler under all the ice :-) Not having to take the time cooking at camp really saves time- thogh the week before gets crazy cause I feel like all I am doing is laundry and cooking for a week straight:rotfl2:

One thing that I will not go camping without is some form of handheld games for my boys- they usually only get them at bedtime but it lets them unwind and lets me have some peace and quiet with a nice cold beer.... soda, yeah thats it- soda;) I made the mistake of not having anything to occupy them on our first trip and it rained for an entire day- they were driving me crazy within an hour. Our first trip to FL (before we moved here) I actually brought a small tv and hte XBox- boy was I glad when a major storm hit and they were quietly occupied for the entire day!:worship:

Another thing I've found to be helpful is an intant set dining canopy preferably with screening- helps keep the bugs out of your food :-)

I know we are also adding those foam mattress toppers to our list for this trip- not to mention PLENTY of chew toys for the dogs :-) keeps them happy and occupied!!! One of my puppy's favorite is called a Chilly Bone. Its a canvas bone that you can soak in water or juice nd freeze- really helps with teething pups :-) For an extra special treat I'll soak it in chicken broth for a little more flavor :-)

Sorry for the novel- I tend to get super excited when I start planning camping trips :-)

Yikes! We aren't going to camp until a year from now but these items and lists are sure helpful! I can't wait to tell my hubbie to check it out so thank you everyone!!!:flower3:

As stated on other posts, making lists and preparing in advance is a huge lifesaver!!!:thumbsup2

I have a continuous typed list for the RV with items that remain in place in between trips check prior and restock it following trips.

Also I have:

Rubbermaid container for non-perishable foods (packed night before)
Container for kitchen items (plates, spices, paper products, utensils, soap)
Last-in, first-out container for everything to quickly hook up camper
(rubber blocks, wood, mallet, knee pad, leveler, bungees, extension
cords,bright flashlight)
Small container for doggy stuff (toys, leashes, bowls, bags, treats)

I make a list of clothes because I always overpack and learned the hard way not to do this camping. Now I underpack and wash at the campground. I have two boys in same size clothes that work out great.

I know it sounds like alot of containers but they fit right in place in the camper or if needed in back of your truck, SUV or car trunk. All you have to do when u get to camp is set-up. Every container is labeled and has a place.

The week prior to camping, I make a menu with the family and pack as much non-perishables as possible then all we need is to stop and get dairy and meat items. Pre-made frozen meals are great too.:angel:

We have found that a food saver vacuum sealer or similar to be extremely convenient. Once the bag is sealed it can be buried in the ice even when melted and no danger of cross contamination. It is best to make, seal while warm, freeze immediately. It is much better than baggies, they always leak under even mild rough treatment.

worms

do you prefer born 2 or can I call you Frank? :lmao:

bobberwht.gif

Any other suggestions for those of us staying in the cabins? What should I pack?

Also - How many plugs are there in the cabins? We will have 3 phones, 2 digital cameras, and who knows what else? Do I need a muliti-plug?

That is a great tip. We are new to camping so any sort of compact camping that I can learn is helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter