Packing List For Campers

irishbosoxfan

<font color=red>BL II - Red Team<br><font color=te
I know a lot of people have questions about what they should bring for camping at FW so I thought wouldn't it be great if we could all help out!! I know for me personally I have gone over my list 100 times and I'm still sure I'm forgetting something!

I have broken the list down into 3 sections--Park,Personal and Campsite and I tried to make it so someone could print it out if they wanted!

PARK

rain ponchos
stroller
hats
sunscreen
water bottles
water bottle straps
umbrella
2 way radios
camera
film(memory cards)
big pens
autograph books
baby wipes
bubbles

PERSONAL

bathing suit
towels
shorts
shirts
sweatpants
sweatshirt
jacket
underwear
socks
sandals
sneakers
kids tylenol
first aid kit
soap
shampoo
deodorant
toothpaste
toothbrush
hairbrush
hairclips
tylenol
chapstick
benadryl
caladryl
feminine hygiene products
razors
inhaler(I'm asthmatic)

CAMPSITE

lantern
flaslight
repellant
charcoal
extension cord
rope
axe
trashbags
plates
cups
silverware(plastic)
ziploc bags
cooler
paper towels
sleeping bags(sheets+blankets)
pillows
tent,poles,stakes
matches
batteries
tarps
knife
chairs
dishrag
dishpan
rubber hammer
extra stakes
broom+dustpan
tablecloth+clips
small rug
grill brush
tape
cell phone charger
alarm clock
clothespins
air mattresses
power strip

:thumbsup2
Also on my list:
Camping stove
Spatula
extra mantles for the lantern (ours have torn on multiple trips)
air compressor
clothesline
toiletry bags to carry to comfort stations
mosquito coil
timer & Christmas lights so you don't need to bring a flashlight with you to EMH!

Great idea! I'll make it a sticky for awhile, and see how it goes! Everyone, feel free to post your camping lists here! :cool1:

You all have forgot the one well maybe two..
lots of money..
Beer or a mixed drink for you that don't drink beer.:thumbsup2:rotfl2::thumbsup2

Kerosene for the lantern--I can't tell ya how many times we forgot ours.
Lights that hang from rope

We just got back from a week in FW, so I thought I would add some items. It REALLY helps to have a list. For the first time in I don't know how many years, we weren't going to the Settlement or Meadow Trading Post for supplies, or worse, Super WalMart on 595.

Condiment packets for cookouts (it beats going to the trading post each trip)
Lysol
Pizza cutter (I just didn't know how useful that was going to be until I brought it!)

I am definitely going to print this list out and modify mine. Thanks so much!

Park tickets
Ftwildernessgirl
Ftwildernessdog
Favorite adult beverage
Toilet paper

Everything else is just extra! :thumbsup2

When we stayed at the cabins we noticed that you may want to bring a few more pots. and also serving bowls they only give you like 3 pots and one serving platter.

I haven't been out this year yet but am going this weekend. Beer, Beer oh yea, beer! Other than that a cooler for the beer that can go onto the boat!

Really, bug spray, a lighter stick for the camper and another for outside, I like to start my campfires with flares. It really works if you failed girl scouts. It will start wet wood.

I like to bring precooked foods so all I have to do is heat it up. Spag and meatballs, potato packs, etc.

A jacket for at night and jeans and more bug spray. Extra batteries and white gas.

If you stay in the cabins you will not need ice trays,the fridge has a automatic ice maker. :banana:

pooh4me said:
If you stay in the cabins you will not need ice trays,the fridge has a automatic ice maker. :banana:

'knock, knock', "can I borrow some ice cubes?" :rotfl:

I know something I no longer can be with out

Sudoku and Kakuro puzzle books.

If anyone was at WDW in Feb/March 2006 that was me in the lines working a Kakuro puzzle..it really help pass the line standing time.

I'm curious to know how some other campers do some things like condiments and what not. It seems that whenever we camp our mayo, mustard and other stuff no matter how small a container I buy is left over. I am a bachelor and don't cook too much at home so between trips these things may not stay fresh.

This is going to sound chincy but I have been getting some small packets like mayo, catsup and mustard from restaurants and keeping it in a bag I can put in the house. Things like those small containers of Smucker's jelly and honey seem to make sense for those of us who have a small camping family. I just hate to see a whole bottle of these things go to waste and have to buy more. I keep the Splenda, Equal and sugar in a bag as well that I put in the house.

Coffee stirrers in the plastic wrapper are good from Mickey D's and I always get a few moist wipettes from Sonny's which are a great thing to have anywhere if you don't have a place to wash up before eating.

I got blasted on my thread about parking in the overflow lot the night before we checked in so I hope nobody filet's me on this. I don't like take handfuls from 1 place. I usually get 1 or 2 at a time so it's not taking too much. I just don't ever see these things in Costco or whatever to buy like this. I think we're all familiar with how things like this don't keep well in a closed up camper that sits in the sun. Any other ideas???????

I, too, collect lots of individual packets for camping. I've also found a neat site that has lots of individual packets available. I ordered some of the medicines from here, too, and they come in handy without having to take everything in the house!

Here is the site:
http://www.minimus.biz/

...Really, bug spray, a lighter stick for the camper and another for outside, I like to start my campfires with flares. It really works if you failed girl scouts. It will start wet wood...

We call them flare thangys Boy Scout matches. And they work great.:laughing:

An Eagle Scout, and former scout leader. :cool2:

Battery chargers!

Cell phones, walkie-talkies, digital cameras, etc. will not last a whole week at Disney without some more juice.

...and for all us fellas. DO NOT forget the remote for the television. I've done that a few times and it makes me furious. Sorry ladies, it's a guy thing.:thumbsup2

We too take small packets, but we usually ask the waitress if we could take some extra packets and they have never said no. They usually look at us like we are nuts for asking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!