***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

SO mad at myself. We're doing a split-stay, so I can do rolling 60-day FP res. Today was MK. And I overslept, got online 1.5 hours late. :sad2: Still working on tweaking our touring plan now. Trying not to let it stress me out.

I bought a big plastic bin last night to hold stuff that am buying for our trip. I tend to buy things and misplace them! lol.
I have plastic zipper pouches to hold maps and other papers that i don't want to get wrinkled or damaged. I need everything intact for the scrapbook!
our Kmart looks like it is going out of business and the whole store is almost 50% off everything. We all got new bathing suits, beach towels, water shoes and summer clothes. I got the bins really cheap too.
And then we stocked up on non-perishables that we will be packing to take with us.
Chips, crackers, nuts, microwave popcorn, tuna pouches, beef jerky...you name it, it's coming with us! Any way to save a few bucks. We always seem to be starving as soon as we get back to our room, so this will make things a lot easier.
Sunscreen, lotion, bandaids, q-tips...lots of toiletries. Ziplocks, notebooks, pens, and highlighters...
The more I keep looking at this bin, I am wondering how the heck I think all of this will fit in our suitcases along with our clothes!
Oh well....42 days!!! The excitement is building!
Daily itinerary is planned, FP's are booked. No ADR's this time (except for Sci-Fi diner).
We are not big foodies, so after researching the offerings at the Food and wine Festival, I think we are going to skip most of it. It'll still be fun being there. We might snag a few desserts.
Still not sure if we are dressing up for the Halloween party. If anything, we might just do Disney Bound instead of costumes.
I think all that is left is to research a few quick service spots so we are not completely lost when it comes to lunches and dinners.
My kids planned out their outfits and took pictures so they know what to pack when it's time. I could do the same, but I know that will just lead to more shopping, as i will find an excuse to "need" something else.
Most of my trip clothes are Disney t-shirts, so planning is pretty easy.
Sorry if I am babbling...I just can't wait! This trip was so unexpected and it's still surreal that we are actually going!
I am a huge scrapbooker, so after today's baseball tournament, I will be spending the day organizing my Disney papers and stickers and getting ready for the 100's of pictures that will be taken!

Have a magical day!!!

The placing everything in a bin is a really good idea. I should probably do that. I've been thinking of all these things I need/want to take with. I know I'll forget half of it when I start to pack. LOL I's have to do that today.

On a side note, you say you're "a huge scrapbooker". Hopefully you have a Hobby Lobby near you, the most awesome arts and crafts store in the entire world, with everything you need to make your scrapbooking experience even more enjoyable. No, I'm not a scrapbooker myself. I work in the art/creative department for Hobby Lobby at their corporate office in Oklahoma City. So I'm biased. LOL

Oh no! I hope the storms last night didn't impact your sleep making you oversleep!

Well, not directly. My son is a drummer in a band, and they had their first EP release show scheduled last night. The heaviest part of the storm rolled in just as they were coming on stage, then the power went out after they were only able to play 3 songs. :sad1: It was a late start anyway (nearly 10pm), but then we waited awhile first to see if power would come back on, then had to wait for the river in the street to subside, and for the rain to let up in order to make the drive home. In bed well after midnight = not able to get up at 5 for FP.

I am VERY disappointed I overslept, but honestly, I'm more disappointed for those guys. They worked so hard on this show, and had a pretty good crowd attending.

Well, not directly. My son is a drummer in a band, and they had their first EP release show scheduled last night. The heaviest part of the storm rolled in just as they were coming on stage, then the power went out after they were only able to play 3 songs. :sad1: It was a late start anyway (nearly 10pm), but then we waited awhile first to see if power would come back on, then had to wait for the river in the street to subside, and for the rain to let up in order to make the drive home. In bed well after midnight = not able to get up at 5 for FP.

I am VERY disappointed I overslept, but honestly, I'm more disappointed for those guys. They worked so hard on this show, and had a pretty good crowd attending.
Aww I'm sorry that happened to your son what a bummer. It was some wicked rain and wind (because I've got woods in my backyard big storms like last night make my front and backyard look like a leaf/branch warzone). My mom lost power and still doesn't have any but there were thousands without power too. Glad you guys made it home safe!

On the FP plans part I hope all works out ok :flower1:. I know on mine some of them I tweaked them after I finished doing all of mine. I would go in and modify and adjust here and there though mostly I was tightening up the gaps. Modifying the FP times did give me times that weren't initially there when I first selected it but that wasn't the case with all of my FP selections.

SO mad at myself. We're doing a split-stay, so I can do rolling 60-day FP res. Today was MK. And I overslept, got online 1.5 hours late. :sad2: Still working on tweaking our touring plan now. Trying not to let it stress me out.

Don't be too mad. 1.5 hours wouldn't have made much difference.

I have a Cardboard box I have been stashing Disney Supplies in.

I just have to tell you all the conversation I had with my mother the other day driving home. Background Info: We use to live in Central Florida many many years ago. She has not been to the International drive / Disney area for probibly close to 30 years. She asked me if I was ready to go to Disney. I proceeded to tell her about having to do ADR's and FP selections. Having to deciding at which hotel to stay because there is got to be 25 different places to stay. I told her about Disney Springs and all the new things on International Drive. I said no one just 'goes" to Disney anymore. You have to plan it out like a combat mission.

Aww I'm sorry that happened to your son what a bummer. It was some wicked rain and wind (because I've got woods in my backyard big storms like last night make my front and backyard look like a leaf/branch warzone). My mom lost power and still doesn't have any but there were thousands without power too. Glad you guys made it home safe!

On the FP plans part I hope all works out ok :flower1:. I know on mine some of them I tweaked them after I finished doing all of mine. I would go in and modify and adjust here and there though mostly I was tightening up the gaps. Modifying the FP times did give me times that weren't initially there when I first selected it but that wasn't the case with all of my FP selections.

Thanks! I know there are lots around here that lost power. And I've seen lots and lots of branches down. We have 1 tree in our yard, so nothing there. And I have always loved the fact that our power lines are underground, so we very seldom lose it. Hope your mom gets her power on soon! It's too hot to be without!!

Don't be too mad. 1.5 hours wouldn't have made much difference.

That's what I'm telling myself. But you still wonder, you know? The only thing I didn't get that I really wanted was an early-ish 7DMT, only available ones were after 5pm, and I didn't want to use one of my 3 on a time that late. So we'll just plan to RD it, and all will be fine. I'm really pretty easy-going, and changing plans doesn't bother me horribly. I was just mad at myself for a bit. :P

Thanks! I know there are lots around here that lost power. And I've seen lots and lots of branches down. We have 1 tree in our yard, so nothing there. And I have always loved the fact that our power lines are underground, so we very seldom lose it. Hope your mom gets her power on soon! It's too hot to be without!!
Thank you! I think it's still off at this point. She did say there were some fairly decent-sized tree limbs blocking the road at the top of her street (these are big trees that create canopy) but I don't think anyone around her had cars or parts of their house damaged which was good.

At our house the powerlines are also buried underground and the only times we lost power is a disruption at the station itself but thankfully the power hasn't gone off for more than a few hours (twice) and other times for a split second whereas my mom has had days go by. And you're right it's just too dang hot to be without power :faint:

I just have to tell you all the conversation I had with my mother the other day driving home. Background Info: We use to live in Central Florida many many years ago. She has not been to the International drive / Disney area for probibly close to 30 years. She asked me if I was ready to go to Disney. I proceeded to tell her about having to do ADR's and FP selections. Having to deciding at which hotel to stay because there is got to be 25 different places to stay. I told her about Disney Springs and all the new things on International Drive. I said no one just 'goes" to Disney anymore. You have to plan it out like a combat mission.

:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl: @ combat mission!

Got everything I wanted at the time I wanted except frozen which I expected. I was still able to get it but later than I wanted. I'll keep checking. Not worried. Phew

I will say it would not let me do it on the website though. My window never opened there. I did it all, very easily on the app.

That's what I had, no problems on the app but the website was saying my tickets were not linked so I abandoned it and carries on with he app.

Very good point! I know my family has never experienced AK since they've been open past 5/6pm. And we always ended up missing out on either the Nemo show or Lion King. Park time is always precious! :smickey:

The last time I went it was a 6pm close and we had been there for park opening and still had things to do, couldn't understand those who referred to it as a half day park. Nemo and Lion King are great, going to be doing them again. I have one full day in the park and then I'm returning on the last full day of my trip to split the day between a AK and MK. That's the day for Pandora, still going to be there for rope drop so I can get Navi' River journey done and then I have time to have a look around Pandora before FoP.

I got my FoP by getting it first thing on FP day and I had it as the second to last day of my trip but I'm there for 14 nights so it was much easier for me, I know a lot of you are doing 4/5day trips so hopefully you'll get it.

The only thing I noticed with Sept AK times it that it says on the Disney site closing is at 9pm, sunset is around 7:20pm, I'm going to finish my Safari just before sunset and then have to dash to start queueing for RoL (I have a FP but they still say to get there early) which is 8:15pm acccording to Disney and then try and see a tree awakening before seeing Pandora at night. Need to find time to get to Satu'li canteen, all my plans seem to have me away from the area during lunch/dinner. :rotfl:

I'm also taking the Frozen sing-a-long out of my plans in HS, I got carried away doing everything but I've just watched in on YouTube, I'm not that fussed, would rather use the time to ride R'n'RC.

This trip has been like that but for my first trip, we had no ADR's, we stayed off site and we had paper FP with a rough idea of a touring plan. Having said that we missed the ends of all the fireworks to catch the buses back to the hotel, didn't really meet characters and missed out Fantasyland (the New Fantasyland was being built).
I guess the locals/regulars can "just go".

Squeezed a lot in this trip, still didn't get time to get Keys to the Kingdom tour in though.

I too have a Disney box ready to pack into a suitcase.

Last edited:
On a side note, you say you're "a huge scrapbooker". Hopefully you have a Hobby Lobby near you, the most awesome arts and crafts store in the entire world, with everything you need to make your scrapbooking experience even more enjoyable. No, I'm not a scrapbooker myself. I work in the art/creative department for Hobby Lobby at their corporate office in Oklahoma City. So I'm biased. LOL[/QUOTE]

I LOVE Hobby Lobby!! They are far better than Michael's or Joann's when it comes to stocking the scrapbooking stuff!!

See next post. Sorry. I wish they'd let you delete an entire post instead of just the text within it.

Last edited:
I LOVE Hobby Lobby!! They are far better than Michael's or Joann's when it comes to stocking the scrapbooking stuff!!

:offtopic: Thank you for supporting my paycheck. :laughing: :thanks: In all seriousness, our scrapbooking team (they're actually called our papercrafting team in the department) works really hard on those designs. I will pass your words along to the team as well as our management. Our department "manager" is the founder's daughter (who also happens to be one of the nicest people you'll ever meet!). I'm sure the compliment will find it's way to the appropriate people. If you're ever in the OKC area, give me a holler and I'll give you the grand tour. Seriously, thank you for shopping and supporting Hobby Lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter