***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

On a side note, you say you're "a huge scrapbooker". Hopefully you have a Hobby Lobby near you, the most awesome arts and crafts store in the entire world, with everything you need to make your scrapbooking experience even more enjoyable. No, I'm not a scrapbooker myself. I work in the art/creative department for Hobby Lobby at their corporate office in Oklahoma City. So I'm biased. LOL

Another scrapbooker here! So awesome that you work for Hobby Lobby corporate! I worked on the retail level for 10 years for Michaels, but have always loved HL too! And I can't wait to do my Disney book after September! :)

Wednesday is the big day for me and Rusty this week, we will be booking FP reservations!! Yet another milestone as we are moving closer and closer to vacation time!!

I'm excited for you guys. I hope you get everything you want. When you want.

But remember even if you don't, keep checking back. Two days later I was able to change my FEA from 350pm to 150pm and then again to 1155am the perfect time for us.

How much time are you leaving between FP selections? Say I get FoP at 9 do I book my next one at say 11? I want to make sure I leave enough time to wait for the first FP, ride and then be able get to the next one without rushing.

Why did I not think to look for this thread until now? We will be staying at BCV 9/16-9/23. Just picked my fastpasses last week and got everything I wanted except for Flight of Passage of course. I guess I'll have to rope drop that one. 54 days to go!

How much time are you leaving between FP selections? Say I get FoP at 9 do I book my next one at say 11? I want to make sure I leave enough time to wait for the first FP, ride and then be able get to the next one without rushing.

I assume you know a FP is good for an hour? So, say you book a ride at 9am. That FP is valid from 9-10am. And you cannot make another FP until 10am at the earliest. Each FP is good for an hour and cannot overlap. Does that help?

Why did I not think to look for this thread until now? We will be staying at BCV 9/16-9/23. Just picked my fastpasses last week and got everything I wanted except for Flight of Passage of course. I guess I'll have to rope drop that one. 54 days to go!

:welcome:

I actually tried to book one right after another to avoid gaps. I planned everything logistically so it was easy. Like Rusty said, each is good for an hour. So it's something like this

Peter Pan 11-12
7dmt 12-1
Under the sea 1-2

You can do Peter Pan at the end of the window and 7dmt at the beginning of the window. Less of a gap is less wasted time. Plus once you use your first three you can use the app to get a 4th.

I actually tried to book one right after another to avoid gaps. I planned everything logistically so it was easy. Like Rusty said, each is good for an hour. So it's something like this

Peter Pan 11-12
7dmt 12-1
Under the sea 1-2

You can do Peter Pan at the end of the window and 7dmt at the beginning of the window. Less of a gap is less wasted time. Plus once you use your first three you can use the app to get a 4th.

Same here. I mostly have about 5 minutes between just because of the times available. I do leave bigger gaps if we make reservations in different areas of the park and we plan to do other attractions between.

I actually have an ADR for TH for lunch on the day we're going. Planning on Friday, 9/22, so ROL was just added, and the dining package, as far as I know, hasn't been opened up yet. I think that will be my plan. Just have to keep checking on that package. :)
That's our day too and we have a TH lunch at 1:20... I'm about to check and see if I can change to a ROL pkg! I haven't been on the boards in a week (life Lol) and missed that they opened!! Hopefully we will see you there!

That's our day too and we have a TH lunch at 1:20... I'm about to check and see if I can change to a ROL pkg! I haven't been on the boards in a week (life Lol) and missed that they opened!! Hopefully we will see you there!

What?! A whole week?! I go through withdrawal after an hour lol.

Was just able to change my frozen ever after fast pass. I had a 350pm, wanted earlier. Just checked, like I always do, and there was an 1115am and a 1:50pm! :cool1:
What?! A whole week?! I go through withdrawal after an hour lol.
lol I know right!!! We had a ton going on this week and I barely had time to blink... then I spent my free time making plans bc my FP day was this past Saturday! Which by the way was a bit of a bummer for me! I could not get a FOP until our 6th day at 6:20... and didn't get a 7DMT until our 7th day and FEA at 4:20! I'm already checking like crazy to adjust times!!!

I was also trying to respond to your luck on getting an earlier FEA... remember about what times you were checking?

I actually was able to change it twice yesterday. On my fp day the earliest I could get was 350pm. It was the second day of our trip. Fp day was Friday. I checked constantly throughout the day. Yesterday prob about 630pm I was able to change it to either 1115am or 150pm. I picked 150pm. Then I checked again probably around 8pm and I was able to get 1155-1255pm which is perfect for us. We have Akershus at 11am and then will go to fea.

Check. Check often.

I'll consider myself very lucky it sounds like. FP day was today. Was able to land an evening FOP early in the trip (exactly what we hoped) and a morning FOP for our last full day at the parks. Have a noon at Akershus on one day and was able to land a 12:20-1:20 window for FEA. Was surprised at the availability based on everything I had read from other posters. Better to be lucky than good! Good luck to all!!!!!

I'll consider myself very lucky it sounds like. FP day was today. Was able to land an evening FOP early in the trip (exactly what we hoped) and a morning FOP for our last full day at the parks. Have a noon at Akershus on one day and was able to land a 12:20-1:20 window for FEA. Was surprised at the availability based on everything I had read from other posters. Better to be lucky than good! Good luck to all!!!!!

That's great! Our Epcot day was our second day so I'm sure that worked against us. Always helps if things are later in your trip.

I will caution that Akershus could take up to an hour and a half. So with a 12pm lunch you might not finish until 130pm. An hour in you're going to have to leave I, thinking. Ask for your check as soon as you sit.

That's great! Our Epcot day was our second day so I'm sure that worked against us. Always helps if things are later in your trip.

I will caution that Akershus could take up to an hour and a half. So with a 12pm lunch you might not finish until 130pm. An hour in you're going to have to leave I, thinking. Ask for your check as soon as you sit.

Yes, I was really hoping for a 1-2 PM FP for FEA, but somehow there was nothing within an hour of this particular window. I'll be keeping my eyes out for a slight time change, but if it doesn't happen, I will be sure to follow your advice. Thanks!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter