Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

If you download the app for either FedEx or UPS and create an account if tracking was created in your name it will show up.

I can't remember for UPS but for fedex they will mail you a card to your address to verify you address first so it isn't something you can signup for and use the same day. Good service to signup for but just takes a little time to get setup.

I can't remember for UPS but for fedex they will mail you a card to your address to verify you address first so it isn't something you can signup for and use the same day. Good service to signup for but just takes a little time to get setup.
They didn’t for me. I signed up no problem a few months ago to check for medals and stuff after people on Facebook said to do such.

I think they may get shipped through any of the services. Pretty sure I’ve seen reports of the packages coming through FedEx, UPS and USPS. It might even depend on which service is cheaper to deliver within a region, as small differences in delivery costs add up quickly at the volumes they’re sending out.

IIRC, a P.O. Box was not a permissible address. So I would think that rules out USPS as a delivery service, but maybe I'm wrong.

They didn’t for me. I signed up no problem a few months ago to check for medals and stuff after people on Facebook said to do such.

Interessting. most people I know have had to wait for the card. maybe they were able to verify you some other way and didn't need to.

IIRC, a P.O. Box was not a permissible address. So I would think that rules out USPS as a delivery service, but maybe I'm wrong.

USPS delivers packages directly to addresses all the time, so that’s an odd comment. In addition, both UPS and FedEx partner with USPS and frequently have them handle final delivery.

This is sort of frustrating. I wish that runDisney would simply provide a shipment tracking number when they sent this out.

We essentially just bought some medals and shirts, so a tracking number would be very helpful.

USPS delivers packages directly to addresses all the time, so that’s an odd comment. In addition, both UPS and FedEx partner with USPS and frequently have them handle final delivery.

I think you're missing my point. IIRC, runDisney would not accept a PO Box as a mailing address for medals. If they were using USPS as a delivery service, they would have had no reason to put that restriction in place, as USPS _does_ deliver to PO Boxes. The other carriers don't.

The only reason I can think of for runDisney to say "No PO Box addresses" is if they are using a carrier who can't deliver to PO Boxes, e.g. FedEx, UPS, etc.

FYI: for us, all four of our boxes came via UPS in two different shipments (about five days apart) from CCG in NJ. Three were for the 10k and one for the 5k. We live the the suburbs of Chicago.

I think you're missing my point. IIRC, runDisney would not accept a PO Box as a mailing address for medals. If they were using USPS as a delivery service, they would have had no reason to put that restriction in place, as USPS _does_ deliver to PO Boxes. The other carriers don't.

The only reason I can think of for runDisney to say "No PO Box addresses" is if they are using a carrier who can't deliver to PO Boxes, e.g. FedEx, UPS, etc.

They don’t use a single carrier, though. They use FedEx and UPS and some medals are delivered by the USPS, as well. Whether the USPS deliveries are direct mailings or deliveries in partnership with UPS/FedEx, who knows?

The use of UPS and FedEx as shipping partners precludes the use of PO Boxes. The restriction on PO Boxes does not mean that USPS can’t be the final delivery method, though.

I popped home for lunch today and another large box was sitting on my porch. My challenge box arrived (from UPS--but without notification...).

Our kids' mile boxes came vis UPS out of NJ. They were not the amazing photos of the fancy boxes, but they did nicely wrap the medal, shirt, a coupon for gogo squeeze, and a card in purple tissue to fit in a box the same size as the one my Garmin came in. For the price:product and whiningwhilerunning:excitementwithpackage , I would have my munchkins do the kids mile again.

Still waiting on mine (central FL) my sister and brother-in-law who live roughly 15 mins away both got their 10K ones last week do you think because I did the 10K AND 5K it’s taking longer? Or will I just have to eat the cost of this one just like I had to eat the cost of another virtual I ran over the summer where my medal never got sent

Still waiting on mine (central FL) my sister and brother-in-law who live roughly 15 mins away both got their 10K ones last week do you think because I did the 10K AND 5K it’s taking longer? Or will I just have to eat the cost of this one just like I had to eat the cost of another virtual I ran over the summer where my medal never got sent
I wouldn’t give up just yet... my mine just came yesterday for the half marathon. I would imagine they send them out in some sort of waves.

actually i think that was for UPS... for fedex it was immediate i think. also, the shipment is likely fedex since star wars virtual was fedex

Got my challenge medals and shirts yesterday via UPS out of Parsippany, NJ. I'm signed up for notifications for any packages to my address, and this one just popped up a few days ago but I had no idea what it could be based on where it was from.

p.s. I'm in Salt Lake City.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter