Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

I really want to do the challenge but it all depends on when our exchange student leaves.

Running Lushes in the house for W&D 2020! I'll be there celebrating a milestone birthday with other from our racing team! First time for WDW Races -- though I have done the 2007 Disneyland 1/2.

My wife and I did our first Disney race at the inaugural W&D half in 2010; we’re considering returning for the 10th anniversary (although I realize it’ll be the 11th running). We might do the 10K instead of the half tho; we’ll see how we feel in March when registration opens. We’ve never been to a MVMCP and we’d like to go and stick around for the first one of those — hopefully the week following the races.

New member, first post ... but I have been following/reading for a while, excited to post! I'm planning to run the 1/2 -- it will be my fourth 1/2, assuming I get into the NYC Half on 3/15/2020 or sign up for something similar in Spring 2020. Never done a Disney race but, I love the Parks, and this seems like the perfect first race. I'll be traveling with my husband and 5-year-old son, and am looking at the kid's races as well. Looking forward to the next year of training and getting to know others!

Next trips: March 2020: Gran Destino Tower; November 2020: Yacht Club, Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon
Previous trips: March 2017: Wilderness Lodge; April 2018: Animal Kingdom Lodge

Since this will be my first WDW race (though not first time at WDW), I'm looking for all the tips/tricks! I'm probably signing up for all 3 races and will look to spend time in the parks after the race. I'm a huge Disney fan and go to DL quite often (park warrior).
1. Recommendations (or threads I can read) for Best place to stay for easy transportation to/from race(s) start. I've stayed previously at Pop and Port Orleans. I am not sure a high end will be in my budget but if there is one that is a no brainer (ie. I can sleep later before start if I stay there), I will look at stretching.
2. I'm probably going to do all 3 races 5k, 10k and 1/2. How hard is it to go to the parks after the 10k and then get up for the 1/2? I'm thinking after the 5k wouldn't be too much of an issue.
3. What is the spatula thing I keep seeing in pics?
4. What are your other best tips for making the most out of these races?

Since this will be my first WDW race (though not first time at WDW), I'm looking for all the tips/tricks! I'm probably signing up for all 3 races and will look to spend time in the parks after the race. I'm a huge Disney fan and go to DL quite often (park warrior).
1. Recommendations (or threads I can read) for Best place to stay for easy transportation to/from race(s) start. I've stayed previously at Pop and Port Orleans. I am not sure a high end will be in my budget but if there is one that is a no brainer (ie. I can sleep later before start if I stay there), I will look at stretching.
2. I'm probably going to do all 3 races 5k, 10k and 1/2. How hard is it to go to the parks after the 10k and then get up for the 1/2? I'm thinking after the 5k wouldn't be too much of an issue.
3. What is the spatula thing I keep seeing in pics?
4. What are your other best tips for making the most out of these races?
1. All disney resorts are host resorts. I’ve stayed at Pop, Riverside, Caribbean Beach, Bay Lake Tower, and Beach Club for race weekends.
2. it’s not that hard depending on what you want to do. This year we did the Halloween party one night which leads to a late night and little sleep.
3. the only spatula I know of is the one given to perfect half marathoners.
4. you’ll learn a lot from these board over the next year. Just enjoy these races. I never do runDisney for time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts