Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

Any idea how long it takes to get the registration link for those of us who booked ahead of time with a TA? This is my first time taking that option. Thanks! Congrats to everyone who got in!

Received the following from the TA I used this morning:

“Good Morning, I wanted to let everyone know that within the next 24 hours you should be getting an email directly from runDisney to get registered for the races you signed up for with us. Be sure to check your spam/junk folder as sometimes those emails get filtered. You do not have to do anytime when registrations opens to the general public at 10:00 AM EST, unless you need more registrations. If you don't get an email by tomorrow afternoon, please let me know.”

Have not used a TA for anything in 20 years, but so glad I listened to DH and registered with one for this weekend.

this race is in November - I actually called Rundisney and asked about the Club packages available and what the "guaranteed" race event meant exactly... with the higher price tag membership you get 1 race, any distance, guaranteed... including this one - unless I was misinformed (which I wouldn't doubt)... I also have no doubt that the presales had something to do with it as well.

You were misinformed. I have the platinum club rundisney and there was no benefit for this race registration. Had to use the AP/DVC early registration or general registration like everyone else.

Is there a room/tickets discount package for this one? Last time I had to register and then with my registration number I was able to get a discount at select resorts, but I can't seem to get anything but rack rate through the runDisney web site...

Well I didn't get in. By the time I was able to log in, the 5k and 10k were gone. I am going to make someone very happy, because I will be cancelling my studio at BCV.

I just got my TA link for the challenge in case anyone is wondering about timing.

I didn’t join the queue until exactly 10 and got through in less than 5 minutes. I wonder if people who had trouble clicked before 10?

Same here, all set except for being stuck on "register and pay", which won't click. Ughh!
I am all the way to the "pay" part and it won't let me click "register and pay"! :mad:

Same thing happened to me. Beyond frustrating especially since it was at the worst possible time (driving into work). I had a feeling I would not be lucky so just ended up signing up for the half last week when I had a fail on the AP/DVC registration. I guess I will just take it as a sign that only supposed to do half. It will be my second Disney race and first Disney half. Fingers crossed the route will go through MK.

Fingers crossed the route will go through MK.

I've done the Wine & Dine challenge the past 3 years and the half has not gone through MK... generally the January and Princess half marathons go through MK, and the Wine & Dine and Star Wars half marathons do not.

FWIW, I prefer the Wine & Dine / Star Wars courses to the one that goes through MK!! The past year took us through Pandora in AK, past Tower of Terror and down the main street in DHS, around the Boardwalk, and through World Showcase in Epcot. Much more interesting to me. No castle photos, though.

I wonder if people who had trouble clicked before 10?
I clicked at 10:00.01 and never stopped spinning for 45 minute,s at which point the 10K was sold out. Literally the first and so far only time I've been shut out of a rD race registration since 2012!

Wasn't it in AK before 2019?
yes.... the whole reason I signed up to do the 5K in 2019 was to run somewhere different then they announced the change to Epcot in the days in between AP/DVC and General .... I would of gone back to just doing the 10K with my sister again this year if not for the villain theme
I'm doing my first runDisney race at Wine & Dine! I'm doing the 10K because it works the best with my school schedule.
the inaugural 10K was my first RunDisney race in 2016 (well not counting the Castaway Cay fun run I did that September) you'll love it

I clicked at 10:00.01 and never stopped spinning for 45 minute,s at which point the 10K was sold out. Literally the first and so far only time I've been shut out of a rD race registration since 2012!

This is also my first time being shut out. (Although I started running Disney in 2015.) I did get in to the challenge, but after over an hour watching the site spin when I clicked and joined the queue at 9:40ish I was too frazzled and stressed when it wouldn't let me add the 5K to figure out to do the 5K first. BFF had me registered and it wouldn't take my gift card with plenty on it, charged her card, but told her it was sold out. So frustrating!

I don't think so. rD shouldn't go into this expecting races to be cancelled. I think this was just a "perfect storm" for rD. The theme and anniversary are the big factors.
Agreed. I cannot count the number of times on the DISBoards alone people have commented about really wanting a villains themed race over the years. Plus do we know for certain yet if all the construction going on around Disney World has caused them to reduce the number of available bibs?

Hi all! I’m hoping someone can give me some clarity regarding registration. I see that wine and dine 2020 says sold out. But I can also see that there are other tiers for “registration fees” later this year. Does this mean that once tier 2 comes out on April 28 more bibs will be available? I’ve called Disney and spoken to two different people and they’ve all confirmed this. But it was shady since both reps had to put me on hold and get clarification.

i’m disappointed in myself for completely forgetting about registration this morning. I was able to register early because of my annual pass, but was going to go ahead and register my mom today. Any help would be appreciated!

Wow, that sold out fast, glad i decided to stay up to register (they opened at 1am my time in australia)... in for the challenge! Funny though reading through posts, i got in the queue at 9.55 et time and was able to register by 10.05

I've done the Wine & Dine challenge the past 3 years and the half has not gone through MK... generally the January and Princess half marathons go through MK, and the Wine & Dine and Star Wars half marathons do not.

FWIW, I prefer the Wine & Dine / Star Wars courses to the one that goes through MK!! The past year took us through Pandora in AK, past Tower of Terror and down the main street in DHS, around the Boardwalk, and through World Showcase in Epcot. Much more interesting to me. No castle photos, though.

Thanks. That is good to hear about the course. My original plan was to do the 10k with a group. Because (of course) I am the one that sent out reminders to register both last week and today I am the one who does not get in. But honestly it is probably for the best. I can focus on doing the half at Disney for the first time and not worry about the 10k. Save some money (from doing the challenge) and at least get more of an experience out of it.

Hi all! I’m hoping someone can give me some clarity regarding registration. I see that wine and dine 2020 says sold out. But I can also see that there are other tiers for “registration fees” later this year. Does this mean that once tier 2 comes out on April 28 more bibs will be available? I’ve called Disney and spoken to two different people and they’ve all confirmed this. But it was shady since both reps had to put me on hold and get clarification.

Huh, I never even noticed that. And those price differences are SO minor compared to the cost of a WDW trip! The Tier 2 price opens after the Star Wars weekend so I guess I can worry slightly less now? (Though I will keep checking)

Huh, I never even noticed that. And those price differences are SO minor compared to the cost of a WDW trip! The Tier 2 price opens after the Star Wars weekend so I guess I can worry slightly less now? (Though I will keep checking)
I have gotten such mixed messages about it not just from others on the boards but from rundisney reps as well. Fingers crossed something will open!

The tiers are not release points for additional bibs. They’re an incentive for people to sign up as early as possible in order to give RunDisney cost certainty. It’s very commonly used in race registrations and has nothing to do with additional availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter