Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

Anyone else still waiting for the registration link from a TA package? Trying to decide if I'm being impatient to reach out about it.

If you have already checked to make sure the email wasn’t caught in your spam filter I would suggest reaching out to your TA. My link was received Tuesday.

Yeah, I would forgive TAs for a while as they have a whole lot of crazy going on right now.
We're not harassing her, she said it could be up to two weeks to receive the links after the registration that was on the 10th. We'll just wait and see if we get it and then follow back up after. The rest of the package shows in my MDE account.

We're not harassing her, she said it could be up to two weeks to receive the links after the registration that was on the 10th. We'll just wait and see if we get it and then follow back up after. The rest of the package shows in my MDE account.
If you don’t get it shortly I’d double check with your TA - my husband received his link and I didn’t and it turned out that my email address was spelled incorrectly. An easy fix and I received mine later that evening.

If you don’t get it shortly I’d double check with your TA - my husband received his link and I didn’t and it turned out that my email address was spelled incorrectly. An easy fix and I received mine later that evening.
There are two of us on the reservation and neither of us have received the confirmation email, I'm not going to follow up about it for another week. With all of the closings, I can be patient and wait. We do have the confirmation email showing that we bought the package and it includes the race, so I think we'll be okay when it gets straightened out.

Airfare to Orlando for W&D weekend can be pretty cheap at the moment. I just booked United ORD-MCO for $97 roundtrip (November 4-10). It's in basic economy, but since I have lifetime status with United it works out just fine (free bags, early boarding, etc.). United also has a no change fee provision on all flights booked before March 31.

My rental car was just a bit more than RT airfare for my wife and I combined.

And my POT Race got cancelled as it was at the end of April. I had a backup planned in July, so fingers crossed... who knows what will happen

Airfare to Orlando for W&D weekend can be pretty cheap at the moment. I just booked United ORD-MCO for $97 roundtrip (November 4-10). It's in basic economy, but since I have lifetime status with United it works out just fine (free bags, early boarding, etc.).

Wish I still lived in the Chicago area; the best I can find is $400, two layovers and between 8 and 9 hours of travel time. :scared: I have a strong dislike of layovers. The fact that I now have a choice of either flying out of a small regional airport to St Louis, or driving 2.5 hrs to St. Louis doesn’t help matters.

China has closed their temporary hospitals and started opening parks again. That was roughly a 3 month period. I'm very hopeful this race will continue.
I’m just thinking that when parks open at first they possibly would limit capacity to start

Hello! I was signed up for the Star Wars RR 1/2 marathon / Kessel Run Challenge (the first race of any kind I've ever signed up for!). When that was canceled today, I was going to sign up instead for the Wine & Dine, but all of the races show sold out. :sad1: Does that seem reasonable, or could it just be that they've put registrations on hold for the moment due to everything that's going on? Wishful thinking probably, but I just thought I'd check here. Thanks for any info or advice!

Hello! I was signed up for the Star Wars RR 1/2 marathon / Kessel Run Challenge (the first race of any kind I've ever signed up for!). When that was canceled today, I was going to sign up instead for the Wine & Dine, but all of the races show sold out. :sad1: Does that seem reasonable, or could it just be that they've put registrations on hold for the moment due to everything that's going on? Wishful thinking probably, but I just thought I'd check here. Thanks for any info or advice!
It is sold out. You would need to check with charities at this point. I think TAs are also sold out.

like PP said the Wine and Dine races sold out within hours if not minutes for some of the distances and would also recommend trying to look into charities

And my POT Race got cancelled as it was at the end of April. I had a backup planned in July, so fingers crossed... who knows what will happen

Yep, mine too - was supposed to be yesterday. Any idea if runDisney might extend the deadline for POT races? Right now it's 8/4/20, but it would be great if they gave us a few more weeks.

Hope everyone is still able to get out and run - I'm heading out now, need to de-stess. Keep healthy!

Yep, mine too - was supposed to be yesterday. Any idea if runDisney might extend the deadline for POT races? Right now it's 8/4/20, but it would be great if they gave us a few more weeks.

Hope everyone is still able to get out and run - I'm heading out now, need to de-stess. Keep healthy!
I am using a 10K from last May as of now - I know I am in better shape (just did a virtual half in 1:50) but hope my 10K POT (50:51) gets me a good corral (2-course challenge)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!