Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

The tiers are not release points for additional bibs. They’re an incentive for people to sign up as early as possible in order to give RunDisney cost certainty. It’s very commonly used in race registrations and has nothing to do with additional availability.
Interesting. Like I said, when I called two run Disney reps confirmed that more bibs would be available when these later dates came up. It’s unfortunate that they are giving out incorrect info.

runDisney on the phone is rather useless unfortunately.
I got all sorts of incorrect information from runDisney over the phone and via email about adding Kessel Run to my 2020 Rival Run Challenge. I eventually got the entire thing straightened out, but my travel agent deserves a huge portion of the credit for getting the matter resolved.

I regret to inform y'all that we did, in fact, sign up for the 5k after all.
So I am sorry in advance for the theme.

OMG you two crack me up!!! This is like my logic! BUT....I signed up for the 5k (also), & the Challenge! I had SERIOUS FOMO!

Besides, now I’ll get to see both you & @rteetz silly faces again!!! Let the shenanigans begin!! Time to start planning the meetup!!! 😄

Now that registration has come to pass time to predict themes:
Mine:
Kids: descendants or Gaston/Le Fou
5K: Cruella or Hook
10K: Evil Queen or Facilier
Half: Sorcerer Mickey w/ Maleficent Dragon or Chernabog
Challenge: Hades/Pain/Panic or Tremaines

Mine:
If the 1/2 is Maleficent, I am going to DIE!!! of happiness that is!

Mine:

I posted my predictions before, but I'll throw them out again. Having seen the art work for the race weekend now, though, I'd be willing to bet that the Wicked Queen from Snow White shows up prominently, but I'm not altering my list:

• 5k: Gaston’s Tavern of Terror 5k. “Drop in and be our guest”
  • 10k: Ursula’s 10k Fathoms Under the Seafood. “Try our Flounder filet and stuffed crab specialties”
  • Half: Jafar’s Diamond in the Roughage Half Marathon. “You’ll enjoy our bazaar takes on classic dishes.”
  • Challenge: Maleficent’s Culinary Chaos Challenge. “You’ll work up an appetite dragon yourself around the courses”. The medal is, of course, a spinner with Maleficent's head on one side and the dragon on the other.

I was also tempted to call it Jafar’s Dessert Oasis Half Marathon, too. I’d love to see Hades make an appearance, but I’m not sure he can trump these three. If I had to add a kids’ races theme, too, it would most likely be Captain Hook and the Lost Kids’ Races.

I just got my TA link for the challenge in case anyone is wondering about timing.

I didn’t join the queue until exactly 10 and got through in less than 5 minutes. I wonder if people who had trouble clicked before 10?
I clicked at 9:55 and had no trouble (I registered two of us for the 5k)

Last year was the 10th of Princess and the Frog and they didn’t do any medals for that
Cinderella has a bigger fan base and gets more merchandise made but point taken.

Interesting theory, but she was the Princess Half medal, so I don't know that they'd give Cinderella another race in the same year.
I’ve really only started following runDisney info around Marathon weekend this year (Wine & Dine will be my first time participating) so I didn’t realize they don’t tend to repeat movies. I would think Gaston and the Tremaines would be the most likely just because they both have regular meets (and extra weight on the Tremaines because of the aforementioned anniversary), but obviously they can bring out just about any character to the race so that’s not necessarily going to mean much. No matter what, I look forward to the themes.

Holy cow! I was just perusing hotel prices for two nights for wine and dine! Yowza! We stayed at Boardwalk villas one night in January for marathon weekend. Got a great price for Florida Resident, but these dates in November are insane even for moderate resorts. I think we might just drive over in the am. Has anyone done this without much hassle? We are about fifty miles away.

Holy cow! I was just perusing hotel prices for two nights for wine and dine! Yowza! We stayed at Boardwalk villas one night in January for marathon weekend. Got a great price for Florida Resident, but these dates in November are insane even for moderate resorts. I think we might just drive over in the am. Has anyone done this without much hassle? We are about fifty miles away.

Florida and AP deals don't come out until closer to the actual date, so you can get something as a backup now and get a better deal later, probably.

didn't drive from that far, but drove for Princess and it wasn’t bad. Was able to sit in the car a few extra minutes (weather was crappy) and it was nice to be able to get in my own car after.

Could stay at an offsite hotel and still drive

Yeah you are definitely seeing rack rates only right now, so Disney knows it's race weekend + Food and Wine so it's gonna be pricey. Keep checking back though.

Anyone else still waiting for the registration link from a TA package? Trying to decide if I'm being impatient to reach out about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!