***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

Spoke to soon, if you've been looking at ton of CP packages just opened up for 12/16!

Thank you! Found one for 4 on 12/6. We were planning a couples trip, but might have to bring our two younger kids. Still on the fence, but am happy to have a reservation should we need it. I did realize though that my kids likely won't eat much of anything on the menu at Chefs de France which is where I wanted to eat and have the reservation...

Thank you! Found one for 4 on 12/6. We were planning a couples trip, but might have to bring our two younger kids. Still on the fence, but am happy to have a reservation should we need it. I did realize though that my kids likely won't eat much of anything on the menu at Chefs de France which is where I wanted to eat and have the reservation...

If it helps, we found the castmembers at Chefs de France to be super accommodating to a young picky eater. It’s not on the menu, but they offered to do a plain chicken breast, grilled cheese sandwich or pasta with butter for us.

We are planning a last minute trip for next month, just DH and I to do/see Christmas stuff. And what do you know, no CP dining packages that I can find. We only have a few days to work with and evidently Gary Sinese is very popular. I

Tonight is the first night of Candlelight Processional 2018!

Who has a package today? Looking forward to hearing reviews of your experiences ...

We attend on Monday!

:santa:
Woot! What a magical time of year! CP is my absolute favorite thing to do at WDW. Happy tears will guaranteed to be flowing

This is probably a really dumb question, but is the theater an indoor theater? We’ve never been, and it looks like rain for our days...

This is probably a really dumb question, but is the theater an indoor theater? We’ve never been, and it looks like rain for our days...

It is outdoor. There is a small portion that is covered for the audience and the entire stage is covered.

It is outdoor. There is a small portion that is covered for the audience and the entire stage is covered.
So if it rains will the show be cancelled? Will we be under the small covered portion if we are going with Dining Package seating?

So if it rains will the show be cancelled? Will we be under the small covered portion if we are going with Dining Package seating?

No guarantees. You are actually not gauranteed a seat/ If you show up after the standby line is opened you get what is left.

No guarantees. You are actually not gauranteed a seat/ If you show up after the standby line is opened you get what is left.
Ugh. I’m so excited to see this but really don’t want to sit in the rain. I have two packages booked for two separate nights. Maybe I’ll wait to see the weather before I finalize my plans.
Thanks for the info!

Ugh. I’m so excited to see this but really don’t want to sit in the rain. I have two packages booked for two separate nights. Maybe I’ll wait to see the weather before I finalize my plans.
Thanks for the info!

Choose based on your preference, and then get in line. I have not yet been caught in the rain, and hope this year is going to be the same.

FYI, I am canceling my 1:10pm Ale & Compass lunch for 6:45pm CP on December 4th (Neil Patrick Harris) if anyone wants to grab it. We decided to go for the breakfast instead.

There aren't many rows under the "roof." If you want one, you'll need to be toward the front of the dining package line and how early that needs to be done depends on the narrator. But if it's already raining, you'll be standing in the line in the rain.

Thanks for the info!

As one who has been rained on during CP, I would get in line about 45min to an hour early. You will want to be under the covering.

we have been when it was raining during cp, it was many years ago. We were in line early and we got rained on standing in line. The show still went on and we did get good seats. But we were already wet. We still enjoyed ourselves..

Last edited:
Do I want the 5:00 or 8:15 show? Is it better when it’s full dark?

I have two packages and can’t decide between them. Restaurants are Via Napoli and Tutto Italia. Neither menu seems amazing to me, so I’m using the actual shows to decide.

Do I want the 5:00 or 8:15 show? Is it better when it’s full dark?

I have two packages and can’t decide between them. Restaurants are Via Napoli and Tutto Italia. Neither menu seems amazing to me, so I’m using the actual shows to decide.

I always choose the last show because it works for our day. We like to see the show, stroll the WS til we find a spot for Illuminations, and have a hot drink while waiting. You should choose the show that works best for YOUR day. Do you want to do something else after the show, or will you want to see Illuminations and go back to the resort? You decide what works for your family, and then release the second show for somone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter