***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

Last night was our show! It was beautiful.

Dinner at Biergarten was amazing - food was delicious, and the happiness of our children dancing on the floor during their stage show was priceless. The live band played Christmas carols and many different unique instruments. During "Silent Night," the whole restaurant was quiet and contemplative while the children sat on the dance floor, captivated. Being one of the cheaper dining package options, Biergarten has much more entertainment value than some of the other featured restaurants! The atmosphere inside is unique, and decorated wonderfully for Christmas. I am SO glad that our original plans for breakfast at Garden Grill were unattainable.

The Candlelight Processional itself:

-We lined up 45 minutes before our show and were let in about 20 minutes ahead. We got 3rd row seats lining up at this time! Being under cover in the 3rd row turned out to be an absolute blessing, as it POURED during half the show. So many in the uncovered section ended up abandoning the show. I felt badly for those who had likely planned on seeing this show for a long time and ended up missing so much of it. Covered seating alone was worth the cost of our meal!
-Alfonso Ribeiro was great! He was respectful to what he was reading and put just the right amount of heart into it. It was neat to see him grinning and singing along to most of the show, which I know many of the narrators do not.

All in all, this package was definitely a worthwhile investment of our time and money.

We enjoyed a very cold Candlelight Processional this evening!

I was pretty upset about the Coral Reef dining package though. They were so backed up we didn’t get seated until after 6 for our 5:30 reservation, and then we didn’t get done with the meal until after 7:30 (service was slow as well). We ended up having to rush (with very full stomachs :crazy2:) from Coral Reef all the way to the American Pavilion to make it before they let the CP packages in. It was not a pleasant experience.

I was pretty upset about the Coral Reef dining package though. They were so backed up we didn’t get seated until after 6 for our 5:30 reservation, and then we didn’t get done with the meal until after 7:30 (service was slow as well). We ended up having to rush (with very full stomachs :crazy2:) from Coral Reef all the way to the American Pavilion to make it before they let the CP packages in. It was not a pleasant experience.
Coral Reef tends to back up early.

Oh, I'm not liking the sound of this. We have a 5:10 reservation for the 8:15 show and figured we would have plenty of time to make our way over to CP. If there is nothing I hate more is trying to rush through a busy park when it isn't my fault.

Was the meal good though? Reviews are so spotty for CR, but this is one place my DD requested specifically to eat at since she doesn't remember eating here before.

Oh, I'm not liking the sound of this. We have a 5:10 reservation for the 8:15 show and figured we would have plenty of time to make our way over to CP. If there is nothing I hate more is trying to rush through a busy park when it isn't my fault.

Was the meal good though? Reviews are so spotty for CR, but this is one place my DD requested specifically to eat at since she doesn't remember eating here before.

CHeck in early. That is what we did and we felt that worked out better.

The food was great. And we had the nicest server ever. No complaints there!

Of course there’s nothing like being there in person, but Disney is live-streaming a show with Neil Patrick Harris on Dec 4 with some behind the scenes stuff.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...nal-live-from-epcot-december-4-at-815-p-m-et/
I'm super excited cause my daughter's H.S. got honor choir this year and will be performing on this day.
Anyways was there last night, as their choir is performing a total of 3 days, did standby and the entire group in line was able to get into the 5pm show so there was no need for the package, I waited for the 6:45pm show and again, the entire queue was able to enter, not sure if the cold weather drew people away. Saw plenty of people with dinning packages come as the show was starting and got stuck behind the trees and had to split their group.
Leaving CP the 8pm dinning package line was almost to Morroco.
Alfonso Ribeiro was a great narrator, I would recommend him for years to come, if he comes back.

Last edited:
I'm super excited cause my daughter's H.S. got honor choir this year and will be performing on this day.
Anyways was there last night, as their choir is performing a total of 3 days, did standby and the entire group in line was able to get into the 5pm show so there was no need for the package, I waited for the 6:45pm show and again, the entire queue was able to enter, not sure if the cold weather drew people away. Saw plenty of people with dinning packages come as the show was started and got stuck behind the trees and had to split their group.
Leaving CP the 8pm dinning package line was almost to Morroco.
Alfonso Ribeiro was a great narrator, I would recommend him for years to come, if he comes back.

Will your daughter be performing on the 3rd, as well? We'll be there then. I would love to say a quick hello to you if you're there watching.

They weren’t letting people check in until 5 minutes before their reservation time because they were so backed up.

Oh that is not good! I made our ADR for 4:35 this year because I hate to stress time, and there will be 7 of us. You know that is not going to be a quick meal!

Oh that is not good! I made our ADR for 4:35 this year because I hate to stress time, and there will be 7 of us. You know that is not going to be a quick meal!

What time is your show? If it is 8:15, you should be fine!

What time is your show? If it is 8:15, you should be fine!
Yes, 8:15. I knew CR runs late do I booked an earlier dinner. We have a ppo breakfast do we plan to snack at the booths if we need something to tide us over.

Yes, 8:15. I knew CR runs late do I booked an earlier dinner. We have a ppo breakfast do we plan to snack at the booths if we need something to tide us over.

I think you will be fine! And that was a good idea to book earlier!

We booked 5:30 because we were coming in from another park and wanted plenty of time to get there. Last time we went to Coral Reef, there was no wait at all. I guess all the dining packages must have increased the demand.

Saw plenty of people with dinning packages come as the show was starting and got stuck behind the trees and had to split their group.

THIS is why I try to tell people that they don't have "guaranteed" seats even with the package. You still need to get in that line early if you want a decent seat, and if you choose to wait until the show is starting, you may not have a seat at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter