***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

I loved Robby Benson when I was a teenager. He was a teen heartthrob back in the day. I have a CP package for NPH but now that I know Robby Benson will be there I want to see him too. I plan on trying to see Robby Benson when he is there. My DH just laughs at me but it is Robby Benson!!!

I ditched my family one year when I wanted to see the CP again. They went on their way and I just stood in front of the pavilion. It was awesome! Just me and a group of young people who had been sining in the choir at the previous show. I was surrounded by beautiful voices and it was magical. I think it is fine to send your hubby to get a snack while you enjoy Robby!

Both are very exciting narrators! Disney made us wait but they did choose two great ones. I'm extremely happy to finally find out my date is for Robby Benson, I've been a fan of his for years since when he was a young actor in movies like Ice Castles. And seriously, the man still cuts a dashing, handsome figure at 62 as well, he looks great.

Both are very exciting narrators! Disney made us wait but they did choose two great ones. I'm extremely happy to finally find out my date is for Robby Benson, I've been a fan of his for years since when he was a young actor in movies like Ice Castles. And seriously, the man still cuts a dashing, handsome figure at 62 as well, he looks great.

Handsome indeed!

I need some opinions!

I have packages set up for the following:

1. On, Thanksgiving Day, Via Napoli dinner at 5:45 pm with 8:15 pm processional - Chita Rivera narrator
2. On Saturday, November 24, Garden Grill breakfast at 8:45 am with 8:15 pm processional - Helen Hunt narrator

We enjoy both meals and cannot decide which of the two packages we should keep! Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I need some opinions!

1. On, Thanksgiving Day, Via Napoli dinner at 5:45 pm with 8:15 pm processional - Chita Rivera narrator
2. On Saturday, November 24, Garden Grill breakfast at 8:45 am with 8:15 pm processional - Helen Hunt narrator

We enjoy both meals and cannot decide which of the two packages we should keep! Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Garden Grill seems to be a favorite around here......and if it were me, I'm not sure I would necessarily want Italian on Thanksgiving. I mean, my family is italian and I love italian food but.......I tend to be a traditionalist! Of course, I'm a broadway lover so I would be very interested in hearing Chita Rivera as narrator. Am I being helpful? :rotfl2:

I need some opinions!

Thanks!

I think it really hangs on will you or your family be disappointed with Via Napoli for your thanksgiving dinner. I wouldn’t, but some people certainly prefer a traditional thanksgiving meal. If your family has no issue with Tutto Italia for thanksgiving, then it’s a no brainer - Chita Rivera - and it would be a nice end of the day for thanksgiving :)

Feeling kind of bummed...this is our first ever Christmasy trip and we were very limited on when we could go and so just had to take whatever narrator we got, which happens to be Blair Underwood. I’m sure he’s fine, but I just don’t know him (don’t watch Quantico) and I would have known and loved just about anyone else. I’m sure it will be great regardless....

...Blair Underwood. I’m sure he’s fine....

Blair Underwood is "fine" in the best sense of the word.

Been a fan since his LA Law days (that show had a killer cast - Harry Hamlin and Jimmy Smits too - all have aged beautifully). He was also on Sex & The City and Dirty Sexy Money (I'm still annoyed that was cancelled).

We have Auli'i Cravalho (Moana) which is perfect for my kids and fine by me. I'd happily trade for Blair (not sure that'd make my H too happy).

Been a fan since his LA Law days (that show had a killer cast - Harry Hamlin and Jimmy Smits too - all have aged beautifully). He was also on Sex & The City and Dirty Sexy Money (I'm still annoyed that was cancelled).

We have Auli'i Cravalho (Moana) which is perfect for my kids and fine by me. I'd happily trade for Blair (not sure that'd make my H too happy).

Thanks for the encouragement. Maybe I’ll check out some of the other shows you mentioned. I just think I would feel more positive if I was more familiar with him!

Thanks for the encouragement. Maybe I’ll check out some of the other shows you mentioned. I just think I would feel more positive if I was more familiar with him!

We'll be there to see Blair too! He has a great voice and I am very much looking forward to seeing him perform even though I really didn't watch any of his shows. I'm familiar with him and his work though so that helps.

Enjoy! DSM was a ridiculous show but also a delight. It would have killed on Netflix or another streaming service. It had to be toned down for broadcast tv.

His main Disney connection is as the voice of Makuu (the leader of the crocodiles) in The Lion Guard. I think my kids were too old for that show.

Ooh ooh! Blair Underwood was also on Agents of Shield as "Lash" (Agen't May's husband).

Want he on an FBI show too? Can't recall the name or when it ran, but he was much younger.

Do you get to pick which showing of the event or is it random?

Both. It will assign you a specific show, but if you're willing to risk losing the ADR, you can back out and try again to see if it will give you a different showing. I think it's easier to call and let them do the magic to get the show you want.

I just want to put this in perspective. The narrator is a part of the show, but honestly, just a part. I have enjoyed every CP I have attended, and I have to admit I have googled to see who on Earth my narrator was. No idea, even after the search. The show? Spectacular. Every time.

Go with the mindset that you are going for the whole package, not just the voice telling the story, and you will not be disappointed. The music is beautiful, and the trumpets? OMGosh! Now to Blair....very more than fine!

I just want to put this in perspective. The narrator is a part of the show, but honestly, just a part. I have enjoyed every CP I have attended, and I have to admit I have googled to see who on Earth my narrator was. No idea, even after the search. The show? Spectacular. Every time.

Go with the mindset that you are going for the whole package, not just the voice telling the story, and you will not be disappointed. The music is beautiful, and the trumpets? OMGosh! Now to Blair....very more than fine!
Agreed. I don't even care who the narrator is. It's just an amazing experience regardless of who is speaking. Now if I could just get a CPP for my date... sigh...

Going next month with a friend who is celebrating her birthday, and she just expressed an interest in doing CP.
Managed to book a lunch at Rose & Crown, and we'll be seeing Whoopi. :) Thanks for all the info! My friend is
pretty excited--neither of us has experienced CP.

Can you tell me if they are adding tax onto the price? I looked on Disney's website and it doesn't say anything about tax and tip. I'm assuming both are additional to the price, but want to verify.

Thanks!

Never mind....I found the answer finally on the website. It does not include tax or tip so I'll adjust my budget accordingly then.

Last edited:
We are planning a last minute trip for next month, just DH and I to do/see Christmas stuff. And what do you know, no CP dining packages that I can find. We only have a few days to work with and evidently Gary Sinese is very popular. I ran across a lady who had an ADR to drop, she did but it won't show up in MDE. It seems like this happened to me last year, but I was the one dropping for the other person. This got me thinking...I wonder if they don't drop instantly or maybe they don't even go back into the CP pool. I noticed there was an ADR that popped up for the exact time she dropped, but just not CP. I don't think it was there before. Does anyone have actual insight or knowledge on this as I'm just speculating :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter