***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

He stumbled tonight, as well. Several times. He almost forgot to introduce Joy to the World after a weird pause.

However, what I didn’t like is him saying the story is a “timeless tale.” Several people found it disrespectful.

It is a tale. How is that disrespectful?

We saw him Wednesday night and thought the whole show was fantastic. Got in the dining package line about 30 minutes before the 6:45 show and had great seats. I think this is a show best seen from a little farther back to take in the whole stage.

That's a little weird but at least I know him. Just saw him at the taping of Impractical Jokers. I didn't really know Edward James Olmos.

He stumbled tonight, as well. Several times. He almost forgot to introduce Joy to the World after a weird pause.

However, what I didn’t like is him saying the story is a “timeless tale.” Several people found it disrespectful.

But...isn't it a timeless tale? Which part did people find disrespectful, the timeless bit or the take bit? Not sure I follow on that one.

But yes, NPH is always so good that I was surprised he seemed a little off this time.

It is a tale. How is that disrespectful?

We saw him Wednesday night and thought the whole show was fantastic. Got in the dining package line about 30 minutes before the 6:45 show and had great seats. I think this is a show best seen from a little farther back to take in the whole stage.
But...isn't it a timeless tale? Which part did people find disrespectful, the timeless bit or the take bit? Not sure I follow on that one.

But yes, NPH is always so good that I was surprised he seemed a little off this time.

Tale is typically used to describe a falsehood or imaginary events.

Synonym - fable, fabrication
Antonym - truth

I respect all religions and found it strange to use in front of believers. However, I see the Disney website also calls it a tale, so NPH was correct to use the word.

It was a beautiful show, and he did a good job.

We went to see NPH at the 6:45 show on the 4th. I have been going to WDW my entire life and was even a cast member in the late 90s and never managed to go see it. This was a first. WE had breakfast at Ale and Compass which was delicious but OMG was it insanely crowded and even though we checked in 30 minutes early, we were seated 20 minutes after our reservation time of 10:40 which meant lunch was starting so the buffet suffered. Food and service were excellent, though. We were going to get in line about 45 minutes before the show started but when we saw the line for the 5pm show, we changed our minds. right after they loaded up the 5pm guests, we got in line. We had a lot of fun talking to others in line and trying to distract ourselves so we wouldn't listen to the show before ours. We were in the front of the line but I did not want to be right in the front row so we sat in the third row, center next to the conductor. Wow. The show was amazing! I think, as much as I LOVED NPH, that if we choose to do it again, it will be with a less popular narrator.

*An official change to the narrator line-up: Joey Fatone will be replacing Edward James Olmos as the narrator on Dec. 24th and 25th*

Olmos's mother recently passed away, perhaps explaining why he is no longer narrating.

We saw the December 22nd performance with the girl who voiced Moana. This was my first time at the Candle Processional. I thought she did a great job and the show was beautiful. We will definitely be returning. We ate at the Coral Reef before hand as my husband as always wanted to eat there (even though I read lackluster reviews before hand). Alcoholic drinks were not included with our meal which the waiter made clear before we ordered. Overall, the food was just okay. Out of all the Epcot restaurants, I would probably definitely not return to this one unless I had a child who really wanted to eat there. They sit you on different levels on the floor so you can see the tank, but on our level they broke up one table to make two, two person tables. Every time we looked at the tank we were staring at the two women next to us which made it very awkward for them and for us. Not enjoyable. Also, I asked for the candle light passes at the end after we paid and the waiter said, " I'm not giving them to you until you sign the receipt and hand it back to me". I thought that was a little weird...we had already paid at that point.

I didn't know about the trees in the amphitheater. To be able to sit in front of them, I would get in the pass line earlier in the future. However, they definitely did not ruin the beautiful show. I would say the package was worth it, but would choose a different restaurant next time.

We saw the December 22nd performance with the girl who voiced Moana. This was my first time at the Candle Processional. I thought she did a great job and the show was beautiful. We will definitely be returning. We ate at the Coral Reef before hand as my husband as always wanted to eat there (even though I read lackluster reviews before hand). Alcoholic drinks were not included with our meal which the waiter made clear before we ordered. Overall, the food was just okay. Out of all the Epcot restaurants, I would probably definitely not return to this one unless I had a child who really wanted to eat there. They sit you on different levels on the floor so you can see the tank, but on our level they broke up one table to make two, two person tables. Every time we looked at the tank we were staring at the two women next to us which made it very awkward for them and for us. Not enjoyable. Also, I asked for the candle light passes at the end after we paid and the waiter said, " I'm not giving them to you until you sign the receipt and hand it back to me". I thought that was a little weird...we had already paid at that point.

I didn't know about the trees in the amphitheater. To be able to sit in front of them, I would get in the pass line earlier in the future. However, they definitely did not ruin the beautiful show. I would say the package was worth it, but would choose a different restaurant next time.
In 14 years I have never complained about a dining experience in wdw.... until the CP at CR... and that includes the debacle of a meal at ‘Ohana.

My family was so stinkin mad that I spoke to the concierge at our resort. I did not ask for recompense if any kind but as I was talking she started typing and refunded entire $98 tip.

We were there last night to see NPH. We ate at Teppen Edo for lunch, my boys (5 and 2) were enthralled watching the food being cooked, and the chef very kindly made a small plate of food just for our 2-year old even though we weren't paying for him. We got in line for the seating a little later than we'd hoped at 4.15pm and the line was right the way back to Morocco so I wasn't hopeful that we'd get great seats, but they ended up being fine, about halfway back in the second section with a little space in front of us for the kids to play on the ground while we waited for the show to start. We had a panicky moment when we got to the front of the dinner package line and my 5-year old realized he'd lost his sticker somewhere, but they just waved us through thank goodness.

My 5-year old is a theater nut and absolutely loves this show (he's been seeing it since he was 2 weeks old!) so he was good as gold. The 2-year old not so much; he sat on my lap (in a vice like grip so he couldn't get down and run off) and had no problem pointing things out to me loudly during the show ("mommy now it's BLUE! Now it's PINK! Mommy they're SINGING!") Thankfully he was quiet during the narrated portions and only really chose to make his announcements during the songs which were loud anyway, but my husband has suggested a babysitter for him next year...

NPH was as good as he always is, although he stumbled a little bit over his opening. The singing and music was amazing as ever (and as usual, I spent most of my time watching the percussionists, they have so much to do!)
Aw heck @KateP85 I was there too! Would have loved to meet you. I did the Beirgarten package

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter