*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

Can you do that day of? Hoping we can do the ordering the morning of our ADR as I know most of my family will change their mind 20 times between now and then.

Good question. I'm not sure. We've never tried to order day of. I have made a change or two once we were at the kiosk to pay though.

Good question. I'm not sure. We've never tried to order day of. I have made a change or two once we were at the kiosk to pay though.
Last time I didn't even bother ordering ahead because I knew we'd change anyway and we had to go through the kiosks to pay. Would love love to have this on the mobile order where you can pay too, and just zoom in and get a table at your ADR time...

Good for all of you who started packing! Tomorrow is two weeks for us and I don't know what clothes I'm bringing yet :faint: My 3 nephews are visiting from Georgia, they've been here for a week already and will be here another week. That means FIVE stinky boys in the house so between that and carting DS15 to all his basketball and football workouts I'm lucky we have clean clothes and food in the house!

I finally got packing list printed-but we haven't even really started packing yet. Do have loose pile of stuff to take on my desk (old magic bands for son-we don't know which one has SotMK on it-plus is cards. Using old MB box to store the bands (the new boxes are so ugly and not useful for storage). Do have paperwork in a folder but am going to have to sort it out into two-we are traveling on different days.
At least I have packing list started:rotfl:

I *might* be bit ahead of you lol. My packing list, along with pretty much everything that is related to my trip, information wise, is organized in a Google Doc. I use the same doc from year to year, so much of the packing list stuff doesn't change, and I simply removed check marks from the list items, and then check them off again as I pack them each year.

I have all of my sons clothes packed. My wife has the vast majority of her clothes packed. I need to pack a couple of shirts, and shorts that I am still wearing now, so they will have to wait. The rest of my clothes are packed. My mother and daughter are packing their own, so I don't need to worry about that. Stuff for the bathrooms, and kitchen (we are renting a house) is already packed for the most part. I honestly don't have a whole lot left to pack, aside from stuff that really has to be packed last minute.

We leave next Saturday. The only things I have packed so far are things we only use in Disney like fans, frog toggs, ponchos, sharpie markers for the kids autograph books, etc. I really ha to do laundry before I can pack anything else.

Good for all of you who started packing! Tomorrow is two weeks for us and I don't know what clothes I'm bringing yet :faint: My 3 nephews are visiting from Georgia, they've been here for a week already and will be here another week. That means FIVE stinky boys in the house so between that and carting DS15 to all his basketball and football workouts I'm lucky we have clean clothes and food in the house!
FIVE boys-I think I'd have given up and gone to a hotel! OMG cannot imagine that (along with stinky sports gear-seems like I am constantly telling my son to pick up his soccer stuff-just put those socks directly into washing machine-eeew!

Stuff for the bathrooms, and kitchen (we are renting a house) is already packed for the most part.
We are in studio at SSR for part of trip so I do have a short list of stuff to bring to make breakfasts easier, plus snacks for breaks. I generally have lunch ADR's booked-figure at least a couple nights will be leftovers prior to heading back out to parks.

frog toggs
I have on my list but I do need to get the rest of them out ( I use a couple when I garden) and make sure they aren't moldy or anything. I store them damp in a very mild bleach solution so hope they are ok. Also need to dig out Disney ponchos from previous trips-several are ripped so I can get them replaced prior to rest of family getting there. Tried the disposable ones in 2014 and DH hated them-like wearing saran wrap so he bought Disney ponchos.

At this time 4 weeks from now, I will be driving to the airport. IDK why, I've been having Anxiety about the airport being 90 min. Away. What if your car breaks down, what do u do -- just leave it on the side of the highway and call an Uber?? I wouldn't miss our flight for anything!
Never gone to this airport before, usually go to one about 60 min. Away and never had a problem, so IDK I'm worried this time.

At this time 4 weeks from now, I will be driving to the airport. IDK why, I've been having Anxiety about the airport being 90 min. Away. What if your car breaks down, what do u do -- just leave it on the side of the highway and call an Uber?? I wouldn't miss our flight for anything!
Never gone to this airport before, usually go to one about 60 min. Away and never had a problem, so IDK I'm worried this time.

I always have the same fear. I would just leave super early.
We usually fly out of Buffalo, which is a 2 and a 1/2 hour drive, plus the border crossing. :scared:

You might look into the price of Uber anyway. It might not be any more expensive than paying to park your car at the airport while you are gone.

The closer we get to our trip, the more anxieties start to emerge! I can understand being apprehensive about going to a new airport - the unknown is what causes the most anxiety for me. I assume, then, that you're not flying out of Logan? We use Logan Express - it's always worked out fine, but I'm trying to decide on timing. I have the same worries - will the bus break down, what will traffic be like - so I'm trying to figure out how far ahead of our flight we should catch the bus. Better to be hanging around the terminal than on the road! Besides, I love airports!

The closer we get to our trip, the more anxieties start to eme're not flying out of Logan? We use Logan Express - it's always worked out fine, but I'm trying to decide on timing. I have the same worries - will the bus break down, what will traffic be like - so I'm trying to figure out how far ahead of our flight we should catch the bus. Better to be hanging around the terminal than on the road! Besides, I love airports!

I love airports too! I always want to get there like 5 hours early and everyone else wants to arrive at last minute.
Flying out of Providence this time. We usually do Manchester for our Disney trips as Southwest doesn't fly non-stop out of Logan and we can never get better fares than Southwest

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter