*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

Question to Aug DIS vets - we are from NJ and even here we notice we eat less during the hot summer days. Does the same principle applies to Aug Dis trips? I know its silly question but just asking in general terms.

Question to Aug DIS vets - we are from NJ and even here we notice we eat less during the hot summer days. Does the same principle applies to Aug Dis trips? I know its silly question but just asking in general terms.

I don't know. I'm from the North and we go every August. I feel like I eat like crazy no matter what the season is or what the weather is like. The good news is, we never gain weight with all that walking! :)

Alert: In the MNSSHP thread, there have been reports that FPs booked using the MNSSHP ticket entitlement have been canceled.

If FPs have been booked for regular park days + the Party Day, the system is Canceling the last day of booked FPs whether or not it is a Party Day.

Disney apparently is deeming a Party ticket as invalid for FP booking and the number of days of FPs you have booked must match the number of regular MYW ticket entitlements linked in your MDE account.

As a precaution, you may want to delete FPs booked specifically for your MNSSHP day.

Please see the MNSSHP thread for more info:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...-so-scary-halloween-party-boo-to-you.3580223/

I find that we eat the same amount but spread out more during our days. I usually eat 2 meals and maybe 1 snack while at home, DS10 eats 3-4 meals and 2 snacks while at home. At Disney we tend to eat 4-5 small meals and a snack or 2 each day. Between the heat, humidity and excitement we prefer to split meals and eat more often than easting 2-3 larger meals. Neither of us likes to feel too full on our trips

19 more days till we hit the road! We're driving and of course both of are cars are on the fritz at the same time this week with major money being poured into them. :sad2:

So what do we do? We buy a brand new mini van! :crazy: This will be our most expensive vacation ever!! :rotfl:
I feel your pain-my transmission went out a couple weeks ago-nice $3800 repair (worth it-my 4Runner is 16 years old, excellent condition with 217K miles-plan on doing another 200k miles).

Several year ago we lived in Arkansas-went home (MO) for Christmas-van sounded funny going over mountains. so we bought a new van in MO before we went home. We were planning on a new vehicle but maybe just not that soon. However after making rounds of car dealers in St Louis and not finding anything (or price) we liked I went online-found a dealer to take our old van trade in sight unseen, brand new loaded mini van, excellent price + the dealer found us better financing at local bank than we had set up!. Maybe it helped that this was all done on 12/31-clearly he had a quota that needed to be filled!

As to the heat thing-June probably not as hot as August-but last June trip I lost weight (~10-12#) -appetite wasn't as great in heat, plus i was always full from water and making sure I stayed hydrated.

We are from NJ as well. I tend to eat less than normal, but my boys eat the same.

12 days until our Anniversary Trip! I am so unprepared for this trip (we were supposed to be leaving tomorrow but had to change due to baseball and I am SO glad we had too! I am so stressed!) We have a ton to do at home to get ready for us and then also make sure we have enough ready for the kids while they stay with grandparents! Ahh! Now hopefully time can go fast today so I can be done with work and head home to at least start my massive to do list!

Joining in here.

I'm less then 30 day out till our Disney Trip. Me and 3 kids August 15 to 21. A bit of a split visit we leave NJ August 11 will be staying in Fort Lauderdale with my mom until Sunday or Monday and then we are Driving up to Orlando for our Disney Trip. We are staying at POR for 4 days and then POP for 3 days since I couldn't find a flight out till Monday the 21st.

A lot of "Firsts" this Trip. My First time traveling as a single mother. First time as an AP holder. First time staying on site at WDW. First time visiting Epcot for me and the kids (I've been to Disney numerous time but I have never been to Epcot). Magic Bands are on their way going to start packing this weekend. Very Very excited.

Last edited:
Joining in here.

I'm less then 30 day out till our Disney Trip. Me and 3 kids August 15 to 21. A bit of a split visit we leave NJ August 11 will be staying in Fort Lauderdale with my mom until Sunday or Monday and then we are Driving up to Orlando for our Disney Trip. We are staying at POR for 4 days and then POP for 3 days since I couldn't find a flight out till Monday the 21st.

A lot of "Firsts" this Trip. My First time traveling as a single mother. First time as an AP holder. First time staying on site at WDW. First time visiting Epcot for me and the kids (I've been to Disney numerous time but I have never been to Epcot). Magic Bands are on their way going to start packing this weekend. Very Very excited.

Ah, Epcot. In many ways I enjoy it even more than MK. You will have an amazing trip!

Our trip is getting so close now. We leave NY for our drive to FL in just 20 days. I have a pile of duffle bags half packed, trying to get everything together for the trip now.
I finally got packing list printed-but we haven't even really started packing yet. Do have loose pile of stuff to take on my desk (old magic bands for son-we don't know which one has SotMK on it-plus is cards. Using old MB box to store the bands (the new boxes are so ugly and not useful for storage). Do have paperwork in a folder but am going to have to sort it out into two-we are traveling on different days.
At least I have packing list started:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter