*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

I'm a little jealous that some of you get to say farewell to GMR and Universe of Energy. For multiple reasons, we missed both of those the last trip and I was looking forward to sharing them with the kids this time around... :(
We're missing them both by a week!

I'm a little jealous that some of you get to say farewell to GMR and Universe of Energy. For multiple reasons, we missed both of those the last trip and I was looking forward to sharing them with the kids this time around... :(
We're missing them both by a week!
We are missing them by 4 days. GMR was one of my family's favorite rides and we're so disappointed to miss it!

Ive actually never been on Ellen.....guess I never will now, lol.
And GMR -- i don't love it, Ive thought for a long time it needs to at least be refreshed. I just think it's crazy to close it now with there being so little to do at HS at it is. They should have waited til next year when Toy Story land is open.

Its always been my dream that they would just reinvent it to be the Great DISNEY Movie Ride, And change all the scenes to Disney movies, particularly ones that aren't represented anywhere else in the parks (Dalmations, Bambi, Pinocchio, etc.). I'm kind of sad with all the new the attractions moving away from the Classics. I wish there was a park that was ONLY the classics, I'd love that.

I just think it's crazy to close it now with there being so little to do at HS at it is. They should have waited til next year when Toy Story land is open.
I have never been on UOE Ellen version either. Do like GMR so glad we will have chance to see that.
I wonder if the fact that so many things down/refurb/construction is why DVC members were offered upgrade to the no blackout date passes for free (if they already had the pass)? Makes one wonder if they were looking at bookings/LOS and realized that with attendance down (especially summers lately) that they needed to offer incentives? Also heard about a crazy (and i mean crazy) good deal on rentals for Copper Creek, and a couple other resorts for CM's (not sure if I am allowed to share specifics from the group I belong to). Like good enough to plan a trip if it is still available once my DD gets her official status.

Got my gift cards consolidated (BJ's wholesale club + ebates cash back=6% savings). Need to think about packing, 18 days til we leave.

So as this trip is a bday trip for DD, I was thinking of ordering one of those baskets through Disney Floral....actually, you can create your own basket and just pick what items you want. I was thinking the birthday ear hat, an autograph book and pen, and some Disney snacks, with a bday balloon on it, and have it in our room upon arrival...... although outrageously overpriced, but she will love it.

27 days to go. Can't wait. I would like to start packing but I'm in the same boat, that we are wearing our summer clothes. Maybe in 2 weeks I can at least get started. I just feel anxious until I get everything packed and ready to go

Printed off packing lists today. Since we are in a studio villa also got together what I might like for some quick/simple meals-think we have an ADR every day but several breakfasts will be in villa, and snacks in afternoon for heat/rain/pool break need to be planned.
18 days til we leave-can't believe it is that close LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!