• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Are we allowed to move our MNSSHP and dessert party if there is a high chance for rain? The rain went down to 40% (it was showing 80% for Thursday with thunderstorms), but if it goes back up I might call and ask nicely to switch to Friday.

We are going to the 10/28 party this Sunday, and much appreciate everything's tips and reports! I need to iron on my mermaid shells for my t-shirt tonight and get packing! We did get the email today that we had too many days of fast passes booked so I had to delete the ones I'd made from 4-6 before the party :(

I still think it is going to be a great time!

Last night's party was great! I personally believe the crowd was lighter compared to last year around this same time. The weather was great, even if it did SLIGHTLY sprinkle. (And I mean SLIGHTLY) met 7 dwarves and belle and gaston. DD got a TON of candy, you know the mice bag that says I want candy...well it was FULL. We did some rides, saw the parade and fireworks. The only thing we missed was hocus pocus because the cancelled it due to weather which I don't really understand but we didnt let it ruin our night. All in all we had a great time and my daughter said it was the best party we've done out of the 3 we've been to.

We went to the party on 10/11. Here is what we accomplished....
Arrived at 3:30 and after having issues for the second time with my moms magic band we made it in around 4. We went thru the bypass and did a few of the photo pass shots. Not busy at all. Had FP to Haunted Mansion and Splash. We then stopped at Columbia Harber House for supper.
Rode Small World
Met Cinderella/ Elena
Met Tiana/Rapunzel no waits for either
Rode Buzz ToT
Rode Space 35 min wait Loved it.
Got snacks. Watched part of HP show
Went to Frontierland and took turns holding front row spots while others shopped for pins, ToT, and ate more.
Cadaver Dans came and sang right in front of us and we loved them. My 2 high schoolers really enjoyed them.
Watched the parade...AMAZING!
B-lined it to Moans(thanks to other posters on this). Would have been a 5 min wait, but went on break shortly after we got there. Ended up being 10 min.
Went to watch firework by the Christmas store.
First in line for Gravediggers.
ToT at Harber House
Shopped at Emporium
Headless Horseman shot and left.
This was our first time and got done what we wanted to. Too many people like others have said. I even found that following Sunday was really busy for a party day. Little fast pass availability and long lines. Not sure if people from Hurricane Michael area came here and added to the crowd but it felt like summer crowds!

We went to the party on 10/11. Here is what we accomplished....
Arrived at 3:30 and after having issues for the second time with my moms magic band we made it in around 4. We went thru the bypass and did a few of the photo pass shots. Not busy at all. Had FP to Haunted Mansion and Splash. We then stopped at Columbia Harber House for supper.
Rode Small World
Met Cinderella/ Elena
Met Tiana/Rapunzel no waits for either
Rode Buzz ToT
Rode Space 35 min wait Loved it.
Got snacks. Watched part of HP show
Went to Frontierland and took turns holding front row spots while others shopped for pins, ToT, and ate more.
Cadaver Dans came and sang right in front of us and we loved them. My 2 high schoolers really enjoyed them.
Watched the parade...AMAZING!
B-lined it to Moans(thanks to other posters on this). Would have been a 5 min wait, but went on break shortly after we got there. Ended up being 10 min.
Went to watch firework by the Christmas store.
First in line for Gravediggers.
ToT at Harber House
Shopped at Emporium
Headless Horseman shot and left.
This was our first time and got done what we wanted to. Too many people like others have said. I even found that following Sunday was really busy for a party day. Little fast pass availability and long lines. Not sure if people from Hurricane Michael area came here and added to the crowd but it felt like summer crowds!
thanks for the report. Where exactly did you sit at Frontierland to get the Cadaver Dans in front of you?

So our party is Friday and our only priority is Elvis Stitch, any recent reports? Our goal was to be in line by 5:30pm but now it all depends on the rain, we might do that or wait for the end of the party

If anyone is looking to swap their Halloween card for the Holiday Party Tiki Card let me know. Maybe looking for 2/3 cards.

Are we allowed to move our MNSSHP and dessert party if there is a high chance for rain? The rain went down to 40% (it was showing 80% for Thursday with thunderstorms), but if it goes back up I might call and ask nicely to switch to Friday.

Can't hurt to try!

So our party is Friday and our only priority is Elvis Stitch, any recent reports? Our goal was to be in line by 5:30pm but now it all depends on the rain, we might do that or wait for the end of the party

If it's raining I would line up for him. You get to wait under the overhang and then go inside.

You should be near the front of you line up at 530. We got in line around 6 and were in the second queue.

Since Jack and Sally have moved to meeting at Town Square, does anyone know if it is possible to tag team while waiting in line to shop or grab snacks/drinks? Or is it too difficult in the new location?

Okay here is what we accomplished yesterday:

In at 3:40
Bypass (candy bag and pictures)
Hall of presidents (to get out of heat)
Moana 4:50-6:10 (started meeting at 5:45)
Jack sparrow 6:15-7:04 (started meeting at 7:02)
Jafar 7:08-7:18
Genie and jasmine 7:18-7:50 (very long wait, large group took individual pictures, long interactions)
Tarzan, Jane, terk 7:52-8:24 (out at 8:02, terk had to “go get a banana”)
8:30 BBQ pork sandwich at lunching pad, Dh got Muenster burger at cosmic rays
Cosmic rays treat line
Carousel of progress treat line (3 times)
Lotso 9:10-9:22
Monsters inc treat line (2 times, huge handfuls)
9:24-9:33 monsters inc dance party
Space mountain 9:34-9:42
Tag team: Elvis stitch and laugh floor treat line (stitch line 9:55-10:22)
Laugh floor treat line-walked right through
Tea cups 10:30-10:35
Went to big top-no pins left, only medium party tshirts left
7 dwarves meet 10:46-11:08
Little mermaid treat line
Party shirt in emporium
Hocus Pocus at 12 in front of castle

We accomplished A LOT!! We didn’t do the parade or fireworks so that helped some. One main thing I would say if I were to do it over again is meet less characters and allow more time to just enjoy the atmosphere. Once we finally started trick or treating was when we really started having fun.

Genie and jasmine took way longer than we wanted. Aladdin and abu were mainly meeting while we were in line and they had long meets. A group in front of us had like 7 people and each took their own pictures. It was a bit excessive.

Forgot to get popcorn bucket so we are going to try to get one tomorrow.

The crowds weren’t bad at all. We had no trouble getting around. We got a spot for hocus pocus right in front of the castle about 10 minutes early. It sprinkled a tiny bit but not too bad. We had a lot of fun and trick or treating was one of the best parts.

Since Jack and Sally have moved to meeting at Town Square, does anyone know if it is possible to tag team while waiting in line to shop or grab snacks/drinks? Or is it too difficult in the new location?
I was fourth in line and did not attempt leaving, but there were 4 separate straight line queue areas in the room and only 2 total being used. I could see you easily being able to walk up and use one after speaking with the CM and joining your party again rather than having to fight your way through all the other people waiting.

You may not get the party wristband when they're distributed. Two CMs came to the front of the line and went one by one scanning and ticketing people around 4pm. The CM at the end of the line may be able to help if you missed this while you were out of line.

I would think you could. It did start getting crowded after 4:15 so it may be harder to get back to the front if you're farther up. There are a few switchbacks you have to go through. Between 3:30- 4:00 there was barely anyone there when we were there. Several people in front of us stepped out of line to shop or go to the bathroom (which are right at the entrance of the line, very convenient). I think if it's crowded just let the people behind you know you're just going to get a drink and will be right back.

Thank you for all the responses about stepping out of Jack and Sally’s M&G line. Based on what everyone has said, I think I’ll continue to plan for us being able to tag team during the wait (which will make my husband much happier lol).

Just wanted to chime in on our party the 21st. I'd read so many negative was very apprehensive to even try it but so glad we did. My son and I come up from Jupiter just for the night. We rode Pirates, Splash (bad idea, crazy drenched), Big Thunder 4x, Haunted Mansion, Little Mermaid, Buzz 2x, Space, TTA, Mine Train, Poo, and Pan. We saw fireworks (amazing), and the parade. Been waiting to see Headless Horseman for a long time:) We hit COP candy line (big handfuls), and some of the others. We were probably half full each and then right after getting off Pan we hit the Mickey's Philharmagic treat line and they simply sat our bags in the barrel and filled them to the brim. I don't know if anyone has weighed one of those bags full of candy but there had to be 10 lbs between them.

It was a great night. Weather was amazing, costumes were amazing (very creative and talented people out there), and the cast members were all in a great mood. I would do the party again in a second!!!

My family got in line at about 5:40pm on October 23 and we were about 20-25 people back. At 6, they moved us from outside into the venue, and then Stitch came out at 6:30.

Stitch was super interactive, huggy, and just all around fun! He was the only character meet n greet my family did but watching him and getting to meet him was the best cuz he was just awesome. And even though he was being interactive with everyone, the line moved at a nice steady clip and we were done by 5 after 7.

PS sorry it is off topic but would anyone know where in Hollywood Studios or Disney Springs I would be able to pick up a cauldron popcorn bucket since I missed doing so at the party?

We went to the party on 10/23 and were the 4th group in line for Jack and Sally. My two little guys had to stretch their legs a couple times (I got in line at 3:23) and it was fine getting in and out. DH stayed put and we told the people near us in line and the cast members that we were coming back. There were a few “excuse me’s” on our end as we stepped over people sitting down, but everyone was friendly and didn’t seem to mind.

Also, as for getting our party bands, we did miss the band distribution while we had stepped out but when we got back we asked the cm’s for bands at the entrance of the line and they had a stack right there. They put on our bands and we made our way back to our place in line with DH at about 4pm. We stayed put after that until 4:30 when they let us in along with the first 3 groups to meet Jack and Sally. It was a quick interaction but really fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter