• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Going to the party tonight! Hoping it’s not a wash out :scared: My question is.. if we don’t enter the park until 5 pm or so will we get our wristbands then or do we have to go to one of the locations in the park? This will be the first party where I won’t already be in the park once the wristband distribution starts. Thanks!

Couple of questions: (I tried to read the front page but it's so graphic intense my poor old laptop can't handle it plus I switched servers)
1. We plan to arrive at 2:00 or so. Can we wear our costumes in then?
2. Where is the location for the hitchhiking ghost Magic shot? If there are more than 1 MS available at the same location, do you request or get what you get?
Thanks!

Hello!

Just reported that mystery pin boxes are sold out at main Street emporium. 2018 pin is the only one left available.

I am gutted!

Sorry if this has been posted
But DFB just posted that the headless horseman straw was seen on non party day at storybook treats in Fantasyland. They had a picture of the sign. It did say MNSSHP. previously this was reported sold out so maybe they got late shipments.....

I’m very curious if the AP Orange Bird Pin is still available. Does anyone know? That’s really the only item I care for.

Couple of questions: (I tried to read the front page but it's so graphic intense my poor old laptop can't handle it plus I switched servers)
2. Where is the location for the hitchhiking ghost Magic shot? If there are more than 1 MS available at the same location, do you request or get what you get?
Thanks!

Yes you can wear your costumes then.

Going to the party tonight! Hoping it’s not a wash out :scared: My question is.. if we don’t enter the park until 5 pm or so will we get our wristbands then or do we have to go to one of the locations in the park? This will be the first party where I won’t already be in the park once the wristband distribution starts. Thanks!
If you get your wristband as you enter the park, there is no need to go to one of the stations within the park. Enjoy the trick-or-treating, characters, and attractions!

Thanks!

1. DVC members are allowed to enter in costumes at this time. I do not think it would be an issue if you have another ticket to enter in addition to a MNSSHP ticket.
2. The Hitchhiking Ghost shot is by the Liberty Square Riverboat. The first post has all the MagicShot locations posted. There is only 1 MagicShot here. All 4 HM shots are broken up throughout the park. Flaming pumpkin, cauldron, and dancing ghosts could probably all be done by one photographer on Main Street.

We went to the party this past Sunday, the 21st. We'd previously been in 2005 and 2006, so I've been a little concerned reading this year's early reports of the party being oversold, the inability to move in crowds, unbearably hot weather, rain, etc. I had my fingers crossed that we'd still have a good time, and we did. Our night was actually a lot like our nights in '05 and '06 - maybe a little more crowded, but manageable.

We got to the MK around 4:30. They shoo'd us to the far right side for entrance, and right away put our party bands on us. We entered on Main St, and did 7DMT (FP), PoC (FP), HM (FP), SplM (Anytime FP), and BTMRR, about a 20min wait. (FP lines closed around 6.) Stopped to share a Dole Whip and pineapple upside down cake in Adventureland (no wait), and later got a bite to eat at Casey's (very crowded) and did some window shopping on Main St. (DS was disappointed he wanted a cheeseburger egg roll we'd read about, but never found them!) A CM was walking around Casey's making sure everyone had party wristbands on, and they checked us many other times around the park, too. (There was also one lady in Casey's holding a table for the parade, which was still a ways away, when people trying to eat couldn't find seats! There were lots of seats on the other side of Main St.) Kids went to ride SpM but it was down so they met us back on Main St and we entered the bypass, where we got some pictures and they gave our packages of full size bags of candy.

Came out and rode TTA, then SpM, about 20 mins also, line moved, though. Meant to go on Astrorbiter as it had almost no line, but must've forgotten! Family also got candy at TL and FL. (I didn't want to carry any bags around!) Headed back up toward FL and DD waited in line for pics w QoH and Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum (by teacups) but they left before she got in, saying they had to go off for the parade (which we think was a fib, at least for the twins!). Then went on PPF and IASW, followed by HM again, the last two being walk ons. (PPF about 30mins, and they gave out a few bags of candy there, but also came along sweeping the floor inside the house as people were just dropping their wrappers on the ground.) We then got our spot for the second parade by LTT along with some cold drinks. Love the Headless Horseman, he stopped near us, that was fun to see. Earlier we'd seen fireworks as we were walking, but we'd watched Hallowishes from our balcony a couple of times already so we were good with that.

I thought some of the costumes were really funny and creative, we saw many people having a great time in their groups and that was awesome. And not just at the party itself, but we'd seen lots of groups around the monorails on both Thurs and Fri nights, too (some going in as late as 8pm-8:30!). We were laughing at some of the costumes amazed at how they came up with them! I was really happy that Sunday night the weather was almost perfect. It had been really hot and humid prior to Sunday, so that was a gift! (I did see quite a few costumes that I thought would be really HOT if worn on a hot night! Especially the one piece ones like Winnie the Pooh or ones with big capes, etc. If making costumes, I'd stick with ones that are relatively cool!) Just about everyone on our flight home had been at Disney, many to MNSSHP, as hair was still dyed and there were still some remnants of costumes and such, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter