"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I apologize if this has already been asked...
With Jack and Sally moving to Town Square Theater, and starting to meet around 4:30pm, what time do people start lining up to meet them? 4pm? 3pm? With DVC members getting in early, I was wondering when the line usually starts to form.

We were at the party last Friday 10/19 and in line for Jack and Sally at 4pm. It started at 4:30 and we were done by 5pm. I'd say line up at around 3:30 and you should be the first 10 groups there atleast. :)

Fourth in line for Jack and Sally now. Got here about 3:10pm. Special thanks to @MelOhioDis for the recent updates!

We walked into the theater and went straight to the Tinker Bell Meet line. There were two CMs standing there. One with a Jack and Sally sign, another with an iPad to verify party admission. The CM with the iPad scanned each of our bands to ensure we had a MNSSHP ticket and said another CM will come out later and give us the party wristbands while we wait. The CM also confirmed Jack and Sally will start meeting at 4:30pm. :-)

Hmmm, the party is not sold out thinking we may just get tix and come over. Are you seeing many people with wristbands yet?

Fourth in line for Jack and Sally now. Got here about 3:10pm. Special thanks to @MelOhioDis for the recent updates!

We walked into the theater and went straight to the Tinker Bell Meet line. There were two CMs standing there. One with a Jack and Sally sign, another with an iPad to verify party admission. The CM with the iPad scanned each of our bands to ensure we had a MNSSHP ticket and said another CM will come out later and give us the party wristbands while we wait. The CM also confirmed Jack and Sally will start meeting at 4:30pm. :-)
I wish they did this when I was there in August. Maybe a new tradition that will carry over year to year!!!

Very very brief report:
-Let in at 345p
-Crowds were manageable. We hit a bunch of rides; didn't wait longer than 25 min (including 7DMT even though they said it was 55min). Most rides were a lot quicker than their posted wait time.
- Hades Nachos were N/A until 6 sharp (we tried ordering at 550 but didn't wait due to hungry kids lol)
- Pins were all sold out wherever I asked. Plenty of the new HP mugs. Tempted by the HP spirit shirt but went with the rose gold. (I was FREEZING)
- Watched 1st parade from Frontier land: got a spot about 845 (and were one of the first). Still was a few people deep at start time. 2nd parade had a big crowd as we walked out.
-fireworks from Hub and then walked up to front row (on the side) for 1045 Hocus Pocus

Overall: had fun. Kids had fun. DH had fun. Win win.
Now we board the Dream tomorrow... Um today. Lol:mickeyjum

Attended last nights party. The only characters we wanted were the grave diggers so we did that first. We watched the first parade from Frontierland. We watched fireworks from the hub and the midnight Hocus Pocus. We did a few trick or treat lines and all of the rides we wanted except for pirates. It was down when we went over there and we never made it back over. We did several photo pass/magic shots through out the night. We arrived just after 6:00 pm. The crowds were very manageable and the weather was perfect. Thank you everyone for all the advice and reports. I know we would have missed a lot if it weren’t for all of you.

We had a blast at the Oct 19th party. We waited for the shower to pass and got on the bus at the Pop close to 4:30. I didn’t want to risk my scooter getting wet and stopping. We were at the party shortly after 5. Family used BTMRR fast pass and be that time it was 6 and they were turning people without wristbands away. We rode everything we wanted with minimal wait. I noble ordered dinner at Pecos Bill including the Hades Nachos and it was very quick.

I was worried about the parade and fireworks in the scooter, but it went off without a hitch! I parked on the wa behind the desert party area at 10:00 and had a great view. It cleared out pretty quickly after that and I was able to pull right to the curb for a spot for the second parade. DD sat on the curb in front of my scooter with DH next to her. All in all we had a great night.

garrett.jpg
sarah1.jpg

Here are DH and DD's costumes.
DD got a LOT of compliments from CM's

Last edited:
We haven't gone to MNSSHP since 2013 and 2014, and before that it had been a few years. I remember in the past we did quite a few TOT trails, but didn't make them a priority. However, I would guess that we did hit at least the equivalent of half of them. We each got between 1/4 - 1/3 of the bags disney gave us filled. When we combined all 4 bags we got around a bagful, which was still a decent amount of candy. But that's very different from what I'm reading here, where people seem to hit 3 trails and their bags are overflowing, and everyone says to take a backpack to dump candy in if you intend to TOT. Has it changed, or am I misunderstanding and people are doing all of the trails many times, or what?

We had a blast at the Oct 19th party. We waited for the shower to pass and got on the bus at the Pop close to 4:30. I didn’t want to risk my scooter getting wet and stopping. We were at the party shortly after 5. Family used BTMRR fast pass and be that time it was 6 and they were turning people without wristbands away. We rode everything we wanted with minimal wait. I noble ordered dinner at Pecos Bill including the Hades Nachos and it was very quick.

I was worried about the parade and fireworks in the scooter, but it went off without a hitch! I parked on the wa behind the desert party area at 10:00 and had a great view. It cleared out pretty quickly after that and I was able to pull right to the curb for a spot for the second parade. DD sat on the curb in front of my scooter with DH next to her. All in all we had a great night.

View attachment 360074
View attachment 360075

Here are DH and DD's costumes.
DD got a LOT of compliments from CM's
DD’s costume is amazing!!! I’m obsessed, how creative!

We haven't gone to MNSSHP since 2013 and 2014, and before that it had been a few years. I remember in the past we did quite a few TOT trails, but didn't make them a priority. However, I would guess that we did hit at least the equivalent of half of them. We each got between 1/4 - 1/3 of the bags disney gave us filled. When we combined all 4 bags we got around a bagful, which was still a decent amount of candy. But that's very different from what I'm reading here, where people seem to hit 3 trails and their bags are overflowing, and everyone says to take a backpack to dump candy in if you intend to TOT. Has it changed, or am I misunderstanding and people are doing all of the trails many times, or what?

From my perspective, 3 trails and an overflowing bag would be unusual. A few weeks ago we hit all of them but maybe 3 and had full bags by the end of the night. I’m not sure how many we actually did, but it was well more than 3.

I remember how full they were because we rode BTMR towards the end of the night and I was holding three bags between my feet with all my might. Couldn’t keep it up the whole ride and one kind of spilled! I was so embarrassed rounding up candy at the end. Wished I had had a big zip up bag at that point!

From my perspective, 3 trails and an overflowing bag would be unusual. A few weeks ago we hit all of them but maybe 3 and had full bags by the end of the night. I’m not sure how many we actually did, but it was well more than 3.

I remember how full they were because we rode BTMR towards the end of the night and I was holding three bags between my feet with all my might. Couldn’t keep it up the whole ride and one kind of spilled! I was so embarrassed rounding up candy at the end. Wished I had had a big zip up bag at that point!

Thanks! I may have exaggerated a bit with the 3 trails :rolleyes1but I do swear I remember reading that once. I just meant people seem to be saying they had overflowing bags easily, and we got maybe 2-3 pieces at each stop and ended up with way less than 1/2 bag each with what I thought was a decent amt of trails. We’ll see what we get Friday, but in reality we don’t need much candy since we’ll have to lug it all home anyway and it isn’t like I can’t just buy some there! Nor do I really want all that candy around my house, so the smart thing to do would be to save time and not TOT o_O we’ll just play that part by ear :-)

I took gallon ziploc bags in my backpack to transfer candy during the party. We ended up with three full gallon ziploc bags (hit 7-8 spots). Some TOT spots gave more candy than others. Towards the end of the night, the Little Mermaid spot FILLED DS' bag because it was empty.

Just back home from our trip this past week where we went to two parties on the 18th and 19th. Just me and my 8yo son on this trip. Very manageable crowds both nights and think less crowded then the party we attended last year...maybe it was the heat.

Got in line for Jack and Sally around 340pm and were 6th family in line..done by 445pm. Then wandered up to Pooh and gang in line by 545pm and done by 645pm. Went to first Hocus Pocus show which they stopped about 10minutes into the show..no idea why so had to adjust plan to catch a later show. Watched parade in frontierland and had a great spot, not very crowded. Got Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket to snack on during the parade. Went over to meet Jafar and Tarzan in between parade and fireworks. Great view of fireworks from frontierland and then onto haunted mansion. Then rode Pirates over to 7DMT and Pooh ride. Went to see hocus pocus but very crowded and the 8yo could not see at all, this was the only thing that did not work out for us on Thursday night. Down to Tomorrowland around 11pm and had a short line for Stitch done around 1120pm and then stopped by for Mickey on the way out of the park. Hopped on a boat to the GF and in the room by 1220pm.

First night was a great and we did more then planned. No ToT for us....lines were long and with the heat candy was getting mushy anyway.

Friday night again very manageable crowds again very hot. We entered park around 3pm to catch some Jungle Cruise, Tiki room and Splash before a 5pm at Plaza for dinner.

Changed into costumes and headed to Donald and Daisy to be fist line line at 610pm. Then went over to Minnie and Goofy lines which moved quickly. Took a peek at the dance party to see Vamperina who is super cute.

Next we headed to Tomorrowland and rode Astro Orbitor (first time on that one) and into Lotso line which was short..done by ~830pm. Got in line for Queen/Tweedles during parade and 2nd family in line, done by 945pm. Hit 7DMT with about 15 min wait and then back to Haunted Mansion. Next went back to hub after fireworks and it cleared out so grabbed a front row spot for 1035pm Hocus Pocus and the 8yo saw it all. It is such a good show! Did a little bit of shopping on the way out and on the boat back to GF, in room a little after midnight.

Second night was great again ..no ToT this night either.

My takeaways --
have a good plan but be flexible....
don't spend time on ToT, its really just candy you can buy at the grocery store....
Great tips from this thread for frontierland parade and fireworks viewing with quick route to characters on Adventureland.....
See Hocus Pocus show....
Relax and have fun.....

The only negatives we had were the heat ( can't control that) and that most party merchandise was already sold out. Not sure why disney does not allocate X amount of merchandise for each party.

Not sure if we got lucky with crowds or if I expected worse based on last reviews but crowds not bad at all.

We left Sunday afternoon exhausted but had such a great trip!

Just back home from our trip this past week where we went to two parties on the 18th and 19th. Just me and my 8yo son on this trip. Very manageable crowds both nights and think less crowded then the party we attended last year...maybe it was the heat.

Got in line for Jack and Sally around 340pm and were 6th family in line..done by 445pm. Then wandered up to Pooh and gang in line by 545pm and done by 645pm. Went to first Hocus Pocus show which they stopped about 10minutes into the show..no idea why so had to adjust plan to catch a later show. Watched parade in frontierland and had a great spot, not very crowded. Got Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket to snack on during the parade. Went over to meet Jafar and Tarzan in between parade and fireworks. Great view of fireworks from frontierland and then onto haunted mansion. Then rode Pirates over to 7DMT and Pooh ride. Went to see hocus pocus but very crowded and the 8yo could not see at all, this was the only thing that did not work out for us on Thursday night. Down to Tomorrowland around 11pm and had a short line for Stitch done around 1120pm and then stopped by for Mickey on the way out of the park. Hopped on a boat to the GF and in the room by 1220pm.

First night was a great and we did more then planned. No ToT for us....lines were long and with the heat candy was getting mushy anyway.

Friday night again very manageable crowds again very hot. We entered park around 3pm to catch some Jungle Cruise, Tiki room and Splash before a 5pm at Plaza for dinner.

Changed into costumes and headed to Donald and Daisy to be fist line line at 610pm. Then went over to Minnie and Goofy lines which moved quickly. Took a peek at the dance party to see Vamperina who is super cute.

Next we headed to Tomorrowland and rode Astro Orbitor (first time on that one) and into Lotso line which was short..done by ~830pm. Got in line for Queen/Tweedles during parade and 2nd family in line, done by 945pm. Hit 7DMT with about 15 min wait and then back to Haunted Mansion. Next went back to hub after fireworks and it cleared out so grabbed a front row spot for 1035pm Hocus Pocus and the 8yo saw it all. It is such a good show! Did a little bit of shopping on the way out and on the boat back to GF, in room a little after midnight.

Second night was great again ..no ToT this night either.

My takeaways --
have a good plan but be flexible....
don't spend time on ToT, its really just candy you can buy at the grocery store....
Great tips from this thread for frontierland parade and fireworks viewing with quick route to characters on Adventureland.....
See Hocus Pocus show....
Relax and have fun.....

The only negatives we had were the heat ( can't control that) and that most party merchandise was already sold out. Not sure why disney does not allocate X amount of merchandise for each party.

Not sure if we got lucky with crowds or if I expected worse based on last reviews but crowds not bad at all.

We left Sunday afternoon exhausted but had such a great trip!
we were at the party on the 19th and were able to get all the party merch we were looking for with the exception of 1 pin I wanted that had sold out. What were you looking for that was gone? I bought the hocus pocus mug, the snow globe ornament, and the party logo pin in big top, and DH got a shirt at a cart as we were coming in. I got the cauldron popcorn bucket at the cart in tomorrowland.

DD’s costume is amazing!!! I’m obsessed, how creative!
We had fun with it. Dress was purchased from amazon but we made the rest. I found a great tutorial for making the hat and collar from one of those wide brimmed hats. I mixed the purple and airbrushed her face. We didn't do as much on her chest and arms because it was so hot. I made DH's costume from scratch.

You guys look great!! FUn outfits.

we were at the party on the 19th and were able to get all the party merch we were looking for with the exception of 1 pin I wanted that had sold out. What were you looking for that was gone? I bought the hocus pocus mug, the snow globe ornament, and the party logo pin in big top, and DH got a shirt at a cart as we were coming in. I got the cauldron popcorn bucket at the cart in tomorrowland.

Only had 1 pin....the Hocus Pocus shirts were gone and the original cauldron mug was gone. Limited sizes on the Party t-shirts and only 2 styles available. Checked a few stores and got the same story both nights. Cauldron bucket was available but got that at AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter