"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Went to the party on 10/18. Just me and my DD8. We really enjoyed it! Quick recap. I'm sorry that I don't have more specific times. My brain was fried from the crazy heat all week!

Got to the park at 2pm. Watched Festival of Fantasy Parade
Went to Cinderella/ Elena FP
Met Gaston
Meet Ariel FP
Grabbed a snack and headed over to Jack and Sally
Got there a little after 3:30 with little line. Done by 4:37
Went through the bypass (Realized later that we should have gone to get the SoMK card! That was the only thing I wanted to do that we didn't get. Just kept slipping my mind)
Ariel ride FP
Tried to go to the Seven Dwarfs. They weren't coming out for another 45 minutes and already had an hour wait (This was around 5:45 I think) Decided to skip.
Wandered around a bit (this was our 4th MK day of our trip so we had already rode most rides.)
Tried to meet Moana I think around 6pm. Wait was over an hour.
Rode BTR with only 15 minutes wait.
Walked over to Tomorrowland. The Buzz ToT station had started handing out candy around 6:45. Went through that. Line was long but moved very fast.
Got in line for Space Mountain. It was out the door, but posted at 20 minutes. I think they closed the entrance so they could switch the ride over. While in line I noticed a popcorn cart that had Oogie Boodies. Daughter waited in line while I went over. They would not sell until EXACTLY 7pm. FYI..I saw them later on at the hub cart around 11pm also
Was off space mountain by 7:30pm. My daughter who loves space mountain. Did not like it in the dark at all.
Went over to the monster dance party. The people had really crowded the characters so there was just a very small dance area. We just kind of peeked in. The CM's started pulling the characters out and the DJ was telling everyone to back up.
The Carousal or Progress ToT line was really long so we skipped it.
Walked over to Tea Cups. Stopped to ToT at Cosmic rays. Again line long but moved fast.
Went on the Tea Cups. 10 minute wait.
Line for Alice/ Mad hatter looked about 15 people deep. Same with Queen of hearts.
Went over to the Hub for the 8:45 show. Got there around 8:15 and walked straight to the middle of the circle. There was plenty of space, people were crowded toward the front. I think this spot is also elevated. My daughter stayed in her stroller the whole time and could see perfectly (yes I got a stroller for my 8 year old, don't judge! It was just her and I and she's way to heavy for me to carry! :flower:). There was also a little guy next to us standing that didn't have any problems seeing. We were never crowded either. All I have to say is WOW what a show! I wasn't that excited for it, but I'm so glad that we saw it. Definitely one of my favorite things of the night. My daughter loved it too.
After that we tried to find a spot to watch the first parade. Whoa. This had to be the hardest part of my night. I probably should have just stayed in the hub. Went over to Frontierland and it was insane!! We walked all they way down to the end and it was 4 or 5 people deep by that point. We turned down the walkway to Adventureland a little before they roped that off for the Headless Horseman. We were able to see him great, but couldn't stay in that spot so we abandoned that parade.
Went over to PoC. The pirates were stopping people in the line and talking to them. It was actually a bit annoying, I just wanted to get on the ride and it was holding it up! My daughter did kind of enjoy the looking for the Pete guy. That is until he was just standing on the bridge... she said that was lame.
Trick or Treated at Jungle Cruise. No line
Went to check on Moana's line. It was only 30 minutes so we decided to wait. Got about 20 minutes in before my daughter had to use the bathroom. Abandoned line with only a few people ahead of us. o_O

Walked toward liberty square as fireworks were going off. Saw a photo pass photographer who was taking pictures with the fireworks in the background. I loved these!
Did the lantern magic shot by Haunted Mansion.
Trick or treated in fantasyland. No major lines. I feel like we did something else here but can't remember!!
Then circled back around to find a spot for 11:15 parade. It was starting to get full but wasn't crazy. We found a small area just in front of the Christmas shop between two groups. This was a great place to watch! It only has room for maybe two rows so people weren't smooshing into us. Parade was awesome!
We then hightailed it over to the 7 Dwarfs meet. We got there around 11:45 with absolutely no wait! There was one family finishing up. Word of warning-- Don't touch the tops of their heads. The cast members kept yelling at the little girl in front of us to stop. Grumpy finally got up and gestured for her to stop!
We then went over to the Disney Junior Dance party. There were two people there. Doc and Vamprinia were both out. We stayed for a minute.
Went to the Barnstormer ToT.
Minnie was still out so we met with her. Then we went over to Goofy. They had stopped his line, but the CM was nice enough to let us go. We were done with him at exactly midnight.

All in all we got a lot done. There were definitely a lot of people there but it was very manageable. We left with 2 full little bags and half a tote bag of candy. MK had been very very crowded on our other days there, so this was easy in comparison.

I was really glad we went. I think I'd do it again, but not if it costs much more than what we paid this year.

Also, I put some of my candy in my carry on as I knew we'd be close to our wait limit. I put them in ziploc bags and pulled them out when we went through security. The one guy before the xray machine did look through the bag. My daughters bookbag was pulled because i forgot that I had put a snack bag with some applesauce in it. I think if you pull them out yourselves you shouldn't have any problems. The rest was in my checked luggage and it wasn't melted at all. It probably melted more at the party! Gosh was it hot!

:maleficen:tigger::sulley:

Hey everyone, just got back from week long FL trip, thought I would give a summary of our party night (Oct 16th)

We surprised the kids and my MIL with the tickets, after saying we were going to Disney Springs that night. To say they were excited when I pulled into magic kingdom parking booths and they figured it out would be an understatement! Got to TTC at 3:00, in line at the park by 3:25. We were first in line for our turnstiles, as they were in the sun, and everyone had crowded to the ones with a small overhang (even though the people at the end of those lines were in the sun by then). Let in at 3:45, did the bypass frame and pumpkin pictures, then took off for HM FP, which we got to at 4pm.

After HM we went to Splash for our 4:25 FP, and hit perfectly at 4:25. Our last FP was at BTMRR at 5:25, but as we got off splash at 4:45, it was down. We decided to hit up Small world as it was walk on, and while riding that, we got some magic in that our 5:25 FP for BTMRR turned into a multi-experience FP good at 7DMT!!!, so we hit that up right after small world. Had to wait a little while in the FP line, as everyone with BTMRR FPs used it the same time we did, haha, but still only waited 15 minutes. Then we decided to get in line for 7 Dwarves M&G earlier than planned since we had saved so much time with the 7DMT FP. Got there at about 5:50, and tag teamed with an adult taking the kids to Barnstormer, Dumbo, and when they opened the Fantasyland Trick or Treat lines early at 6:45, two quick trips through there, before meeting 7Ds at 7:10pm (bonus TOT after M&G).

After that we headed over to People Mover (Walk on), Buzz (7 min wait, plus bonus TOT after ride), my wife and I took the boys to Space Mountain (30 min wait), while MIL and daughter went to Astro Orbiter, did carousel of progress TOT, then we used mobile order to grab the Muenster Burger (Super good!) from Cosmic Rays, which we picked up at about 8:30pm. We then walked over to Liberty Square to grab a spot for the first parade. It was packed, and we ended up settling for waiting behind tape at a crossing until the CM closed it, and my kids grabbed a spot there. The parade was great, my MIL got some love from Donald, and the group next to us knew one of the ghost ballroom dancers, so that interaction was fun to witness.

After that we headed over to BTMRR as it was back up (First time at night, was AWESOME!), and then decided to watch fireworks from bridge near Tom Sawyer's island (I wanted in front of the castle, but after 6.5 hours of go go go we were too tired to make that trek, only to come right back to adventureland for PoC), so we ordered some hades nachos to eat while watching the fireworks (it was just ok, needed more spice IMO). After that we did trick or treating at Country Bears, Rode PoC (10 min wait, extras were cute, DS7 was tired and grumpy and CM in the line picked on him with the wanted poster until he smiled), Did trick or treating across the way from pirates, decided to go BACK to BTMRR (Did I say riding at night is the best ever?), and just beat the second parade out of frontierland. We hit TOT spots in Liberty Square and Philharmonic (with 6 of us, those 7 trips through the TOT lines yielded 40 lbs of candy, they are NOT stingy with the candy.) Tried to do Lotso, but even at 11:30, we would miss Hocus Pocus to see him, so instead wife and sons went on Space again while I took my daughter on Astro again (MIL wouldn't let her go up all the way when she went with her). Got to midnight Hocus Pocus show with 5 minutes to spare, but still got a good spot near the stage.

Afterwards we hit up the flaming pumpkin and poison apple cauldron magic shot photographers, before ending the night with the headless horseman magic shot at about 12:50pm, arriving at our condo at about 1:30am, tired, but having thoroughly enjoyed our first ever MNSSHP.

Went over to PoC. The pirates were stopping people in the line and talking to them. It was actually a bit annoying, I just wanted to get on the ride and it was holding it up! My daughter did kind of enjoy the looking for the Pete guy. That is until he was just standing on the bridge... she said that was lame.

Great report. I especially liked this part.

Haley, have a great time Tuesday night. I’ll see you at Jack and Sally’s Thursday, hopefully with no rain after 6 (yes, I broke down and started to look at Thursday and Sunday forecasts, my 2 Party days).

Haley, have a great time Tuesday night. I’ll see you at Jack and Sally’s Thursday, hopefully with no rain after 6 (yes, I broke down and started to look at Thursday and Sunday forecasts, my 2 Party days).
Haha I’ve been consistently looking at weather for a week which was pointless since it’s changed so much

Only had 1 pin....the Hocus Pocus shirts were gone and the original cauldron mug was gone. Limited sizes on the Party t-shirts and only 2 styles available. Checked a few stores and got the same story both nights. Cauldron bucket was available but got that at AK.
The only hocus pocus shirt that was gone as far as I could see was the purple one, they had the other 4. There were only 2 styles of party shirt to begin with, plus the pass holder shirt. They had all the sizes in both at the cart we bought from on the 19th. The cauldron mug was definitely gone, as were the pins but they are typically gone this late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter