"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I almost think that’s their hope. We’ll give you what you asked for, but we’re not going to make it convenient for you. Not that they necessarily want people to cancel, but they want people to not want the parade viewing (that they never intended to offer).

Could be! Offering the viewing at the same time as the party definitely fits the definition of inconvenient, LOL! It just seems that if they went to the effort (pretty rare) to form a team, call everybody, and staff a viewing area, that would at least want to try to make folks happy. Maybe this is just a situation where nobody is going to be completely happy.

They (CMs) have been adamant it’s viewing for the first parade. I look at it this way... they agreed to give us what they said they would. That doesn’t mean what they promised will be a true benefit. But they will provide what they promised. And Taking advantage of parade viewing will mean missing a significant (or all of the) time for dessert eating. But we can all decide what is important to us. I suspect most of us, me included, will wind up cancelling.

Essentially they are offering us to get parade viewing in exchange for having time to eat any desserts.

The timing never made sense. It’s why everyone was skeptical the parade viewing was actually included.

I'm pretty bummed that they did not move the parade time, but not overly surprised. If they were willing to move the parade time, then they could've just offered parade viewing as part of the dessert party package, as they did in 2016.

Now, those of us with the "special" parade viewing will be forced to give up some dessert party time. At this point, I'm just viewing this as a dessert party with no parade viewing included. Which to be honest, is what Disney should've done when the error was made. Apologized, left it out and moved on.

I have the direct number for the CM that I've spoken to a few times on this topic. I will give her a call today and I'll report back any info I get.

The garden party actually starts 30 minutes earlier than the terrace party, so it’s not inconceivable to think we could arrive at 8:45, snack for 30 minutes, get to a reserved spot in the hub (I’m guessing) then head to the garden after the parade passes (or even go back for a second plate before Hallowishes). The terrace folks have more of an issue, as they need to be arriving at the party at the same time they’re arriving at the parade viewing. I guess that’s why they want everyone with the parade viewing to check in between 4:30 and 6:30.
Maybe they will have the parade view folks come at the time of the Plaza folks

I like Hocus Pocus and free up with the movie. My DH and two sons (9 & 6) are not big fans. Are we crazy to skip it or is it a must see?
I doubt we will watch the show. I just am not sure if my 4 & 6 yr old will like it and my DH is not a fan of crowds, which I am afraid there will be to watch the show.

I doubt we will watch the show. I just am not sure if my 4 & 6 yr old will like it and my DH is not a fan of crowds, which I am afraid there will be to watch the show.

I could see why younger kids might not like this but we wouldn't miss it. We plan to go to the last show at 12 and hope most people are gone after and take a slow walk out of the park. We did this for the Christmas Party and loved it.

My DH is the same way! Our kids are 7, 4 and 2 and I don't think they will enjoy it especially my younger 2! I am hoping to watch the last show though if my kids can make it that long!

I'm waiting for the late show this year. Last year had serious problems. I was in the hub, watched the early show & then just turned and kept my spot for the parade. But had a young Dad with kids behind me. I let his kids in front but wasn't enough for the Dad & he was a problem & nuts. Not enough CMs to deal with stupid in the hub during the party. This year will skip the show, watch the parade from Frontierland & chill rather than deal with the stress & stupid of the hub. If I can stay up for the late show, may try. Just my insight after 4 plus events.

I'm waiting for the late show this year. Last year had serious problems. I was in the hub, watched the early show & then just turned and kept my spot for the parade. But had a young Dad with kids behind me. I let his kids in front but wasn't enough for the Dad & he was a problem & nuts. Not enough CMs to deal with stupid in the hub during the party. This year will skip the show, watch the parade from Frontierland & chill rather than deal with the stress & stupid of the hub. If I can stay up for the late show, may try. Just my insight after 4 plus events.
Oh geez. I definitely wouldn't want to deal with that mess!

No, once you make any resort changes your account is automatically flagged. Many book a resort reservation way in advance then when promotions drop they book another RR and cancel the one they don't need. This is what's causing the issue. Once the RR has been cancelled, your account is flagged. So is doesn't matter when you cancel or make your FP's, you're hit.

Also we have confirmed reports of many who have the early FP's in place:
  • FP+ 3:15-4:15, 4:15-5:15, and 5:15-6:00
  • FP+ 3:20-4:20, 4:20-5:20, 5:20-6pm
  • FP+ 3:25-4:25, 4:25-5:25 and 5:30-6:00
  • FP+ 3:30-4:30; 4:30-5:30; 5:30-6:00
And these guests have not had any issue.

I believe my FPs are included in the list above. I just checked and they are still there.

Since you’re analyzing stats, not sure when you are looking at reservations being adjusted but I fall into that yet my FPs are still in place.

The order I did things was:
1. Booked original room only reservation
2. Purchased MNSSHP tickets and linked to MDE
3. Added a day to our original reservation
4. Decided to add the dining plan so called to do this. Original reservation was cancelled and a new pkg was booked with room + dining plan
5. FPs booked Jun 20th and are still there now (Jul 19)

I believe my FPs are included in the list above. I just checked and they are still there.

Since you’re analyzing stats, not sure when you are looking at reservations being adjusted but I fall into that yet my FPs are still in place.

4. Decided to add the dining plan so called to do this. Original reservation was cancelled and a new pkg was booked with room + dining plan

Thanks for posting this! Looks like you made a lot of changes. FYI - last year some didn't even get emails and/or received them while on vacation. I'm sure you'll stay on top of your FP's and emails and I hope you don't get a notification. It sounds pretty time consuming to get it all sorted out.

I wonder if booking a room only reservation is your saving grace. Many booked full on RR's. Hmmm, interesting!

I could see why younger kids might not like this but we wouldn't miss it. We plan to go to the last show at 12 and hope most people are gone after and take a slow walk out of the park. We did this for the Christmas Party and loved it.
We just happened to catch the last bit of this show a couple of years ago and my daughter who was only 8 requested that if we were ever to go back she wants to make sure we see the whole thing! We loved it!

My son is 4 now, he will be 5 when we go. He is really excited to see The Hocus Pocus Show. He really wants to see Cruella DeVil.

It’s been a while since I saw you post, welcome back! I remember you from the 2017 Free Dining thread.

According to your post from 2017 your TA book your resort reservation on March 15, 2017: Post #1543,

what's confusing is: Post #15176, it sounds like you made a new reservation shortly after the Free Dining promotion dropped. That would explain why you wrote:

"Also a big shout to the TAs like the one I use. Mine wasn't able to find what we wanted like I had tried this morning but has been working all afternoon and will the next couple of days to untangle my reservations so I can keep everything I want and for my TA to get the credit too." on: Post #15188

I think you had two resort reservations and your TA cancelled one of them which is why your account was flagged and your FP’s were expunged.

I really like how you have everything so detailed. If people did this and posted it on the 2017 FP thread I'm sure @Queen of the WDW Scene would have been able to see where the issue was. Overall, her hunch was spot on it was the RR's.

Looking back at at the post above yours, this fellow DISer had TWO resort reservations at the same time you on the other hand didn't. When free dining drops most people "Modify" or just book another RR using the same account. I wonder what happens to those who "modify", do they get the dreaded emails? We already have enough responses from the others (with two RR's). Interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter