"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Thanks for all of the FP input! One more question - we are not going to change our hotel or length of stay. But we are planning to change our meal plan and cancel the park hopper. Do you think that will mess with our FPs? Should we make those changes before doing FPs?

It shouldn't make any difference, but honestly, with Disney IT you just never know.

Just be sure to keep an eye an all your plans and make sure they don't get messed up after.

No. They were NOT adamant about viewing for the first parade; they were "adamant" about nothing other than there would be some sort of parade viewing, but did tell many of us that it was their PREFERENCE and they were PLANNING for the viewing to be for the first parade dependent on one HUGE CAVEAT.......the release of the parade start times!

I'm not looking for an argument, but I've talked to three different people at Disney, for a total of 7 times. And I have two other voice mails. All of them have said, repeatedly, it would be the first parade. The reason I questioned this is because all along it seemed impossible to offer parade viewing. I booked the party on June 1 not understanding how the parade could be included, but hoping it would be.

Anyhow, we will see what transpires...

Have they already confirmed the Hallowishes fireworks time? I just don't see how they can keep the parade at 9:15, give people parade viewing, and allow them to have enough time to get back to the Terrace, enjoy desserts, and watch the fireworks.

Yes they have and I posted it on the Itinerary thread on: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989837"]Post #3[/URL]! :D
Confirmed Time: 10:15 p.m.
Duration: 12 minutes

Thanks for all of the FP input! One more question - we are not going to change our hotel or length of stay. But we are planning to change our meal plan and cancel the park hopper. Do you think that will mess with our FPs? Should we make those changes before doing FPs?

That hasn't been reported so far.

I'm not looking for an argument, but I've talked to three different people at Disney, for a total of 7 times. And I have two other voice mails. All of them have said, repeatedly, it would be the first parade. The reason I questioned this is because all along it seemed impossible to offer parade viewing. I booked the party on June 1 not understanding how the parade could be included, but hoping it would be.

Certainly not trying to argue, just making logical points:). We've all had numerous conversations with Disney, but those were all before the parade times were announced yesterday, no? I don't doubt what you were told by the CMs, but it was very clear to me that the viewing was parade time dependent, which was not known at the time of those conversations. The only thing consistent with those conversations were the scripted info that was read; the rest was added by each CM as we all reported our experiences and tried to piece the puzzle together. Like you, I want the viewing to be for the first parade; we're all in the same boat here. But based on the times, I'm just skeptical how it will work out. IMO, far easier to just offer viewing for the 2nd parade for the VERY FEW people that this actually impacts each night. I just don't see them making special accommodations with an entire party staff to keep the party open longer for only a few families. Since my party date is 8/17, I don't have the luxury to just assume how it will work out based on what some CMs said over the phone, especially when so much misinformation was also being given. I hope you're right and I'm wrong:)

Certainly not trying to argue, just making logical points:). We've all had numerous conversations with Disney, but those were all before the parade times were announced yesterday, no? I don't doubt what you were told by the CMs, but it was very clear to me that the viewing was parade time dependent, which was not known at the time of those conversations. The only thing consistent with those conversations were the scripted info that was read; the rest was added by each CM as we all reported our experiences and tried to piece the puzzle together. Like you, I want the viewing to be for the first parade; we're all in the same boat here. But based on the times, I'm just skeptical how it will work out. IMO, far easier to just offer viewing for the 2nd parade for the VERY FEW people that this actually impacts each night. I just don't see them making special accommodations with an entire party staff to keep the party open longer for only a few families. Since my party date is 8/17, I don't have the luxury to just assume how it will work out based on what some CMs said over the phone, especially when so much misinformation was also being given. I hope you're right and I'm wrong:)

Actually, Winston did say to me on our last phone call "Not sure how it will all work out with the dessert party starting at 9:15 and the parade at 9:15 as well,"
So, I "think" they had an idea recently. (He called me back the 8th)

Maybe they will be calling us all again, to give more info, but he seemed to think that was the last call.

And what if Parade Viewers were given early access to the Dessert Buffet :ssst:

While anything is possible, I just don't see them taking an entire party event staff and having them start early for the very few families that this will impact each night. Seems it would have to be open to all party guests as well. But if they did that, I guess folks could eat, go to the parade, and then come back to eat more and sit for the fireworks. Possible, but I think unlikely IMO.

Out of curiosity, how do you see this playing out if viewing is in fact for the first parade? I know you mentioned that we'd have to choose between parade time or eating time, but is that how you see things actually playing out? I just can't see many folks being happy with that and was my concern from the beginning.

Actually, Winston did say to me on our last phone call "Not sure how it will all work out with the dessert party starting at 9:15 and the parade at 9:15 as well,"

Maybe they will be calling us all again, to give more info, but he seemed to think that was the last call.

Did Winston happen to provide his direct number; we really should just call and find out if anything has been solidified instead of speculating. The CM that called me only had a general number, but I'm sure I could try that also and hope to get someone knowledgeable.

I really hate to be negative here, so please forgive me. I would keep expectations pretty low for Disney to do anything “different” for the parade folks. The chances of this going smoothly in practice - at least for the first night or two - are quite low in my opinion. Having done enough of these various dessert party and other special deals in the MK, it would seem to me to be the makings of a classic right hand/left hand situation.

Again, sorry to be negative, maybe all will go well - I’d just keep a very open mind just in case.
Couldn't agree more. I am going to the first party and likely going to cancel. Too many unknowns and now my husband may be joining us, so I can't add him and still get the parade viewing, so I think we will just cut our losses and cancel.

I'm also hopeful (ever the optimist!) that you will hear back before the first party with a better outline. You mentioned in another post, and I agree, that as long as I have enough time for one plate of desserts at one point, that's completely sufficient for my daughter and me. I just hope we aren't seated in the back row of terrace viewing bc we are coming over late.

Honestly the more and more I hear about timing and stuff it seems like a nightmare issue. I am leaning towards cancelling for sure.

Out of curiosity, how do you see this playing out if viewing is in fact for the first parade? I know you mentioned that we'd have to choose between parade time or eating time, but is that how you see things actually playing out? I just can't see many folks being happy with that and was my concern from the beginning.
I almost think that’s their hope. We’ll give you what you asked for, but we’re not going to make it convenient for you. Not that they necessarily want people to cancel, but they want people to not want the parade viewing (that they never intended to offer).

I have no reason to think they'd change it to the 2nd parade, all the CMs that spoke to us all said 1st.
I see them telling us Terrace pp we can stay longer after the fireworks, but I don't need a lot of time with desserts. As long as we can grab a plate full, and enjoy them while watching the fireworks from our table, we are fine. So I wont cancel. I really just wanted the views, without having to stake a spot, especially with it being the 1st night and possibly packed with bloggers.
Not sure how they do it for the garden view pp.
But, yes, I see where it may not work for others. Us 1st party pp will take one for the team. :)
The garden party actually starts 30 minutes earlier than the terrace party, so it’s not inconceivable to think we could arrive at 8:45, snack for 30 minutes, get to a reserved spot in the hub (I’m guessing) then head to the garden after the parade passes (or even go back for a second plate before Hallowishes). The terrace folks have more of an issue, as they need to be arriving at the party at the same time they’re arriving at the parade viewing. I guess that’s why they want everyone with the parade viewing to check in between 4:30 and 6:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter